• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

I find when I stay shy of physical dependence, by skipping an extra day every other time (or less often than that - I tend to do every 3rd day and then every 4th day in a repeating pattern), the effects are almost always really good. When I get dependence they get less good but interestingly, I have consistently been able to get really good effects for the past 11+ years even despite periods of daily use in large doses. It's strange because when phenibut first came out, people were generally saying tolerance builds very rapidly so there's no point doing it multiple days in a row. But that hasn't been my experience at all.

I tried and only got a small effect off 2 grams, and I got it from a reliable vendor. Granted, I can't get a buzz off of grams of gabapentin anymore.

Gabapentin and phenibut are cross-tolerant as a large portion of their effects are mediated by the same mechanism (they're both gabapentinoids). You may just need a larger dose but don't increase it too quickly because there's a narrow window between a good dose and a dose that is pretty uncomfortable.

You know, I think I like the day after phenibut as much as the day of phenibut. I always feel so loose and great still but in a subtler way. One of the things I love about phenibut is the music enhancement, I'm a musician and I like how it affects my playing. But the day after is even better for this, actually. Well, the day after is today and I'm going to the studio after work. :)

You know, I think I like the day after phenibut as much as the day of phenibut. I always feel so loose and great still but in a subtler way. One of the things I love about phenibut is the music enhancement, I'm a musician and I like how it affects my playing. But the day after is even better for this, actually. Well, the day after is today and I'm going to the studio after work. :)

Every single time I'm the totally blown away by music and sex just happens spontaneously.

I've gone weeks without dosing because I'm out of the country and only have two doses to last me til late July so it's going to be very interesting to see how I react on Sunday to 1.75g.

Last edited:
So I thought I'd update this thread with what's been happening for my Phenibut use in hopes of maybe getting some answers.

As I described in the thread above I was back in the US late last month and got (360) 250mg tablets. It came in two shipments and one of them sat in high-90's temperatures in the sun on a porch for two days. After going months without Phenibut I had very high hopes that 1.75g would now be the magic dose.

I started with the "cooked" batch first and here's what I've been noticing: I'm not getting the "glow." I seem to get a touch of the positivity and natural conversation and good sex and appreciation of music but not the "glow" that puts a shit-eating grin on my face for 18 hours and then just a normal grin for another 12 hours.

So yesterday morning I tried the batch that didn't sit in the sun. 2g of it. As normal, I kept it on an empty stomach for an hour or so then ate a turmeric root and drank a bunch of water and then ate a bunch of tropical fruit (I live in the Caribbean).

Still just not getting the glow. We had friends over and I noticed I was very good socially and conversationally but I'm just not getting the overwhelming, irresistible comfortable nudge toward being the person I wish I could be all the time (and the person I suspect I am without all the bullshit influences and addiction I've experienced in life).

Yesterday I was very fortunate in experiencing music appreciation at a high level. I have a best-of-the-best playlist that I revere and only listen to at special times and I just found myself with it on yesterday and wow, let me say, just fucking wow. (If you're interested it's 90% Pat Metheny Group with some Lyle Mays and Keith Jarrett - I literally have goosebumps all over my arms and scalp right now just typing those names - no, I'm not normal - but neither are you if you're reading this) =D Interested in what I like? Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMRmCAiC5TM

I've been experimenting with herbal nootropics for a couple of years and something I've tried lately has fucked with my mojo, including sexually and so with not being able to achieve the "glow" yesterday, I'm going to go cold turkey on everything for 10 days. I've been taking lemon balm extract, bacopa, cordyceps, rhodiola, and panax ginseng. I'm going to go ten days without then add back rhodiola and cordyceps only.

Xorkoth, I've got to think that there's something I can do aid the process when I take this shit. I'm keeping an empty stomach as long as possible and also adding 500mg of choline bitartrate.

Any advice, man?

For me, it works best when I stagger my doses, but maybe you already do that. Today is a phenibut day for me... I took my first dose at 10:15, second at 11:15 (total 2 grams now) and I'm starting to feel really nice... gonna take my last dose (total of 2.5 grams) in 15 minutes, at 1:00. I expect to get the chatty euphoric glow by 2 or 3. I don't always get the peak of the effects every time but I am very rarely disappointed. I do notice I have somewhat of a perma-tolerance though. When I haven['t done it in a long time, 2 grams in 2 or 3 doses is what it takes. I was doing 3 grams every 3 days recently but have reduced it to 2.5 grams every 3 days and the slight rebound from it is reduced, I'm going to try to change it to roughly every 4 days at most so there's none. Anyway, my point is that at 2.5 grams now, the effect is noticeably milder. Still very nice, but not AS nice.

