• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

I’m doing every other day (with at least a couple of days in between once or twice since I started) and I’m already up to 2 grams with still a very positive energy and music is great. I haven’t suffered any side effects or dependence (needless to say) but I can tell I probably need at least four days off soon to accommodate the rapid onset of tolerance.

I’m taking this as soon as my eyes open in the morning and going as long as comfortably possible before eating. I’m taking it with choline, caffeine and l-theanine. As soon as I eat I take a very healthy dose of bacopa and cordyceps. On my “off day” from Phenibut I take 300-400 mgs of phenylpiracetam.

I still love the beautiful high I get from Yellow Bullets ephedra diet pills but I’m married now and the associated ups n downs (mainly ups!) of marriage have revealed to me for the first time in the 15 years I’ve used and benefited so immensely from ephedra that it’s not the best mood-stabilizer.

I have to once again comment on just how amazing music and sex are on this Phenibut shit.

Every other day consistently will lead to physical dependence eventually for sure, so be careful.

I'm doing about once a week. I had to withdraw from it after every other day, going down to every third day, going down to every 4th day. Since I attained dependence at every other day, I even withdrew from every 4 days when I stopped taking it. it wasn't bad but it took about a month to feel normal. I didn't do any for about 2 and a half months total and then started doing it on average once a week again. I've had a couple of weeks where I did it twice (for example, Halloween weekend/week where I went out to shows Saturday and Tuesday). It gives me a great high every time and if I don't have it, it doesn't bother me at all. Perfect! :)

I think I'm gonna have to give this stuff a rest. Lately I've been getting more and more what I guess I can describe as either hangover or rebound effects usually starting around 16 hrs after dosing. These effects include nausea, insomnia and anxiety. Like I said they generally start around 16 hours after dosing and then last until about 36-48 hours after dosing.

Kinda sucks really. Each time I use phenibut, I discover more reasons why I enjoy it's primary effects but at the same time the aftermath also becomes more apparent/unpleasant.

So i think I'm just gonna stop experimenting with the stuff altogether.

I recently went 10 days between dosing and then did 1.75g and had one of my most spectacular days in years! That?s been almost two weeks ago and I?m about to try again with 1.5g this week.

Thanks for posting. I am just beginning to start my nootropics, racetams and similarly classified drugs. Been strongly considering ordering phenibut as my first dip into the nootropic world mainly to help me take less Adderall and kratom. I've just been very hesitant about trying it because of it's addictive tendencies. Your post has been very helpful.

I wouldn't really call phenibut a nootropic... it's more of an actual drug. But it's a good one. Piracetam is a good first foray into actual nootropics, or noopept.

Glad I could help. :)

Yesterday I took 2g phenibut along with choline, caffeine and l-theanine and just like my last dosing failed to get the beautiful glow. It?s been very hit or miss. I?m thinking that coffee and keeping a very empty stomach for as long as possible might be the magic combo?

I?m honestly getting more now from phenylpiracetam and it won?t take no for an answer like phenibut.

I?m going to lay off the phenibut for about 10 days and next time try adding a cup of coffee on a morning stomach for extra acidity. Will report back. If anyone can comment on what works for a guaranteed glow, I?m all ears!

How often are you dosing phenibut? I don't always get the same beautiful glow but it's pretty consistent for me if I dose only once or twice a week, with at least 3 days between doses. It also helps if I dose it in several increments rather than all at once. I tend to prefer 2.5 grams usually although occasionally it's a bit too much and 2 grams is better. Usually I do 1.5 grams at once, then 1-2 hours later I do .5 grams, then 1-2 hours later I do the final .5 grams. I find this method to give quite consistent results.

How often are you dosing phenibut? I don't always get the same beautiful glow but it's pretty consistent for me if I dose only once or twice a week, with at least 3 days between doses. It also helps if I dose it in several increments rather than all at once. I tend to prefer 2.5 grams usually although occasionally it's a bit too much and 2 grams is better. Usually I do 1.5 grams at once, then 1-2 hours later I do .5 grams, then 1-2 hours later I do the final .5 grams. I find this method to give quite consistent results.

I?m only dosing every 7-10 days. How important is keeping an empty stomach?

I haven't noticed it to be a big deal either way. I'll say that some of the hardest it's hit me, for some reason, is if I wake up early and take some and then sleep for another couple of hours... I'll wake up quite affected. I don't know, it's a strange drug. But after probably about 12 years by now, I still get good effects from it consistently. Some times are better than others.

