Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Medicare blacklisting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBloggs

Bluelight Crew
Has this happened to anyone? I get diaz scripts regularly from multiple doctors, have done so for the last 8 or so years. Never once had an issue with blacklisting. Im also a registered drug addict because ive been on both programs multiple times. Is it just a load of bs?

I realise diaz scripts dont need autnority, but still, jI thought theyd at least send me a letter about it or somethint.

The PBS authority will send alerts to prescrbers (and pharmacies, I think) i if a particular patient is filling too many scripts for a drug, to try and prevent doctor shopping. So like if you were to visit 5 diff docs on a rotation regularly so you could get a box of diaz prescribed every 10 days, yes that would (or should) trigger an alert. I read about this in a coroner's report on a cluster of prescription overdose deaths in NSW, I'll try and find it for you.

Thanks, maybe Im just slipping through the cracks and been lucky. I often get private scripts which is a factor i guess. They dont like to do them but they do if you have the right spiel.

Ah I just realised it wasn't a coroner's report I read it in, it was a medical record in my old job at a hospital, and it was for Oxycontin. Whether the same applies for valium I'm not certain as it's not Schedule 8 - although there was talk of it becoming that some while back (I hope not)

I did find this which might be of use to you https://www.humanservices.gov.au/he...ices/medicare/prescription-shopping-programme

Not sure which state you're in but you might also find this interesting (warning: long as hell) http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/doctor shopping amended finding.pdf

Hi Joe, back during my doc shopping days i would do the same. I was surprised too that i got away with so much.

If it wad Alprazolam or oxycontin like you said, these are both schedual 8 now the system would pick you up in a few quick trips.

Private scripts aren't monitored like PBS scripts are. If your getting multiple scripts from different doctors at different clinics i hope your smart enough to pay full price. Or yes, big red flags go up on the Medicare Dr shopper website & Medicare will blacklist you.

I currently get (from the same Dr. though), every ten days, a 50 pack of diazepam and a 50 pack of clonazepam. I've been getting prescribed these types of meds (different benzos at the same time, different scripts) and never had any eyebrows raised.
I Used to get them until 2014, but just out of curiosity, is it still incredibly hard to get prescribed alprazolam, and if one was, is it the same system for the GP where they just have to call to approve the medication? Not sourcing what so ever, just a general curiosity as it's been a few years now since I've had to deal with it.

^ Still don't get the point of bots like that. They don't post links and just post a generic paragraph

Status
Not open for further replies.