• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

New opioid, PZM21; pain killing without raising tolerance.

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
DOI: 10.1038/nature19112
BUn9Dp.jpg

SIQ9ow.jpg

XCPluM.jpg

V4Wdez.jpg

d8ThgS.jpg

jKdtQb.jpg

uo5t8x.jpg

yh6xSg.jpg

h0tyYT.jpg

ec3sdM.jpg

PtGvsz.jpg

j12NDi.jpg

QwK8WS.jpg

qWdx7E.jpg

oR0GxT.jpg

fgNoFK.jpg

w2370x.jpg

KsdcDb.jpg

oFGXBV.jpg

BrauOg.jpg

0LFwDA.jpg

R5E3In.jpg

uXV0Ub.jpg

1J2PAM.jpg

VdjqAL.jpg

Wow, almost looks like you could make 12 from methiopropamine (yeah wrong connectivity), meth (yeah the dimethyl) and ureum... =D
The urea group novelty is a nice twist anyway. What would making the urea amines (or one of them) tertiary do, what is the influence of that on the binding properties of the carbonyl and its intended function for H-bonding?

Am curious to see more about this Gi vs beta arrestin 2 pathways and effects in humans of biased MOR agonists.

Thnx

Last edited:
Somebody knows when this will be comercialized approx on a international level? It's quite interesting for who living with chronic pain and don't want back to opiates, like it's my case.

My question is, is the very last plate from the article a misprint? It says "N.D." is 'not determined', and "N.A." is no activity, but one of the "N.A."s (the important one, the beta arrestin recruitment ratio) is called "not determined", now, that would be some witty juggling in a paper that is trying to somehow insinuate a drug has no affect on arrestin when it does by omitting testing for it, but from what the article claims, it should say no activity.

My question is, is the very last plate from the article a misprint? It says "N.D." is 'not determined', and "N.A." is no activity, but one of the "N.A."s (the important one, the beta arrestin recruitment ratio) is called "not determined", now, that would be some witty juggling in a paper that is trying to somehow insinuate a drug has no affect on arrestin when it does by omitting testing for it, but from what the article claims, it should say no activity.

It isn't "not determined", check figure 3g and you will see the screening for beta arrestin recruitment and PZM-21 indeed showing no detectable effect. If the legenda for N.A and N.D isn't consistently 'no detectable activity' and 'not determined' respectively it would be a pretty big mindfuck.

"Yeah let's occasionally say no detectable activity with the reason being that we just didn't even measure it. Preferably when the subtitle compound is concerned."
- no one ever, let's hope.

"Yeah let's occasionally say no detectable activity with the reason being that we just didn't even measure it. Preferably when the subtitle compound is concerned."
- no one ever, let's hope.

lol

...still, either way, I found a misprint. My mother always told me I should be a proof-reader for a newspaper.

Bump... this one's still "in the pipeline," might come up again.