Amphetamine for energy while working out

You should read through this thread.. There are numerous serious health implications, especially to the cardiovascular system, such as hypertension/stroke etc..

Unless there's a clinically significant interaction effect between an adverse drug effect of amphetamine and an associated adverse health effect of resistance exercise, that's simply not true.
The prescription of amphetamine to individuals with a structural heart defect is an absolute contraindication for that drug (i.e., a doctor should never prescribe amphetamine to an individual with a heart defect). For healthy individuals without structural defects, two USFDA-commissioned studies with massive sample sizes (n1=1,200,000; n2=440,000) found that the incidence of stroke, heart attacks, and cardiac arrest does not differ between individuals of any age who use amphetamine at clinically-relevant doses and the rest of the population. Moreover, resistance exercise is not a contraindication of amphetamine use according to any national drug regulatory agency or intergovernmental chemical safety agency, so advising people not to engage in resistance exercise while using therapeutic doses of amphetamine is just blatant quackery.

Given that the blood pressure response during resistance exercise is much, much more pronounced than the effect of amphetamine on blood pressure, I'd suspect that the relative risk of a experiencing a hemorrhagic stroke would be higher from performing resistance exercise than taking a clinical dose of amphetamine; however, that would likely only be a potential risk for individuals who suffer from chronic high blood pressure (i.e., individuals who have been diagnosed with hypertension).

That said, there are definitely major concerns associated with concurrent use of amphetamine or other psychostimulants at high/recreational doses and performance of resistance exercise; this is because there is a serious risk of adverse cardiovascular events at very high amphetamine doses, in addition to other overdose symptoms such as rhabdomyolysis and hyperpyrexia, which would likely be exacerbated by resistance exercise.

With respect to the increase in perspiration mentioned by some people in this thread, all amphetamine does to produce this effect at clinical doses is raise the core temperature limit, and I want to again re-emphasize the word "limit" in that statement. Amphetamine doesn't cause an increase in body temperature at clinical doses, but it does allow core body temperature to rise higher than it normally would when physiological conditions (e.g., hot weather, exercise, etc.) would cause it to elevate above the thermoregulatory/homeostatic "set point" of ~37 degrees Celsius or ~99 degrees Fahrenheit. The clinical significance of this drug effect in relation to exercise is that it allows an individual to sustain a higher power output at a fixed level of perceived exertion (i.e., power output increases at fixed levels of perceived effort when an individual is under the effect of amphetamine). Due to the fact that this is primarily a dopaminergic effect in the CNS and the effect of amphetamine on dopamine efflux is most pronounced shortly after administration of immediate-release formulations, the effect of amphetamine on power output and body temperature is likely to be most pronounced during the first hour after ingestion of an oral dosage form.

For further information on what I've mentioned above, I would suggest reading the references that cite the relevant statements in the following sections of this article:
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine#Physical_performance <-- Very relevant to this thread
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine#Contraindications
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine#Physical <-- Very relevant to this thread
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine#Overdose

Last edited:
This comment is mostly directed at the people in this thread who mentioned that amphetamine use reduced their maximal power output during resistance exercise (e.g., reduced the maximum load one can lift), but it's applicable to anyone who experiences any musculoskeletal side effects while on amphetamine: supplemental magnesium should resolve that problem. That reduction in power output is very likely due to drug-induced muscle tension/cramps, which is a potential side effect of amphetamine at clinical doses.

His other 3 posts were him spamming the use of iodine, but I guess he's not trying to push any specific products and possibly just very passionate about iodine use lol.

I remember reading posts by a guy on the misc forum who was the same but with vitamin c...

Cancer, AIDS, loss of libido, baldness, colds, flu, lost your car keys....all problems in the world medical or not can be solved with copious addition (20+g per day) of vitamin c...

Turns out "vitCprick" as he was non affectionately called, had a company selling vit c supplements lol :)

So not the thread for heavy meth users wondering whether high-altitude mountain hikes are a good idea?

A mile in to an epic charge up the mountain I realized, though it was fuckin amazing, something was probably going to explode if I kept going. I'm hoping that's not true, cause I'd love to do it again, all the way.

