Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Pregabaline 450mg + alprazolam 1.5mg) cure for severe sepressive episode

Memantine

Bluelighter
Yesterday I was very depressed. And as a result I got into a fight with my GF. I felt horrible. Also I had 0 energy and all I wanted to do was laying in my bed all day long. Lately I have been putting myself to sleep with all sorts of downers like: codeïne, clonidine, cyproheptadine or doxylamine. Mostly because I'm chronically stressed out, depressed and I hardly get any sleep when I'm sober. I have been using drugs since I was a kid in highschool so I guess I'm experienced. I am 22 years old now.

So I decided to take 450mg pregabaline along with 1.5mg alprazolam. My tolerance is somewhat low for these substances.

(T+hours)

T+0: I took 450mg pregabaline.
t+1.5: Started to feel intoxicated. Stumbling around and vision is a bit blurry.
T+3: Took 1.5mg alprazolam. I feel very nice and high because of the pregabaline already.
T+4: I feel like I'm on XTC. Very euphoric and careless. I talked everything out (is this even english?) with my GF and I was so happy.
T+5: I was horny and did some stuff with my GF=D
T>5: At last I fell asleep very early. I remember having strong CEV's. I was seeing very colorfull patterns and buildings like there was a big fantasy world behind my eyelids.

The next day: I am still in a very positive mood. Also I am a bit clumpsy so I guess I am not a 100% sober yet.

Conclusion: I think that pregabaline with a low dose of a benzo is capable of getting me out of a severe depressive episode. I'm still feeling good after the drugs have worn off.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_pregabalin
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_alprazolam
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I do recommend pregabaline ... it did wonders for me for about a year and then acted more subtly for another year or so and now I recently quit because I just want to reset and hopefully live without it, see what my options are.
But leave out the benzos if possible.

Pregabaline also works therapeutically and less debilitating if you take a lower dose and spread it over the day, that great feeling is the 'magic' that will eventually stop although as an anxiolytic it should keep working.

Not telling you what your business is, but a lower dose and without the benzo it should also be quite anxiolytic (it was for me I mean), so I'd make sure if that's sufficient for you as you will likely see better results. GABAergics are not good for depression or sleep on the longer run. For me pregabalin helps with sleeping but I wake up relatively fresh as well, I wake up more groggy with benzos.

I know the higher dose faded-feeling and bliss, but at lower doses used functionally it was much better for my mood because the 'magic' made me functional and sort of hypomanic since things were just going well. Don't ruin it by taking high doses and finishing the honeymoon quicker while being too vague and intoxicated to really help your life. But yeah at lower doses it also makes you clumsy, that is normal... prepare to always seem a little drunk ;p

Then again, it's best to get a script under supervision - as always... so hopefully that can be considered.