• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Visual distortion/hallucinations meth?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I've tried looking into it, and I keep reading a lot about people strongly hallucinating during a meth binge, but what I've been experiencing has been pretty minor and nothin like what people are describing. For some reason, every time I do another dose of meth I get visuals similar to the comeup of an acid trip. E. g. Breathing walls, moving/flowing textures, and most noticeably right now all the text on my screen seems to be wiggling back and forth. Anyone else experience this in meth? If this even is meth (like like it, however).

Been getting this with coke, usually after a lack of sleep. All the reports I find seem to be serious paranoid delusions, I don't get anything like that. Usually just visual disturbances; walls warping, parallel objects appear to be drifting apart etc.

Probably from staying awake too long.

Yeah this can happen, especially if you don't sleep.

Give your body a break, re-hydrate, eat and sleep!

Maybe has something to do with it's affinity for the sigma 1 receptor ?

Been getting this with coke, usually after a lack of sleep. All the reports I find seem to be serious paranoid delusions, I don't get anything like that. Usually just visual disturbances; walls warping, parallel objects appear to be drifting apart etc.

Probably from staying awake too long.
The strange thing is, even though I've been using daily, I've still been sleeping a decent amount every morning, anywhere from 5-7 hours. The visual distortions don't start up until I take another shot, so I'm assuming it's more of the cause than the sleep. Perhaps something to do with the dopamine release?

I'm not sure really, I never experienced any strange visual phenomena with methamphetamine. I did have slight visual effects once on 4-MAR, but again, this was after not having slept for a significant amount of time and the visuals were more like colours and lights around me starting to blur into one another.. different.

It is only lately I have been experiencing it with the coke and I think it might be a sign to take a break. It may just be something you experience with meth, everything affects everyone differently. For instance, some people don't seem to get noticeable visuals on LSD.

I don't know much about receptors, neurotransmitters etc. if I can find any reports or info about it, I'll be sure to post.

It's funny you mention the letters on the screen wriggling. That exact thing happened to me on my 2nd ever meth comedown.

I used to get it on 3-FPM quite heavily after a long binge.

I get them with Methamphetamine a lot sooner, but no way near the level that 3-FPM put me into. Mostly just light, and abstract shapes with Meth (early stages yet). 3-FPM on the other hand saw me sitting in front of the window hiding behind the curtain while trying to understand why these people kept waving at me, and then running off.

For me at least, 3-FPM never produced the amount of paranoia Meth does. The window hiding moments written above, never actually scared me, or made me anxious at all. I'd sometimes even wave back and laugh. Meth paranoia hits me very quickly into the binge.

EDIT: 3-FPM binges mostly always resulted in Psychosis. Which explains it.

I used to get it on 3-FPM quite heavily after a long binge.

I get them with Methamphetamine a lot sooner, but no way near the level that 3-FPM put me into. Mostly just light, and abstract shapes with Meth (early stages yet). 3-FPM on the other hand saw me sitting in front of the window hiding behind the curtain while trying to understand why these people kept waving at me, and then running off.

For me at least, 3-FPM never produced the amount of paranoia Meth does. The window hiding moments written above, never actually scared me, or made me anxious at all. I'd sometimes even wave back and laugh. Meth paranoia hits me very quickly into the binge.

EDIT: 3-FPM binges mostly always resulted in Psychosis. Which explains it.
I've yet to experience any serious hallucinations or delusions from meth yet thankfully. It doesn't make me anxious usually either. The only time I can think of that it did me it anxious it was so bad I almost had a panic attack or something though. Other than that I can be around family/friends on it without really worrying. These visual distortions kind of worry me though. It's like I can feel this drug changing my brain.

It seems like some people start hallucinating after multi day binges and some^^^ like you get it sooner. People said affinity for receptors, which I'm sure plays a role in this.

The majority of reports I read suggest this happens after binges. The fact it's happening to you so early, makes me think, you should just give yourself a break and load up on vitamins, hydrate, electrolytes and food. Give it another go after a break. IMO.

