• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do Benzos do for you?

Well my favourite benzo Diazepam is good for stimulant comedowns, but I also use it when I'm randomly feeling anxious and feeling like I can't leave the house.

But Xanax I abused for two weeks, it rid me of all anxiety for sure but I was acting like a complete A** and I only know that from being told what things I said by other people - it screwed with my memory big time... those two weeks are a blur. But this was from abuse, it definitely stays true to its use - I swear the most anxious person in the world would have very little anxiety from taking it.

Good for comedowns from drugs like acid or meth...but only on the tail end, when the fun is mostly over and you just want to get some rest.

Otherwise they kind of suck IMHO. They don't ADD anything to a particular experience, they SUBTRACT...they just make you feel mentally and emotionally numb IME. I guess that's the appeal for some people though.

To each their own but I have no use for them anymore.

BTW, my comments are purely in regards to the potential recreational value of benzodiazepines, not their overall medicinal value. IMO they are very useful and safe medications which have helped many people, and I also think that their addictive potential, which admittedly exists, is frequently overstated

I cannot describe how much benzo's helped me as a person with GAD and panic attacks they changed my life and allowed me to function, its as if they end the vicious cycle of thoughts which cause my anxiety and stabilise me.

Qft

MAINLY to come off stims, otherwise just to chill. But mostly comedowns, and to chill, and to chill when coming down.

Make me do dumb shit, lucky not to get arrested (well I have been not recently) particularly Xanax. Etizolam I tend to act more rational (I don't do any gaba drugs anymore, including alcohol, except gabapentin which I'm not sure is a direct agonist.)

It's crazy but benzos and alcohol don't make me particularly tired. Opiates can at times but the only thing that prevents me from being up a few days is 50-100mg of Seroquel (which I dislike, feels shitty but I need to sleep.)

Higher doses either cause blackouts or make me too sleepy, it's pointless. I take therapeutic doses to treat my anxiety. Been using benzos for over 5 years and still use low doses. I take tolerance breaks when needed. Today I took only 1mg clonazepam and that's it. And that's just because it's the weekend otherwise I'd have only used 0.5mg honestly.

I got into benzos and abused them a bit last year in 2017 (forged prescription until I got caught and cautioned). Surprisingly, I didn't find them euphoric but "numbing" if you can understand that.

When I first used the legitimately obtained diazepam on a trip to America, I actually felt that things were going to be okay. Not the euphoric relaxation like codeine which I'd taken before but just that I could "move on" through life.

Interstingly, whenever my parents gave out to me for forging my school results, I didn't feel the violent rage that I'd felt beforehand all those years. It seems that apart from anxiety relief, benzos also "neutralize" emotions so that every event even hostile ones, depressing ones, and happy ones are on the same "level playing field" if you get what I'm saying.

That's probably why I didn't remember a lot about that time.