Also... man, you gotta get bulk powder, so much cheaper than trying to get capsules. The place I get it from has an orange scoop, I've weighed it and with the fine crystals-style phenibut (which works better than the other forms in my experience), one level scoop is almost exactly 500mg. We can't discuss prices but it's damn cheap in bulk.

Like almost everything I take, I know I can get a much better value in powder but I'm just willing to pay for the convenience of the capsules. It's quick and I just don't have to think at all. You're probably right though, I need to check it out.

I haven't staggered the dosing yet. That'll be my next attempt on Sunday morning. What percentage of the dose do you take first?

Like half, then add 1/4 and then another 1/4, roughly. Spread over about 3 hours generally. I prefer staggered dosing.

And yeah I just have my tub of phenibut... I keep the orange scoop in there and I just know every level scoop is ~500mg. Couldn't be easier, really. :) My 100g tub lasts for around 4 months or so... so cheap it basically feels free.

Yeah, I'll definitely get the powder next time.

I might have already asked but can't remember: do you take anything else with it? Choline?

No, well, caffeine generally, but I take that anyway. I love weed with it, or psychedelics, but I don't think that's what you mean. When I have piracetam or the like I combine them but I don't find it makes any real difference. Choline shouldn't make a difference either as phenibut has nothing to do with acetylcholine pathways, but it couldn't hurt and choline supplementation is a good idea in general.

I?ve probably benefited more from caffeine than any other substance. I started taking a caffeine capsule with theanine and it?s even better; I can take more caffeine without getting too stimulated.

I ran out of phenylperacetam and probably won?t get more. I do find a double dose of modafinil is extremely motivating and is a massive cognitive boost when I need it.

Xorkoth, have you researched medicinal mushroom supplements? There?s some very solid science behind them being very healing for the brain.

Yeah, I take cordyceps every day also. I'm actually looking into foraging wild ones around where I live, as there are quite a few.

So yesterday morning at 6:40 I took 1,250 mg. At 8:20 I took another 1,000mg.

Wow, I got steamrolled.

This was the first time I actually took too much and experienced unwanted side effects that increased throughout the day til 12 hours after second dosing I felt dizzy and when trying to walk acted like I was drunk while being completely sober; very strange to say the least.

So maybe staggering the doses is the answer! Next time I'm going to do a gram upon waking and another 750mg an hour or so later and see if I find the good "glow" this time.

Xorkoth, another question for you. Yesterday was the second time I got a massive headache from Phenibut. It wasn't as bad as the first time it happened back in May, which on a headache scale of 1-to-10 was an 8.5

Any idea what's causing that?

Huh, not sure man, I get slight headaches that are persistent from phenibut, only when I take too much. so I'd guess it's related to you taking too much.

But yeah, staggering works! I bet if you lower your total dose it'll be golden for you. :)

Do you feel good today? I find that when I take too much phenibut, I still get the good next-day glow even though it's unpleasant the day I took it.

Yeah, I feel great but the headache is still here, just not as bad. What?s strange is that the day I had a crushing headache back in May I only took 2g which I?ve done at least a dozen times with zero headache. It was the worst headache I?ve had in many years.

Every so often I get a "too much" effect from my standard dose of phenibut, it's weird.

Perfect description of the phenibut experience I felt like I was testing my own notes on it. Agree with every part of original post.

Lately i been getting into fluro phenibut. It feels 95%the same but with only having to take a small dose I dont get that high acidity body feeling from it. It also produces a stronger but easier to control mania and with good bud the music enhancement is even stronger.
I use phenibut for playing in my band, practicing with my band, listening to music with good headphones and vinyls, sex with the mrs and sometimes for work.

I have also been using it 10 years or so and I rank it right next to good bud as my favorite long term ally. It always works and i never got hooked on it. Simply makes life better if only for twice a week but I'll take it!

I actually don't take more than a gram max now otherwise the effects are too strong for my liking, Anabasis. You could try lowering to a gram then moving up from there.