Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Poppy Seed Tea/ 300 grams (seed weight)/ First time, Pleasently Surprised

BoastfulAbyss

Greenlighter
Poppy Seed Tea - 300 grams (seed weight) - First Time - Pleasantly Surprised

First off a little background about myself. Male, 30 years old, 185 lbs. Ive been using various opioids off and on for a little over 12 years, both prescribed and not. Im going to make this short and to the point.

The past few months I've been maintaining on kratom at doses far exceeding what i would consider modest. Around 40-50 grams spaced around 4 doses per day. Although I would consider my tolerance low in comparison to my previous habits, the tolerance is there none the less.

With the legality of kratom coming into question as of recent, I decided to start looking for other viable options to maintain that opioid glow that I've relied on for the better part of the decade.

My search led me to experiment with poppy seed tea. I have always known about it but wrote it off as placebo or unreliable. Little did i know that my preconcieved notions would soon be flipped around in favor of the brew.

After much research, I sourced reliable high quality unwashed seeds and pinpointed the best method.

Now onto the tea...

Earlier in the morning I took my normal kratom dose but did not dose again in anticipation for the seeds arrival in the mail.

About 6 hours after the kratom i began the preparation. The starting dose would be 300 grams of seed (a little over 2 cups)

The method...

300 grams of seed were funneled into a half gallon jug, which I squeezed the juice of two lemons on top of.

Next i filled about one inch above the seeds with room temperature water and set the timer for 15 minutes...and shook and shook and shook.

After agitating the seed for the set amount of time i strained into a measuring cup, which yielded exactly two cups of a murky bitter yellow liquid.

Nothing was eaten for 6 hours prior to ingestion. I began with 1/2 cup or 1/4 of the total brew.

T+20min: nothing more than excited nerves from anticipation. I drank another 1/2 cup worth of the brew

T+45min: Half of the total brew has now been ingested. Im beginning to feel that familiar itch in my face. I keep rubbing my nose and know that it is coming now... I drink another 1/2 cup.

T+85min: I finish the rest of the brew. Wow all i can say is wow. Im glad i started low. A full blown opiate ride is kicking into 3rd gear. I feel as if I've taken 40-50 mg of hydrocodone. These seeds must have been covered in residue with a high alkaloid content. I am now a believer in the brew.

Its now made very clear to me why this is such a hit or miss and the overdose potential is a gamble. I must have been lucky in my research at sourcing the most reliable seeds in the past few months.

There is also a little shakiness and muscle twitch that i experience on high doses of oxycodone which i presume is due to a high thebaine content.

Please excuse any error in the post and the breif nature of the detail in my experience. I just felt compelled to share my dose and size as a warning to others who do not expect much from poppy seed tea and get hit with full effect. Always start low and gauge your bodys response.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_poppyseedtea
substancecode_poppytea
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful PST withdrawals are a bitch and can be a long lasting one at that. I was a daily kratom user and starting using PST on top of my kratom. I would either do kratom in the morning for work and PST in the evening or use the both together in the evening. I was forced to stop when the organic food store here stopped carrying them. They carry them again but cost 2.5x more. :(

That seems to be the general consensus about the withdrawal. I should probably just taper my kratom and jump off before I start barking up that tree again

Update:

It has been well over 24 hours since my last dose of kratom and around 18 hours since I last drank the tea.

The previous night, the high from the tea continued to produce effect well after i nodded asleep. I woke up with lingering effects, still itchy and not in withdrawal.

I normaly start to notice withdrawal from kratom about 12 hours after my last dose. The seed tea has produced effects similar in length to methadone or buprenorphine.

I am now preparing a second batch of tea. This time the dose will be 3 cups of seed or approximately a little under 1lb. Prepared using the same method.

Digging from the bottom of the seed bag this time produced a lot more plant and powdery matter which I assume is pod material.

The tea is significantly darker and more bitter tasting than the first brew. Seeing as I tolerated the first brew just fine, I will be increasing the dose. Ive procured the same amount of liquid as the first attempt (2 cups), only this time the tea should have approximately 50 percent more alkaloids.

I will be drinking at the same rate of 1/2 cup increments and report results.

T+25min:
The first 1/2 cup is down. Like the first time, no effects that i can differentiate from placebo. I have a slight headache. (Possibly the hangover effect that seems to be a common occurrence amongst seed tea drinkers.)

(Also noted, I have not performed a second rinse of the seeds on either of the trials, as to keep variables consistent. They are fresh seeds from the same batch)

T+35min:
A slight wave of euphoria is beginning to wash over. I feel that familiar motivation energized to take on the day. Its a body high consistent with morphine. I am more aware of my breathing rate which is slowed. Pouring a second 1/2 cup.

T+40min:
When i got up to pour the second cup, I felt a warm wave wash over me. I will be drinking the second 1/2 cup very slowly as effects are much more pronounced than the first trial. (Also important to note that I haven't consumed any kratom today, which I hear has antagonist properties at the higher doses I was taking. Maybe some truth to that...maybe not. Just something to take into consideration.)

T+45min:
These are short intervals between reporting times, but the dose is continuing to creep up on me. Still have not touched the second glass. Seeing as I have no trip sitter or nalaxone on hand, I will be taking this very slowly. I cannot stress enough how pronounced and surprisingly strong these effects are. I remember reading a report of someone claiming to overdose on 1/2 lb of seeds, requiring multiple doses of nalaxone throughout the night. Once again I consider myself lucky to have found such a source for quality seeds and will be treating them with the caution and respect they deserve.

At this dose it feels like approximately 50 mg of hydrocodone with more of a heavy body high and sedation. Its hard to describe. Somewhere between methadone and hydrocodone. I know this is vague and isnt saying much but my mind is becoming a little clouded.

I will be stopping the report here, and will update should I decide to redose.

Second Update:
T+2:30hrs:
I ended up consuming 3 more half cups gauging my bodys response each time. Opiate effects are very pronounced, and very strong. Significant miosis, severe itching, slight dizziness and more disturbingly a noticable slowed breathing rate. Feels difficult to swallow at times, but I believe that I am so aware of this and it is more pronounced because I'm on a very vigilant look out for symptoms of overdose.

Other than that, the experience is very pleasurable and recreational.

Last edited: