• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

will risperidone or invega affect cocaine or methamphetamine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilgriffy

Greenlighter
I am currently on risperidone and invega. I was wondering if it would affect his cocaine or methamphetamine usage. Any info or experience would be greatly appreciated. I know that drugs are bad so please no lectures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here on Bluelight we don't use "my dog" or any of that "talking in the third person" nonsense, it doesn't provide any actual protection.

Risperidone and paliperidone are both strong dopamine receptor antagonists (Invega is actually the main metabolite of risperidone) so they will greatly diminish the euphoric/compulsive effects of methamphetamine and cocaine as well. And if you're on both for a mental disorder, methamphetamine or cocaine will both predispose you to a higher likelihood of side effects like mania, paranoia, etc even if you stop.

Well do you think it will diminish it more than olanzapine, because my dog was on that for years and it didnt effect the high to much.

OP, since you cannot comprehend what third person is and the thread has been answered , the thread is closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.