• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Interesting withdrawal concept

Speeedmagic

Bluelighter
SO, for quite a while now I've been perscribed large doses of both adderall, and a variety of different benzos.. and have extensive opioid knowledge from long term use as well..(hydros,ocs,ops,opana,dillies) and I have a concept thats highly debated between friends...
basically my idea is whenever i find myself having to lower my dose or even cut off *shutter* I'll always try and use the rule of opposites. When in stimulant withdrawl, benzos and opioids are key.. then I try to always taper myself off those until the time passes that I can refill or whatever.. The same works (somewhat) the other way around.. when in opiate/Benz withdrawl I try to do anything I can to cure the phisical side of it (gabapentin/Kratom) in either case tbh.. as I keep both on hand for just this reason.. and then go nuts with my addy!! It gets me outside, keeps my mind stimulated and although I'm in phisical pain it feels much more (mind over matter) tollerable...

Let me know what you guys think of my theory. It's kept me going this long! Lol

Well for me anytime I am going through Opioid w/d, amphetamines meth in particular helps alleviate 100% of symptoms.

You can probably find quite a few posts with a similar mindset through the Search Engine as ,respectfully, this isn't exactly an original concept. The switching from stims to opioids, benzos (in responsible amounts) is a fairly sound plan to get through being spun out as long as you don't swing to far in that direction and run out of aforementioned opioids / benzos too early without taper.

The practice of using stims to come through opioid / benzo withdrawal is a bit more concerning as benzo w/d's can result in seizures especially when compounded by opioid w/d's and cessation of gabapentin if that is applicable. IME a mild / moderate stimulant after day 4-5 of opioid w/d does help in getting back to a baseline state but I always taper the benzos or at least the gabapentin. It's a shame the Feds are going to Schedule Kratom as it was invaluable for withdrawals and quite benign. Friggin Big Pharma had something to do with that.

Oh hell yea thah shit is too much for me man. Yea as long as you're lucky enough to have anticonvulsants at hand stims would be dangerous, but as long as you to it make the first 1-4 days of WD MUCH better tbh

I prefer to suffer and learn my lesson, so it doesn't happen again (at least for a while). I've been consuming nothing out of the ordinary during my oxy taper other than healthy things. Over a week in now without slipping up and I am at 60mg now! Coming from way too much. I like to take things like fruits, vegetables, water, vitamins, and tea. Usually more strong drugs is the last thing on my mind. It has been absolute hell but it's an experience I'll never forget. If I stimulated my body throughout that opiate withdrawal to deal with the lethargy and depression, I feel like I'd be missing out on an important life lesson. That depression isn't really going to go away for me and I need to relearn how to self-motivate myself again.

I'm sure it can work, but judging by the way your worded everything it really seems like you are just seeking temporary alternatives for drugs you have less of a tolerance to, without an innate desire to quit using. Just because it's meth doesn't mean it can't help (it does with acute opiate withdrawal for sure, but your body is already dealing with a lot of stress). It's not for me.

If I really am fiending and about to cave, or if the appetite suppression or nausea or emotions are too much - I'll smoke some hash but that's it. It doesn't make the pain any less but helps me mentally deal with it for the first week.

Shroomy. Sounds like you like to feel the "guilt" of the after-use, I'd prefer to stay high (on one thing or another) and function. As this is proven to be near impossible when talking about drug withdrawals, my theory is the closest I've come to solving this issue