Amphetamine for energy while working out

He must have a thing for iodine deficiencies ;) To be fair, many people may well be mildly iodine deficient nowadays, as consumption of the biggest source (salt/iodised salt) is falling quite rapidly. However most bodybuilders are unlikely to be deficient since they consume tons of eggs and dairy, which are two of the biggest natural sources.

His other 3 posts were him spamming the use of iodine, but I guess he's not trying to push any specific products and possibly just very passionate about iodine use lol.

Cup of joe, some mindfulness & I'm set. Wouldn't recommend any stim for endurance-type activities. You might feel more jazzed from the gun, but you'll likely jack your HR & burn out prematurely.

^ Ya, I have been using coffee as a pre lately. The only downside is if you're training legs and the coffee has you needing to piss and/or shit repeatedly. Which can get ugly if you don't want to lose your squat rack....

But the way I see it with stimulants is pretty rational:

A) Adding it into my pre-workout works. I will then want to use it every workout. Taking a harder stimulant every day will start to cause problems. Therefore, I should not take it.

B) Adding it into my pre-workout does not work. Therefore, I should not take it.

This is a serious question, for any of you guys who are prescribed amphetamines. Ive only lifted a few times while I was on them, but im going to have to do it all the time now. I always get real good workouts, good pumps, and my energy stays high. Are there any major concerns though?

This is a serious question, for any of you guys who are prescribed amphetamines. Ive only lifted a few times while I was on them, but im going to have to do it all the time now. I always get real good workouts, good pumps, and my energy stays high. Are there any major concerns though?

You should read through this thread.. There are numerous serious health implications, especially to the cardiovascular system, such as hypertension/stroke etc..

DON'T DO IT!

I've been training with performance enhancing drugs for years and i can tell you that amphetamine has no place in working out. If you want a good pre workout stimulant try ephedrine but it cant be run for too long and even that has its risks. But far less than using such a potent stimulant like amphetamine for working out.

The whole idea to working out is to increase overall health and look good. Not to look good and be on the verge of collapsing from a low bp and strained risk on the heart.

I always thought that ephedrine was an amphetamine also and that it carried the same risks on the cardiovascular system as similar chemicals (ignoring duration). I think that the best suggestion is to limit cardiovascular activity while on stimulants and accept the fact that adrenaline and other stimulants (exogenous) are bad for the heart when you overexert yourself.

I've never understood why on Earth anyone in their right mind would want to get amped or tweaked and go work out....dude it is like every signal imaginable in your brain body is telling you to "take it easy" especially being jacked on meth....I cannot recall how many times I've had to cool off while being tweaked with a cold washcloth or (hopefully) an AC'ed room.

It feels so good to be exposed to cold on amps. Just having to go to work and do hard physical manual labor while being up all night and still tweaked fills many a nightmarish memory in my experience.

If you're going to get stimmed, you need to chill and keep your pulse down and stay cool and hydrated.....

I always find myself having a job that works so many muscle groups that I don't have to worry too much about working out. Right now I am for as fuck doing janitorial work and before I was lifting windows and doors daily (try and do THAT shit after not sleeping all night and geeked outta your mind!!)

Right before I went to rehab in May I couldn't believe I was able to dead lift a heavy ass fucking solid wood door onto the back of a pickup truck bed by myself.....never know my own strength.

Anyway, yadda yadda yadda point is man don't take stims and workout, if anything work out then take stims after but even that is dumb bc then you won't be able to rest.

This is me - I've got an adderall script. I often land doses pre workout because obviously it does improve their quality, focus, mind muscle contraction, etc but do not always do so.

I haven't had any issues and have been prescribed for about 3 years. One of the major points here I think to consider is if the medication is actually treating a medical condition.

I take adderall and it isn't like when my friends take adderall. My heart rate and blood pressure barely move or don't move at all, I generally get more chilled out, I don't crash from it, and it improves my sleep quality. Hell, there was a point when my doc first started me on higher doses that I was getting knocked out and going to sleep. This is much different than someone who takes it and is stimmed out for a day or two which definitely how most of my college friends are/were.

Terrible idea unless you want to get hurt. You will have increased blood pressure, vasoconstriction and dehydration. Your stamina may go down and you might not be able to get that last rep in with good form.

