• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

Imperium This is the first ever Daniel Radcliffe film I've watched.

Anthropoid I remember seeing a documentary on the history channel about this about 9 years ago, very good.

Mr Church you've got to be a fan to like this.

The Castle. A great Aussie comedy about a family fighting for their property when the government want to take it off them. Fucking hilarious. One of the best Aussie films ever.

A friend rented this from the library on my card many, many moons ago ago. We both loved it but fast forward many more moons and I discover he never did return it. This FACT! was discovered via the medium of a fine in the high hundreds of pounds. Guess who only dared rejoin the library last year? Thankfully the fine had been conveniently forgotten in the meantime. Good film but not THAT good 8out

In other news, watched a load of military history films of late. Best of which has been Mongol. Russian film shot in Mongolion with a Japanese lead featuring truly exquisite cinematography and a hauntingly beautiful soundtrack. I've seen a few films based on the life of Temudgan but this is by far the best. Highly recommended.

My war it follows a bit in the style of tae guk gi if I spell that one correctly as that's from memory from when Spade first posted it. If you liked the latter you'll like this one.

*inhales deeply the waft of the ghost of spadey baby and reminiscences about the time when you could call a spade a spade knowing he'd give nary a fuck*

Bit of an old movie but worth watching

Borgman - A vagrant enters the lives of an arrogant upper-class family, turning their lives into a psychological nightmare in the process.

We watched 'Finding Dory' the other night and I loved it :D - such a good laugh and I think it's even better than the first one. Another good one that I enjoyed was 'The Priests' - Korean Exorcist.

We also watched 'Sausage Party' - what a pile of crap (shame as we like a good sausage party) but this was just rubbish - there are a few funny scenes (I think three) but the rest is just drivel or if your talking like the characters 'fucking, fucking, fucking, drivel, fuck, fuck, fuck'.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this one a while back

They look like people
- Suspecting that people around him are turning into evil creatures, a troubled man questions whether to protect his only friend from an impending war, or from himself.

Pretty good film and worth watching - very low budget, pretty claustrophobic movie.

If your into sporting/documentary/boxing types of movies then

Hands of stone - The legendary Roberto Duran and his equally legendary trainer Ray Arcel change each other's lives.

Is a good movie, nice to see the story behind the guy and Robert De Niro still showing that he has what it takes.

^^ Funny, too.

Just to add to the australian films: Death in Brunswick. Great black comedy that should translate well to non locals.

^^ Funny, too.

It is pretty funny, if you like the twisted movies have you seen 'Ex Drummer' ?

"Three handicapped losers who form a band ask famous writer Dries to be their drummer. He joins the band and starts manipulating them."

They have to be handicapped to play in the band, one has a stiff arm but he is gay so that will do? One saw something awful as a child and it made him deaf, but they think he looks blind and the other is a sociopath who likes women (a bit too much) - when ever you see him at home he is standing on the ceiling usually.

They only want to do one gig and play one song called 'Mongoloid' with a back up song of 'Deep Fish'.

It's certainly not for everyone but if you like that sort of movie it is a laugh.

^ Ex Drummer is brilliant. Evad turned me on to that. The fact they cover Devo's Mongoloid I'm sure spacejunk would appreciate as well :)

Julien Donkey Boy was another one of Evad's favourites.

^ Ex Drummer is brilliant. Evad turned me on to that. The fact they cover Devo's Mongoloid I'm sure spacejunk would appreciate as well :)

Julien Donkey Boy was another one of Evad's favourites.

Heh, on a somewhat related note, I remember Evad met Devvo the chav once and posted a picture :)

Another one that I enjoyed last night is

Kubo and the two strings - A young boy named Kubo must locate a magical suit of armor worn by his late father in order to defeat a vengeful spirit from the past.

Great stuff - the mix between the animation, CGI and old school stop motion was stunning, add to that a great story line (Japanese Folklore) and a mix of funny characters. Even if your not into animated movies you should really try and check this one out for the visuals alone.

Added bonus for Trekkies also <3

Really enjoyed suicide squad recently. I wasn't expecting much after it pretty much got savaged by critics but yeah i enjoyed it :) Also got to see Star Trek Beyond too. Both awesome

Ditto. Watched both this week.

Dr Strange but you should really try and see it on/in IMAX - eye candy doesn't even come close.