"You may only post 1 messages every 180 minutes."

ChodeMastaFlex

Bluelighter
"You may only post 1 private message every 180 minutes."

See title. I was engaged in a PM conversation with another user, and now when I go to reply I get the message "You may only post 1 messages every 180 minutes."

Is this a joke or something? I cannot fathom any reason users should be limited to 1 PM every 3 hours, this is the first forum in my 10 years of internetting with such an arbitrary policy.

Last edited:
It is not a joke and it is because you have the status of Greenlighter (under 50 posts). Make 50 posts around the site, become a 'Bluelighter' and pm as much as you like.

The reason is pretty simple - Due to the nature of the site, the restriction is to stop new users simply flooding members with sourcing requests.

I cannot fathom any reason why this would be an issue - or what would be that 'private' that a new user would be unable to post onsite.

Would you care to explain how this restriction caused you such a problem ?

^ indeed.

chodemastaflex, the limit is not arbitrary - a decision was made. many troublemakers and dealers use bluelight to sell drugs. they do it via the pm system so we limit greenlighters to 1 pm every 180 mins to slow them down. it's usually enough to dissuade people who are only here to buy and sell drugs. the restriction is lifted when you become a bluelighter (50 posts).

bluelight is run entirely by a volunteer staff and we fight a constant battle against spammers, trolls and other troublemakers. we have procedures like this in place to slow those people down at the registration and new-user steps.

inevitably that's going to create a slight inconvenience for some regular users like yourself and that's a price we're quite willing to pay.

regards

alasdair

What is considered a 'post?' New thread or comments?
I don't care much about PM but have followed blue light for years and finally joined.
Page is exceptional. Thank you for all the work you do.
Also, can I edit my profile?
Forgive hijacking this. I was searching the difference between greenlight and this game up.