Just drink some caffeine, take some creatine, beta alanine, a protein shake and work out. And bring a gallon of water with you to the gym. Perhaps a carb supplement to sip on while lifting. I don't know what your goals are. I hope you are lifting barbells and not using machines. I only like the tricep machine and cable row thats about it.

Also, there are days where you should train without any stimulants or supplements or any music. Mix it up. IMO Powerlifting > bodybuilding

Lol someone didn't read my post. I'm not recommending amphetamines to train per se but none of those symptoms are guaranteed either

Sounds like you just want someone to tell you its ok to work out on amphetamines.

Ventrusli

I was a keen amatuer cyclist back when I was younger as my mum and dad had a Cycling Club and used to run time trial events, about 10-15 a year for upwards of 10 years.
My brother was one of the best in the Country, held National records and is now a professional Cycling Coach/mentor to younger, up and coming ones.
( http://www.sports-lab.co.uk/ )

Anyway, so I would occasionally experiment with amphetamine assisted cycle training,
Usually I would just do a couple of hours and that would be plenty for the day,
If I took a gram of amphetamine though early in the morning, I would set off on a Cycle ride up the Coast,and would be out `getting the miles in` from dusk till dawn,
(you simply do not think of or feel fatigue)
This made many awerage cycle racists into very,very good ones.
This is why Chris Boardman (though the World hour record holder for decades) was only ever `average` once he turned professional,
Boardman was known on the professional circuit asthe only clean rider in the peleton !!!!!

=D:D:!:eek::|:(

Sounds like you just want someone to tell you its ok to work out on amphetamines.

No, my doctor already did so I have no need for that. I am saying, however, that you can't blanket statement the effects of a drug over every single person who takes it because adderall has the exact opposite effect on me as compared to my friends in almost every instance

No, my doctor already did so I have no need for that. I am saying, however, that you can't blanket statement the effects of a drug over every single person who takes it because adderall has the exact opposite effect on me as compared to my friends in almost every instance

Yeah, I have ADHD, and low doses of most stimulants put me to sleep pretty deeply.

Yeah, I have ADHD, and low doses of most stimulants put me to sleep pretty deeply.

Yeah my doctor was kinda mind blown when I first started the scripts and told him that. Crazy how different genetics can vary from person to person

^ It slightly annoys me that they're still unaware of the paradoxical effects. Some now script patients a dose specifically for bedtime to ensure a good night's sleep. I used to use ritalin for that purpose, nothing has ever worked as well for sleep for me.

^ It slightly annoys me that they're still unaware of the paradoxical effects. Some now script patients a dose specifically for bedtime to ensure a good night's sleep. I used to use ritalin for that purpose, nothing has ever worked as well for sleep for me.

Same actually haha. It was the only way I could get half way decent sleep at one point. Now I also use pregenolone to address some cortisol imbalances I had so I can't take the adderall right before bed anymore but it helps if I take a dose later in the day which happens to improve training quality as well so it's a win-win.

Complete side note, have you ever used cocaine and how did it effect you? I haven't run into an enormous amount of people that have similar reactions to adderall as me and was just having a discussion last night about the fact that I don't get high off coke. Figured the two were closely related but was interested if anyone experienced something similar

Complete side note, have you ever used cocaine and how did it effect you? I haven't run into an enormous amount of people that have similar reactions to adderall as me and was just having a discussion last night about the fact that I don't get high off coke. Figured the two were closely related but was interested if anyone experienced something similar

Yeah you asked me this in your Other Drugs thread a while back. No, I don't get 'high' from any of the stimulants I've ever tried really. No euphoria or anything like that. No crazy atypical behaviour. I still like them though, they still put me in a good mood, still make me more sociable and crave social contact more.

Yeah you asked me this in your Other Drugs thread a while back. No, I don't get 'high' from any of the stimulants I've ever tried really. No euphoria or anything like that. No crazy atypical behaviour. I still like them though, they still put me in a good mood, still make me more sociable and crave social contact more.

I thought I may have and couldn't remember. Guess I feel like I'm missing out a tad but not too mad haha.

As far as training, DMAA or DMHA have been the best things in terms of stimulation for me and increase mind muscle connection a lot. Would definitely recommend those, OP, as alternators to stuff like amphetamines

I knew a guy with severe adhd who when he smoked Crack would get calm and relaxed. Makes sense as methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta) acts in a very similar manner to cocaine.