(fwiw it makes me calm too, and puts me to sleep if I've been up for over 48 hours, no ADD involved; also don't get much rush)

So not the thread for heavy meth users wondering whether high-altitude mountain hikes are a good idea?

A mile in to an epic charge up the mountain I realized, though it was fuckin amazing, something was probably going to explode if I kept going. I'm hoping that's not true, cause I'd love to do it again, all the way.

(fwiw it makes me calm too, and puts me to sleep if I've been up for over 48 hours, no ADD involved; also don't get much rush)

I genuinely think meth combined with a leg workout if German Volume Training would be an effective means of suicide :)

I genuinely think meth combined with a leg workout if German Volume Training would be an effective means of suicide :)

I tried the 10x10 with squats and thought I was gonna die without stims. Heart was pounding so hard and fast.

I tried the 10x10 with squats and thought I was gonna die without stims. Heart was pounding so hard and fast.

Lol ..yeah...you get to about your 5th or 6th set and your mind is flooded with 100 possible excuses why you didn't want to do all 10...just got to push past that. Strange phenomena though (and everyone who does it says this) when you get to about your 8th or 9th set, you get a sort of temporary neural adaptation and it suddenly becomes slightly easier...it's wierd..

Likeb your reps might go...

10,10,10,10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 9, 9

You're just a young pup though. In your prime. Should be no problem for you....wait until you get to your mid 40s...then try it lol :) :) :)

Lol ..yeah...you get to about your 5th or 6th set and your mind is flooded with 100 possible excuses why you didn't want to do all 10...just got to push past that. Strange phenomena though (and everyone who does it says this) when you get to about your 8th or 9th set, you get a sort of temporary neural adaptation and it suddenly becomes slightly easier...it's wierd..

Likeb your reps might go...

10,10,10,10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 9, 9

You're just a young pup though. In your prime. Should be no problem for you....wait until you get to your mid 40s...then try it lol :) :) :)

Lol I do it on leg press pretty regularly. Whenever I get big jumps in strength going from a cruise to blast or introducing orals I try to do this style of training for certain exercises to make use of the strength burst but not risk injury piling on weight too quickly. Stupid pumps sometimes too, especially lower back pumps lol

Are you guys using GVT primarily for mass or strength goals? I know that my squat increases best when I do something like a 3x3 four times per week. I tried Smolov last year prepping for a meet and though it did help my bench, it did nothing better for my squat than what I mentioned above. But tired of squatting twice my bodyweight on chicken legs and I might try stuff like this soon if it will build mass.

Gvt I use as a finisher on occasion after progressive overload movement. So for legs I'll do a very light warmup of like 135lbs for squatting and do like 2 sets of 12. Throw on 305 and try to get my 8 reps in which will gas the hell out of me. Bring it down to 275 and do like 10-12. Then 225 for 10. Rest up for like 5 min then head over to leg press and try for 10x10. Usually weight is between 500-600 for first 4 sets which destroys my legs. Then if I'm still good to go then 400-500 for the last few sets. After that I can barely walk. I use a mix of PO and kinda gvt to hit all the muscle fibers and hit complete failure. Usually my leg extensions and curls I can't get more than 70lbs for reps after that.

Are you guys using GVT primarily for mass or strength goals? I know that my squat increases best when I do something like a 3x3 four times per week. I tried Smolov last year prepping for a meet and though it did help my bench, it did nothing better for my squat than what I mentioned above. But tired of squatting twice my bodyweight on chicken legs and I might try stuff like this soon if it will build mass.

Mass (hypertrophy). It's not ideal for strength but builds muscle like no other IMO.

The idea is to pick a weight and not change it...You might not get 10x10 first time but keep going until you do...the weight will feel very light first few sets but 60-90 seconds rest in between sets and it gets heavy quick..It builds muscle by means of shocking your nervous system supposedly. There's loads of good articles if you Google it

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.te...g-best-training-regime-increasing-muscle/amp/

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/advanced-german-volume-training

Last edited:
As a pre workout, about 200mcg Huperzine A should provide significant increase in mental focus and physical strength. Aw also better learning ability, but you probably won't test that when lifting.
It is a reversible acetylcholinesterase inhibitor.
Should be cycled like 2 weeks on and 1 off.
Will also slightly boost natural GH output, and potentiate the effects of ghrelin mimetics and GHRH.