• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

The Infiltrator

Mechanic - Resurrection I love Jason Stathams films even though the story lines are mostly crap and the action and special effects a bit OTT they're still rather entertaining.

Funny I've just watched them both - Infiltrator was a great movie. Mechanic - Resurrection was exactly like you say - entertaining.

Another couple of good ones

Suicide Squad - A secret government agency recruits some of the most dangerous incarcerated criminals to form a defensive task force, with their first case leading to a potential apocalypse. I really enjoyed this, fast pace action with a few laughs along the way.

Lights out - When her little brother, Martin, experiences the same events that once tested her sanity, Rebecca works to unlock the truth behind the terror, which brings her face to face with an entity that has an attachment to their mother, Sophie. Quite a good 'horror' movie - it brings nothing new but it's still worth a watch.

All through the house. Real old school trashy slasher movie - lots of blood, and all the old cliches but quite a good gory laugh.

Suicide Squad has gotten such mixed reviews. I still want to see it. The only thing that pisses me off is that every girl this year is gonna go as the sluttiest version of Harley as possible with a whole lot of blokes in joker costumes cutting about.

Shakes head in the shame those people give the name to Halloween. Sheep.

Suicide Squad has gotten such mixed reviews. I still want to see it. The only thing that pisses me off is that every girl this year is gonna go as the sluttiest version of Harley as possible with a whole lot of blokes in joker costumes cutting about.

Shakes head in the shame those people give the name to Halloween. Sheep.

I can understand why this got bad reviews though - if your a fan of the comics or the characters then you will probably hate it as it is very shallow, no backstory to team and the main focus is simply on three characters - Deadshot, Joker and Harley. The 'main story' itself is pretty weak but the main 'villain' (Enchantress is simply gorgeous) - but it all felt rushed and I did feel like it was an introduction movie for a lot of new stories and side movies.

If your not into the characters and just want a great movie then I think it works as its fast, lots of shooting and just a good laugh.

Harley is a funny character though and I image your right about the sheep. Some of the main clubs have a Halloween night but in general its not something that gets mentioned.

I've a few things that I need to get done then I have this to watch later on today.

'London Town' - In '70s London, a 14 year-old boy is introduced to the Clash by his estranged mother. It changes his life forever.

Meh - This is a family movie about coming of age, with The Clash added. OK movie but nothing special. The description that I copied above from IMDB is so misleading - his 'estranged mother sent him a mix tape' he didn't play it, he went on to meet some random on a train that introduced him to the music etc.

Last edited:
Transpecos
On my first try I wasn't up for this type of film, on the second go I got in to it and it's quite good. It ain't for everyone basically.

Anyone watched the Theroux on Scientology movie?

David Miscavige is a fucking psychopath.

^I really enjoyed it :D - it is a slow paced movie but I've just been catching up on Pablo so the movie tied in nicely with the series.

I watched an incredible docu/movie - 'Human' - A collection of stories about and images of our world, offering an immersion to the core of what it means to be human.

I want to say it is like Baraka or Samsara but that wouldn't be doing it justice as instead of only huge landscapes there are a load of close up interviews with people from around the globe asking them about private and personal topics. (If your downloading this make sure you get one with subtitles).

Really enjoyed suicide squad recently. I wasn't expecting much after it pretty much got savaged by critics but yeah i enjoyed it :) Also got to see Star Trek Beyond too. Both awesome

Really enjoyed suicide squad recently. I wasn't expecting much after it pretty much got savaged by critics but yeah i enjoyed it :) Also got to see Star Trek Beyond too. Both awesome

Both great movies - I was the same with Suicide Squad horrible reviews but a great fun movie (maybe just not for the fans).

A strange one that I mentioned a while back and haven't seen if anyone else has caught it yet - 'Swiss Army Man'. Really odd movie.

Eminem's gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well me too, so fuck Will Smith.

Anyone watched the Theroux on Scientology movie?

David Miscavige is a fucking psychopath.

Ah sweet. I didn't know it was released publicly yet. I've been really looking forward to seeing it for about a year now.
<3

I've a one that I have been meaning to watch on Scientology - 'Going Clear'. It has pretty good ratings on IMdb so I might try and watch that over the next few days.

There's a funny movie about called 'The Evil in us' - While on a fourth of July holiday, six best friends fall victim to the insidious plan of a mysterious organization when they are unknowingly transformed into bloodthirsty cannibals.

It's a pretty violent movie, low budget stuff but what sparked my interest was
NSFW:
it's playing on the 'cannibal' attacks associated with 'bath salts' and how people are ingesting stuff that has the opportunity in sending them crazy etc. It was done in a global pharma style of manipulation of compounds.
<for spoilers.

It's low budget, remote cabin in the woods, no cell reception - what could go wrong 8(

Last edited:
I only watched his one with (out) whacko jackson last night for the first time. fucking brilliant - i loved the smug cunt watching on the sidelines as the Bashir deal bit the Jackson camp on the ass.

Bit sad in retrospect mind... I know he was crackers but it just seemed like everyone in his life was just there to take take take from him without giving fuck all back (money aside, which fuelled a lot of the behaviour in the 1st place) - whether it was his family, his fans, Bashir and to be fair even Theroux himself .

Got to check out the Scientology one then - no interest in the subject otherwise but I'm certain it will be a good watch when seen theroux the perspective of Louis, of course.

EDIT - That was class, but really fucking creepy. As much as I loved the film I don't feel the need to pursue any further Scientology dox - I think I've seen enough with this one.

It's just like a huge corporate version of Heaven's Gate :\ 8) :(

Last edited:
For the ones who don't know about Australian films, heres a list of fantastic Aussie movies....

CHOPPER (2000) absolutely BRILLIANT

THE PROPOSITION (2005)

RABBIT PROOF FENCE (2002)

KENNY (2006)

WOLF CREEK (2005) Apparently one of Quentin Tarantino favorite films

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994) Absolutely fabulous!

Mad Max (1979) Need a say more

Muriel’s Wedding (1994) Classic

Crocodile Dundee (1986)

Dark City (1998)

Dead Calm (1989) Excellent

Romper Stomper (1992) About Skin heads and is quite brutal

Gallipoli (1981)

Animal Kingdom (2010) another Tarantino approved Aussie movie

Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975)

The Dish (2000)

Snowtown (2011) brutal film

Babe (1995) brilliant movie

The Piano (1993) incredible

Two Hands (1999) great crime story

The Delinquents (1989)

The Boys (1998) the story of the Anita Cobby murder, this movie is chilling and feels so real.

All great movies, as a British ex pat living in Aus, I would recommend watching these movies. Chopper is fantastic and based on the life of Chopper Read, look him up