Amphetamine for energy while working out

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
Sorry if this is completely self-evident or heavily discussed in other threads, I just couldn't find an answer to this particular question.

Is amphetamine (In any form, Dextroamphetamine, Racemic, Adderall, Methyl, D-Methyl, etc.) useful for energy while working out? I find that when taking anywhere from 40-65mg Adderall form or 30-45mg Dextroamphetamine just gives me such copious amounts of sweat when working out, and I don't even feel as if I'm working anywhere near as hard as I can be, I just feel like if I work any harder I risk heart problems. I usually barely even sweat when working out, that's why this bothers me (and still find myself getting stronger, so I know what I do works for me).

Does amphetamine (any form) work at low doses, say, 15mg Adderall, for reducing fatigue and increasing motivation to work out without the side effect of sweating balls and looking like a complete out of shape weakling in the middle of the gym (I work out with a baggy, longer shirt because of issues in the past with my body image, I'm moderately fit and for my age group I'm more fit than most).

Thanks in advance, I'm new here xP

I would be mindful of increased blood pressure/heart rate/temperature from the amphetamines. If you're young and fit it's probably less of a worry but it's definitely not without risk.

Yes obviously it will boost 'energy' levels (by raising adrenaline and dopamine effect). But if it causes so many negative side effects, why on earth are you considering using it? You don't need a stimulant, even caffeine, to train, and it sounds like you'd do better without one.

Yes obviously it will boost 'energy' levels (by raising adrenaline and dopamine effect). But if it causes so many negative side effects, why on earth are you considering using it? You don't need a stimulant, even caffeine, to train, and it sounds like you'd do better without one.

I don't need a stim to train, yes, but I believe that on stims I will train harder and be able to work out for longer periods of time because fatigue is not an issue any longer. Caffeine is my 2nd choice for stimulants, ~250mg and some beta alanine right before a hard workout and it's like taking a low dose of amphetamine, in regards to fatigue. That combo does NOT improve mood, maybe even indirectly worsens it due to my adversity to high levels of hormones surging through my body after a hard workout.

fatigue is not an issue any longer

Fatigue is always an issue with prolonged exertion; consuming drugs just makes it easier to ignore the early signs of overexertion. Amphetamine use will raise core temperature via vasoconstriction at the skin's surface, which naturally means you are at a higher risk for heat stroke. In severe cases people have stressed themselves exercising on amps to the point of collapse, even heart failure/death, so if you take amps regularly to work out stuff like dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, and possible rhabdomyolysis will be a more frequent problem.

Besides, amphetamines have been shown time and time again to be mostly effective in increasing motivation (and perceived effort) rather than actually increasing stamina or intelligence - they actually do not have consistent effects in terms of increasing peak exercise performance (measured objectively).

Amphetamine puts you in fight or flight mode like nothing else I found. When I weightlift on just amphetamine, basically I find I can really focus on my form and lift well for maybe 30 minutes, and then will be really unable to lift more. I can't lift as much as I normally do, but I can do more repetitions. I think it basically just makes working out less efficient and harder, so your body has to work harder to accomplish less result then you would if you worked out without it. The goal of weightlifting is to train your muscles to lift more weight efficiently, and amphetamine goes the other way, less weight with more frequency.

I haven't worked out on meth for a few years, but from what I remember when I used it,
Working out on meth, I always end up pulling something and end up having some feeling like I pulled a muscle, pinched a nerve, or have a injured joint for a few days after. Meth doesn't really give you a mind-body muscle focus like amphetamine does. It just makes you really hyper and normal feeling, almost kind of detached from your body especially if you are looking at yourself lifting weights in a mirror at the gym.

I tried working out on T3 (thyroid hormone) vs 10-20mg d-amphetamine+t3 while on a test cycle, and I can say that t3 has way more value then d-amphetamine for working out. d-amphetamine by itself is crap for working out compared to t3 by itself or t3 plus d-amphetamine.

D-amphetamine is just a highly addictive drug... lol. In reality its really bad for digestion (fight or flight adrenaline rush blood goes away from digestive tract) , and yea it can keep you basically 'lower fat' then most other people, but you will also have flatter muscles since its so catabolic.

Wait, is T3 synthroid? Levothyroidoxine? I have a supply of that, but I was told by medical sources that taking it when not hypo causes nothing other than side effects and the T3 isn't even converted to T4 because the enzymes are only capable of handling the correct amount of T3.

