• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you have any regrets from your life, involving drugs?

There's lots of shit I wish I could take back, but oddly enough using or not using has never felt like something I had any choice in. It was always gonna happen.

I feel the same. As many problems as drugs have caused for me (or I've caused because of drugs... drugs are inanimate for fuck's sake), I feel that, given my mental background, I'd found them either way, or would have wound up even worse off for various reasons. Despite the problems of drug use, a sober life for me would have been a bigger catastrophe.

I regret trying meth. I only tried it once and at first I felt great. For hours I was high as a kite and ok with that. Then about 10 hours or so after taking it, I let my anxiety get the best of me and I had a massive panic attack. Felt like I was dying so called 911. They said there was nothing physically wrong, it was just a panic attack. But I haven't been the same since then. Everything gives me anxiety now and it has ruined my life. Literally everything. I can't even exist without feeling anxious. Its been 6 years since that happened and I'm still struggling to be the person I was before that happened. I can't even drink fucking caffeine because I'm afraid of the physical feeling of caffeine. Hell, I can't even eat chocolate without having a panic attack. Naturally I never tell a dr or shrink about what started my extreme anxiety. I would never tell a dr that I do/have done drugs. I had anxiety issues before this happened, but it made it worse. And of course it's like pulling teeth to get any dr to prescribe benzos to people who can actually use them responsibly, so I just have to suffer and self medicate with shitty things like benadryl or just start drinking alcohol when I have a panic attack.

Sorry. Rant over.

I regret trying meth. I only tried it once and at first I felt great. For hours I was high as a kite and ok with that. Then about 10 hours or so after taking it, I let my anxiety get the best of me and I had a massive panic attack. Felt like I was dying so called 911. They said there was nothing physically wrong, it was just a panic attack. But I haven't been the same since then. Everything gives me anxiety now and it has ruined my life. Literally everything. I can't even exist without feeling anxious. Its been 6 years since that happened and I'm still struggling to be the person I was before that happened. I can't even drink fucking caffeine because I'm afraid of the physical feeling of caffeine. Hell, I can't even eat chocolate without having a panic attack. Naturally I never tell a dr or shrink about what started my extreme anxiety. I would never tell a dr that I do/have done drugs. I had anxiety issues before this happened, but it made it worse. And of course it's like pulling teeth to get any dr to prescribe benzos to people who can actually use them responsibly, so I just have to suffer and self medicate with shitty things like benadryl or just start drinking alcohol when I have a panic attack.

Sorry. Rant over.

Thanks for posting that. I have a friend who had a very similar reaction to you, only in his case it was a single night's use of cocaine. The first time it happened, it took a few years for things to improve and the anxiety to diminish. Unfortunately he then made the mistake, about 15 years later, of doing the same thing again. About 2 years on from that, he's still recovering from the anxiety and depression it provoked, with the help of therapy and anti-depressants, which also helped take the edge off the anxiety. I hope things do improve for you over time too.

I feel the same. As many problems as drugs have caused for me (or I've caused because of drugs... drugs are inanimate for fuck's sake), I feel that, given my mental background, I'd found them either way, or would have wound up even worse off for various reasons. Despite the problems of drug use, a sober life for me would have been a bigger catastrophe.

agreed except replace mental background with spinal background....lol

Aside from all unfortunate incidents that involved drugs.. the one i truly regret was smoking spice for a while.. my anxiety / panic attacks have never been worse.. resulting in benzo relapse.. addicted to benzos way more than the previous habit that i almost died kicking...

Another situation sticks out.. dealing with serotonin syndrome due to tramadol / ssri / meth / cannabis / gabapentin high dosage combination was scary as hell...

No regrets. I might have chosen the wrong time to take drugs on more than a few occasions, yet I was sober when I made those choices (to get fucked up when I should have been sober).

edit: ok i guess those are technically regrets, in general i don't regret what i've taken or any particular habit. it was more the wanton manner in which i consumed the drugs, from ages 19-23 mostly.

Last edited:
The last 20 years are full of regret.

Making regrettable choices is kind of my thing. I’m pretty good at it.