I love phenibut. My sweet spot is 2g but I will try staggering my dose as you recommend as sometimes I don't get desired result.
Has anyone else had numb fingers while sleeping?
I'm working up to having a month off phenibut to see if it's related.

Phenibut is just inconsistent I think. Or at least I haven't yet discovered the right variable yet.

I've tried staggering doses and it doesn't always seem to be consistent. Sometimes taking one large dose gives me stronger better effects while other times staggering will give stronger better effects.

I've also tried dosing on an empty stomach versus a full stomach as well as dosing with high fat or with something acidic.

I just can't seem to find anything related to dosing that gives consistent results. Sometimes the effects are just better than other times and I have no clue why.

The only consistent benefit I've found with staggering is that the main plateau of good effects does seem to last longer, which is always a plus.

Next time I?m going to dose, I?m going to take 1.5g when I wake up to pee in the night and another half gram when I get up!

Next time I?m going to dose, I?m going to take 1.5g when I wake up to pee in the night and another half gram when I get up!

I'd be interested to hear if it works good for you like the way it worked out for Xorkoth.

I'd try it myself but won't be able to for a couple weeks. I try to limit my phenibut use to only once or twice a month because ultimately I'm an addict so I'm trying to be cautious.

I think if I take some several hours before getting up then I might way oversleep and essentially ruin my day. For me, getting up each day is hard enough. With phenibut in my system I may just oversleep half the day away. Even an alarm may not help; I tend to just turn it off and go back to sleep without realizing it when I'm groggy. Hopefully that doesn't happen when I try this myself :/

I don?t really understand how this is so addictive. I feel no desire to redose. In fact, if I don?t get the glow this next time I?m going to just stick this stuff in the fridge for a few months and try again later.

I don't find it compulsive whatsoever, but it is physically addictive if you get lax and start using it too often. I never have any problem at all sticking to the schedule I have decided. But it does work consistently for me by now (didn't always used to) so I always have the desire to dose it again since I feel very favorably about it.

Does the acidity of phenibut upset anyone?s stomach after just one use? I?ve gone through about 250gs in 5 years during which I had a few months of dependency which obviously caused some problems but nowadays I get hangover like stomach pains after one use. I still use it as it is very effective for insomnia/recovery from lifting weights. I hear plenty of people develop dependency fairly quickly, for me it takes about 5 days of dosing 2 grams. I haven?t heard any/many accounts of I?ll effects after one use. It really does feel comparable to the morning after a night of heavy drinking. It?s bearable for the first couple days but I wonder if is damaging my stomach with every single use? Is a shame as it has been the only non-opiate/benzo that touches my insomnia.

Huh, well, I do certainly find it intense. Not exactly caustic, more like a sort of burning like a really sour candy like Warheads cause. It's never bothered my stomach though.

I withdrew from phenibut a few months ago, maybe 4 months? I didn't have any for 2 months. I had been taking it every other day for years, then every third day for a year or so, then every 4th day a few times and then I jumped off. It took about a month to feel 100% normal but it was never too bad at any point. I just wanted to report that since then I have started taking it again. At first it was just every so often, but I've been dealing with a lot of stress/worry/pain recently about some loved ones, and also using stimulants too often, so I've gotten back into taking it every 3rd day. Recently I noticed that I'm getting a light phenibut withdrawal feeling in the last 12 hours before dosing. So I guess, for me anyway, even taking it regularly every 3 days is enough to produce some amount of dependence.

I have after finishing a 250gram bag of it and it was awful, I almost got over the effects then my 4 bottles of 90- 500mg pills arrived and I fell right back into it's fake loving arms, this is a drug to be taken for job interviews and uncomfortable gatherings, not every day and believe me I started out that way but fell right into the trap of daily use of over 3 grams and now I have pains in most of my arm muscles and arm pits plus the back and front of the top legs. do yourself a favor use it for special occasions if uncomfortable for you, first dates if uncomfortable for you, job interview, company parties if uncomfortable and deaths in the family and you will control phenibut or Phenibut will control you and you will make up any excuse to take it.

I fucked with pheni a bit. Wasnt too amazing. I do feel the effects but they are very subtle after youve experienced it. The first few dosing are the most recreational feeling. After the second 2.5g dose it kinda lost its novelty to me. I still have some left that I take every once in a while.