So if i use T3 regularly (50mg/day?), will it increase energy? Reduce fatigue? I knkw it stimulatea hunger, so does it also stimulate protien synthesis?

Thanks for telling me this, I came very close to actuay dumping my T3 stash a while ago but decided to hold on to it in case something came up that i could use it for. Hopefully you have that something!

I absolutely hate working out on any stimulant, other than coffee. The secret to a good workout is staying zen and in the zone. Controlled stimulation.

I thought it would be awesome too, but nope. I just get buzzed recreationally, a reward for busting your ass in the gym.

T4 is what gets converted into T3. T3 is the cash money, T4 is like the prohormone to T3. T4 has its own effects as well, but in my experience T3 basically gives you energy, a clean and happy mood, and is more useful to take preworkout.

I have T4 pills 150mcg and T3 pills 25mcg that I got from a pharmacy in some other country online.
If I take a t3 pill preworkout, my mind-muscle connection is amazing and I can really focus on what muscle I am working out. If I take a t4 pill preworkout without any t3, I'll get muscle cramps and dehydrated.

From my experience, you do need to take T4 to feel 'normal' and 'like yourself' if you take thyroid hormones for an extended period of time. T4 has a half life of a week, while T3 has a half life of 1 day. Also T4 gets converted to T3 eventually and has its own metabolic effects as well. T4 makes me more prone to feel all edgy wired and emotionless while T3 is more prone to feel relaxing and happy.

Your results from working out with it depend on how many carbs, protien, and overall calories you are eating. Its really easy to lose weight with it including muscle, but if you are hypothyroid then 50mcg is probably fine without steroids. I have read that some people with really bad thyroid take over 100mcg of t3 per day.

So if i use T3 regularly (50mg/day?), will it increase energy? Reduce fatigue? I knkw it stimulatea hunger, so does it also stimulate protien synthesis?

If you take 50mg T3 per day, you're going to suppress your own thyroid output - thyroid hormones adhere to a classic homeostatic system.

If you want to learn about T3, I suggest you read all of >>this<< short article to start with.

it would work yeah cause of the energy and euphoria aspect, but DONT DO IT. You will overexert yourself and it can fuck with your heart.

yeah. it's good for working out, but it's better for studying to be honest. but I used it for something else.

If you need amphetamine to "have the energy" to work out, then you're just burning the candle at both ends. Why bother exercising in this detrimental fashion? The point of working out is to get healthier not burn out your hormones and neurons.

If you need amphetamine to "have the energy" to work out, then you're just burning the candle at both ends. Why bother exercising in this detrimental fashion? The point of working out is to get healthier not burn out your hormones and neurons.

DON'T DO IT!

I've been training with performance enhancing drugs for years and i can tell you that amphetamine has no place in working out. If you want a good pre workout stimulant try ephedrine but it cant be run for too long and even that has its risks. But far less than using such a potent stimulant like amphetamine for working out.

The whole idea to working out is to increase overall health and look good. Not to look good and be on the verge of collapsing from a low bp and strained risk on the heart.

Your body is deprived of iodine, try it.. & drop everything else .."enhancing". .. or sodium bicarbonate for higher O2

(Sorry if double posting, Finally got Mobile figured out)

Amphetamine comedowns make you miserable/irritable and mess with your energy if you've been going all out, You'll feel it the next day. Exerting yourself more than you're used to or can handle can be bad for your heart especially with amphetamines in your system as well, It causes high blood pressure and heart rate, It also can elevate cortisol levels in the end which is detrimental to muscle gains. All in all I'd say a big a glass of sugary chocolate milk, Upping fat for hormonal levels, Just not amphetamines.

Adderall doesn't help much for me, and even causes my muscles to be quite sore. I don't do well on caffeine while working out either, though. The best thing if I need to push myself more is ginseng. It keeps me motivated, even if I feel bad beforehand. Great for running, especially. Dark chocolate is great, too.

How are you not banned yet?

He must have a thing for iodine deficiencies ;) To be fair, many people may well be mildly iodine deficient nowadays, as consumption of the biggest source (salt/iodised salt) is falling quite rapidly. However most bodybuilders are unlikely to be deficient since they consume tons of eggs and dairy, which are two of the biggest natural sources.