• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

Watched a great movie over the weekend that will not be everyone's cup of tea -

Tyrannosaur - Joseph, a man plagued by violence and a rage that is driving him to self-destruction, earns a chance of redemption that appears in the form of Hannah, a Christian charity shop worker.

Really gritty and dark stuff about violence.

I would highly recommend watching it (be warned though it is about violence and rage).

Just watched "Thunder Road"

Fucking great movie. Can't believe I never came on it before now.

^Robert Mitchum - 1958 ? or is there a new version / different movie.

^Robert Mitchum - 1958 ? or is there a new version / different movie.

One and the same. Is James Franco a modern day Mitchum imitation?

Anyhow, I followed that up with another great car movie:

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry (1974)

In which Peter Fonda's Larry references Thunder Road and Mitchum.

Keeping on the car theme; this is class:

Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

One and the same. Is James Franco a modern day Mitchum imitation?

I hope/think not as I hate his acting in every movie he has done ! He is an awful actor - he brings nothing to any movie he is in.

Yeah, I'm mixing up my actors.

Jeremy Allen White from the US version of Shameless reminds me of him lately.

Saw Gimme Danger, Jim Jarmusch's film about the Stooges a couple of days ago - and i couldn't recommended enough, for those who are interested in such things.
Great band, great filmmaker, great film.

I watched a harrowing movie last night

Sold - A girl risks everything for freedom after being trafficked from her mountain village in Nepal to a brothel in India.

I think the title and description sums it up :( - I watched it and felt myself getting increasingly angry and depressed (I think that was the point of the movie) - such squalid conditions, young children being raped, beaten, starved, buried in shallow graves etc. Poignant stuff - I do wish I had read the book instead of watching the movie as I found the movie a bit dull (I know they can hardly throw a couple of show tunes or jazz hands into the scenes).

Talking about show tunes - He wanted to watch LaLa Land, I went to sleep and it was still on when I woke up. I just do not understand the ratings or awards its really bad - when it finished he said what the hell was that about :D.

Deep Cover 1992, (2) Usual suspects 1995, (3) invasion of the body snatchers 1977

Hacksaw Ridge it has got quite a few absurd moments in it but it's still worth a watch. It's got an 8.5imdb rating so I'm sorry to say it were 99% certain Americans voting on it. I'd give it a 6.5

I've watched a couple of great ones -

Arrival - When 12 mysterious spacecraft appear around the world, linguistics professor Louise Banks is tasked with interpreting the language of the apparent alien visitors.

I have been looking forward to this one for a while so had very high hopes - Thankfully it lived upto those hopes. Brilliant movie

A Monster Calls - A boy seeks the help of a tree monster to cope with his single mother's terminal illness. What a great movie <3

Lost Tribe- Gamemastre -A tribe of seven human like aliens teleport to earth , coming for war against paedos and grasses, and peace to all decent men ! R rated. They bring Zinc, Gold, Platinum and plasma pistols. Released Feb 1st.:sus:

I've had arrival on my radar for a while now, was unable to find a decent version online last time I checked but i'll look again tomorrow.

I watched another great movie - three in a row that I would suggest you watching.

The 9th life of Louis Drax - A psychologist who begins working with a young boy who has suffered a near-fatal fall finds himself drawn into a mystery that tests the boundaries of fantasy and reality.

Really weird movie/story - but worth it.