• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do Benzos do for you?

For aquaintances Ive known w/ addict' tendencies, gives em a faux sense of confidence, bravado...
then the honeymoon phase wares.

IDK why people claim benzos won't make you feel good. Especially when relating to someone who suffers from stress, anxiety or bothersome insomnia. Relieving these symptoms will make you feel better and that subjectively can be considered feeling good.

Just because it's doesn't release dopamine or seratonin does not mean it can't make you feel good. Give me a handful of 10 mg diazepam and after popping those I am definitely feeling pretty good.
Exactly. I'm never trying to get high from benzos, just trying to keep GAD at bay, and it seems to work. I.personally use Klonopin, b/c the 10+ years I used Xanax bars, they had a seriously detrimental effect on my coordination, not to mention blackouts, since they come on so quickly, as opposed to a more benign, longer acting benzos like Klonopin. For me, that was a God save! No bizarre blackouts, plus it's longer lasting.

Honestly I think they saved my life when I had panic disorder 6 years ago. The attacks were utterly disabling. I've suffered from episodic depression for almost 20 years as part of bipolar but panic disorder was the first time I truly understood what it meant to want to hit the big red quit button on life. Diazepam turned the intensity of general existence down enough that I was able to start getting a handle on things and make strides with therapy. Usually only 5mg, the most I've ever taken over the course of a day was 20mg. No euphoria as such but the feeling of that blanket of calm being laid over you, smothering out the sound of all your grey matter screaming at you from all the cortisol and adrenaline pumping...it's almost a kind of euphoria in its own right.

Hi all. So, I was just switched by my Dr. from Klonopin (1 mg 4xday) to Valium (5 mg 3xday). I was wondering, is this new dose comparable to what my Klonopin dose was, b/c it doesn't seem like it. I was switched b/c my Dr. understandably didn't want to add a muscle relaxer to benzos and Oxy. However, if this script doesn't work out, I have the option to returning to Klonopin in 6 weeks. Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all! :)

they stop me from experiencing anxiety and panic attacks, of which i have suffered my entire life.
i don't get much of a high' from them in the traditional sense; my pleasure derives from the absence of fear, perpetual worry and impending doom.

they're a medicine, they're the best medicine.

i get very hungry and food taste amazing in a way... and you can just keep on eating... i get relaxed and if i take one at night i will fall asleep literally 45 minutes later... the next morning also benzos make me feel foggy as fuck and kind of tired still... midway through the next day ill be like Damn this day went kind of fast...

I really have NO ANXIETY but I use xanax to sleep; ill take 1MG before bed along w/ 50 seroquel and be sleepy within an hour.

other than sleep, benzos never had any effect on me. this coming from an ex dope-fiend who used/abused them in dope days as well but barely got a feel aside just sleep. but hey, they help me out big time putting me to bed because ill get 1-2 hours if I am lucky w/o a xanax before bed; it also knocks me out while the seroquel keeps me asleep.

they relax me, take away fiending for other gaba goodies, make me a bit more talkative, and generally decrease my usual dysphoria

i do my best to not take them since they are undeniably dangerous with their addictive properties

opiates are more fun and accomplish the same goal(s).

Benzos make me feel normal. And happy.
That's a lot of clonazepam for someone with no tolerance.

they relax me, take away fiending for other gaba goodies, make me a bit more talkative, and generally decrease my usual dysphoria

i do my best to not take them since they are undeniably dangerous with their addictive properties

opiates are more fun and accomplish the same goal(s).
opiates are just as addictive, so be careful on both sides. you have 8k posts, so I am sure you know but just putting it out there, lol.

benzos very scary, too.

try Phenibut; its a GABA and works better than Gabapentin and you can order right online since its legal; great drug and always kill my urge to "use" any other things.

Hi all. So, I was just switched by my Dr. from Klonopin (1 mg 4xday) to Valium (5 mg 3xday). I was wondering, is this new dose comparable to what my Klonopin dose was, b/c it doesn't seem like it. I was switched b/c my Dr. understandably didn't want to add a muscle relaxer to benzos and Oxy. However, if this script doesn't work out, I have the option to returning to Klonopin in 6 weeks. Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all! :)
I'm sorry to bump this thread, but I'm still looking for an answer to this question. The Valium doesn't seem to hold a candle to the Klonopin. I have an opportunity to switch back to Klonopin, but that won't be for a couple of weeks or so. Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! ?

ease comedowns
kill bad trips
ease over-stimulation
take me through travelling
make me eat a lot