It seems like some people start hallucinating after multi day binges and some^^^ like you get it sooner. People said affinity for receptors, which I'm sure plays a role in this.

The majority of reports I read suggest this happens after binges. The fact it's happening to you so early, makes me think, you should just give yourself a break and load up on vitamins, hydrate, electrolytes and food. Give it another go after a break. IMO.
This didn't start until probably day 6 of using consecutively I think, I just haven't been awake the full time.

Adrenal fatigue lol, your tiring out. Lol at 5-7 hours a night and coke. You might need 9 perfect hours to get away with that. As well as perfect 3000 cal diet. Adrenal fatigue causes blurry vision. Nobody damaged there dopamine receptors cocaine isn't neurotoxic.

you lost the ability to have your endocrine system keep up with the brain so the world starts to compress.

Last edited:
Most of anyone's stimulant problems isn't that the brain isnt getting high. It's physically depleting to all the bodies energy (and mental staminina) output from the endocrine system.

Adrenal fatigue lol, your tiring out. Lol at 5-7 hours a night and coke. You might need 9 perfect hours to get away with that. As well as perfect 3000 cal diet. Adrenal fatigue causes blurry vision. Nobody damaged there dopamine receptors cocaine isn't neurotoxic.

you lost the ability to have your endocrine system keep up with the brain so the world starts to compress.
We're talking about meth, not coke. And I'm not having issues with getting high at all, just with hallucinaing slightly.

OP, the point is you shouldn't be seeing shit, right? I could see a person hallucinate, while on meth, if they used to trip on L or shrooms. In that case, maybe the meth flips a switch.

Aside from that, you could just be a little too high and it's just your brain, IMO.

Room mate.

My room mate is suffering x100. Today in just the 6-8 hours I spent with her before my interview she encountered 100-150 visual, audio and touch hallucinations. The most common one is auditory of someone crying, she thinks it's her son that's in her parents custody. She is often damaging parts of the house in order to find him. Her reactions to looking at my or other people's faces sometimes are as if our heads have split down the middle and we are still talking and acting normal so she is trying to act calm as if it's normal.

My room mate is suffering x100. Today in just the 6-8 hours I spent with her before my interview she encountered 100-150 visual, audio and touch hallucinations. The most common one is auditory of someone crying, she thinks it's her son that's in her parents custody. She is often damaging parts of the house in order to find him. Her reactions to looking at my or other people's faces sometimes are as if our heads have split down the middle and we are still talking and acting normal so she is trying to act calm as if it's normal.
I'm sorry to hear she's going through that. I've decided just going to keep going with my binge until I can't any longer, so I'm still experiencing some minor hallucinations, very LSD-like. Ringing in my ears, moving/wiggling text that's cycling between red green and blue in color, flowing textures like on acid, and a breathing perspective (kind of like looking through an expanding/contracting fisheye lens? Best way I can describe it), expending/movong shadows, etc. Occasionally see movement in my peripheral, and occasionally get a disco effect to the lighting in a room but only sometimes.

Also had a bout of paranoia earlier today after I got off work, which was very strange because I was on it all 8 hours of my shift and was actually in a great and sociable mood. Wasn't until after that I got paranoid for some reason. It was also weird because I was fully aware I was just being paranoid and that I shouldn't worry.

She needs sleep, water, food and more sleep.
Do you have something like a benzo or quetiapine ?

I've decided just going to keep going with my binge until I can't any longer

For the sake of harm reduction, this is a bad idea. Take a break while it's still fun, rehydrate, sleep and eat and wait for a few weeks to give your body some rest

She needs sleep, water, food and more sleep.
Do you have something like a benzo or quetiapine ?
No benzos, only Kratom. I discovered that kratom + meth gives an effect similar to heroin/weed mixed. It is phenomenally sedating although can be kind of trippy (ringing ears, altered thought process, etc).