Evaluation of healing potential of ayahuasca (study from an independent institute)

rabbitholemark

Greenlighter
Our institute is conducting one of the first studies that is comparing the healing potential of conventional psychotherapy and ayahuasca.

The preliminary results are promising and will hopefully be used as a part of scientific evidence needed to legalize the therapeutic use of ayahuasca and associated method of psychedelic psychotherapy.

We have officially started the research in September 2015 and will finish it by the end of 2016. There will be minimum of 40 participants included in the study, in which we are using semi structured interviews and CORE outcome questionnaires to evaluate the effects of ayahuasca on psychopathology and general well being of the participants.

At this stage, we really need your help!
We are a small independent institute, depending solely on external contributors and we need your help and support, which will help us cover our on-going research and publication costs.

To learn more about our study or what you can do to support this study, please visit our Indigogo campaign page or our website.

Also, if you should have any comments or questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to reply. Thank you!

Im about to be partaking in 5 ahauasca ceremonies. First in 6 days. i'm 9 days off opiates. What should i expect?

Hi rabbitholemark, I would like to know whether your post is a request for participants or for donations to your study? Thanks!

Im about to be partaking in 5 ahauasca ceremonies. First in 6 days. i'm 9 days off opiates. What should i expect?

Dr Pepper,

Where will you be partaking in the ceremonies? In the native environment such as Peru or somewhere in the West? Do you have any prior experience with psychedelics?

My general advice would be to be really consistent with the ayahuasca diet at least 3 days prior to your first session (or longer if you're able to) and to start mentally and spiritually preparing for it now.

Mostly by evaluating why are you doing this and what your deepest intention is. Then try to really hold that in your mind and connect with your deepest source strength - be that God, your higher Self, Universe, ancestors, or what ever you find dear.

Also try to keep that intention firm throughout the ceremonies and trust and surrender to the wisdom the medicine.

Also since you'll be partaking in 5 ceremonies, I would advise you to start slow, and build up your dosage throughout the ceremonies and talk to the guides before your first ceremony and share any concerns or questions you might have.

Good luck!

Hi rabbitholemark, I would like to know whether your post is a request for participants or for donations to your study? Thanks!

Hi toscablue. At this stage we are not looking for any additional participants, so this post was a request for donations.