• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Question about potentiating butalbital (a baribiturate) with Soma or anything else

ManFromLeng

Greenlighter
Hey all. I have a perscription of butalbital for migraines, which is basically Fiornal minus codeine. Anyway I know that as a barbiturate a lot of people aren't fond of butalbital, but because opioids make me sick it's about my only way to get high in the downer/body way that I prefer. I also have a Soma perscription for skeletal and back pain. Just as a quick aside, Soma can be fun but it makes me too drunken/stupid mentally (even more than usual). So I don't usually abuse it.

Anway my first question:
Does Soma potentiate barbiterates like butalbital? And just so I'm sure I'm using the word right, I mean "make the butalbital's effects last longer" when I say potentiation, as opposed to "make its effects more intense."

My second question: if Soma doesn't work like this, does anyone have advice on something that would?

I've spent a while getting my Google on but haven't had any luck yet.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

It might expand the butal's effect, but the duration of action won't be longer. Maybe look into cypA34 inhibitors, such as white grapefruit juice.. This is the enzyme that mainly 'breaks' down butal'. Always start with a much lower dose than normal when inhibiting an enzyme..

Just be careful. Barbiturates have a much worse safety window than benzos and adding other CNS depressants or inhibiting enzymes is more dangerous. Butalbital is fairly safe (fairly shitty too) but still exercise caution.

Fiorinal, btw is butalbital, caffeine, and aspirin. Fiorinal with Codeine only has codeine.

I would avoid. The therapeutic dose vs lethal dose is very low, about 1:2-2.5, the lowest of any class of drugs. ALSO, I took six fiorecet once and, OD'd, don't remeber what happened- either I dreamed I went psychotic, or I actually did- still do not know what really happened to this day, and this was like 4 years ago- I think I might have just fell and passed out on my floor with the light on but I don't recall- The caffiene with Barbituate is a danger for not judging intoxication and potential death or psychosis.

Soma takes the risk to the cubed power.

Thank you all for your input. For the record, I'm an otherwise healthy male, short, weigh 125. I also keep notes for every time I use. Mostly because I have OCD, but also to try and see patterns, find out how to safely maximize the effects, etc. I've used either Butalbital by itself or with Soma 16 times since April, and ended up passing out five of those times. The weird thing is, I can't find any correlation between amount used, time frame used in, and whether or not I have a nice, enjoyable trip, or just pass out.

For example: One time I took 15 Butal and 5 Soma over the course of 4 hours and was riding high all day. Had a good time. Another time, took 13 Butal and 2 Soma in 6 hours and passed out. Worthless. I usually use on an empty stomach, but I have noticed that if I throw a light meal in between doses, it keeps me high without knocking me out.

My record for not passing out was 21 Butal and 3 Soma in 8 hours. That said, I got too high to enjoy that one. For me, I like a low-key body high that lasts. Not interested in getting completely wasted, or worse, passing out. Just a personal thing.

Oh also, a third question: does dextromethorphan/DXM reduce tolerance to barbiturates like Butalbital? I usually take 30 mg an hour before the first dose, then toss in one or two more 15 mg capsules prior to later uses. This is not an effort to "add" to the high or potentiate it; only trying to keep my tolerance down.

Oh also, a third question: does dextromethorphan/DXM reduce tolerance to barbiturates like Butalbital? I usually take 30 mg an hour before the first dose, then toss in one or two more 15 mg capsules prior to later uses. This is not an effort to "add" to the high or potentiate it; only trying to keep my tolerance down.

Just to let you know, you are gonna die. Jimi Hendrix died from 6 barbituate tablets, Judy garlin from 10- and she had a tremendous tolerance. It has the lowest ED50:LD:50 ratio of all consumed substances.

I'm talkin real quick, Jack, real mothafuckin quick.
Literally every drug is safer and most are more euphoric. all risk no reward.

Most likely no it doesn't.

What you're doing is really dangerous and reckless, like mike.vick said, barbituriates are really dangerous and a little too much can kill you

Everyone's tolerance is different. I go through 30 pills in 2 days. I take 2 fioricet with 1000mg vitamin c and also parachute 2 more at the same time. I enjoy the numb feeling in my lips and the buzz it gives me. I am prescribed these for migraine and like to make the most of anything I get.

Thanks for sharing your experimental. You never told us what was in the pills. Hopefully they're fifteen PEZ and no one's had the courage to tell you your brother puts lidocaine on the PEZ dispenser for that numbing feeling.

ANyway, OP wrote that 15 months ago, about a discontinued barbiturate and how to get higher with it. Not something to resurrect.

-->Archive.