• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

Hunt for the wilderpeople is awesome

Fuck now you have me interested in using my iPad battery to watch the linky. Typically Scottish I'm stingy about that kinda thing...

Btw potato aka tattie scones should be triangles not round man. And fried before being added to other fried goodies in a roll. Just in case you didn't know lol.

I watched wolf creek 2 and early on you see this young cop getting the top of his head blown off....that guy reminds me of Busty. Every time he posts I think of that...I'm like is that the kinda dick head(less) he is?!?

After The Dark:
A thought experiment about M.(utually)A.(ssured)D.(estruction) brought to life by a Philosophy teacher and his students. = It's on U TOOB. I'd give it an A+ (there's a pitiful pun there if you watch it)

Hunt for the wilderpeople is awesome

It is a great movie - I really enjoyed it (sure I posted it a few pages ago).

'Tried' to watch the new Ghostbusters at the weekend - what a pile of shit. I had heard it was bad but thought I would give it a go, yup it's really bad. I couldn't watch it for long before I gave up.

I know it's only a few posts up but 'Swiss Army Man' is something you should try and watch - I can't say anything about it or it would spoil it.

As Above, So Below.

"When a team of explorers ventures into the catacombs that lie beneath the streets of Paris, they uncover the dark secret that lies within this city of the dead."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2870612/

Tries to too hard to be scary and is a little thin on plot.

The Castle. A great Aussie comedy about a family fighting for their property when the government want to take it off them. Fucking hilarious. One of the best Aussie films ever.

As Above, So Below.

"When a team of explorers ventures into the catacombs that lie beneath the streets of Paris, they uncover the dark secret that lies within this city of the dead."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2870612/

Tries to too hard to be scary and is a little thin on plot.

I actually enjoyed that, I do like the horror genre and I enjoy cheesy horror so usually have low expectations when I see movies like this. On the underground ones I still enjoy Descent

Another older movie that is still worth a mention is 'Under the skin' - A mysterious woman seduces lonely men in the evening hours in Scotland. Events lead her to begin a process of self-discovery.

The Castle. A great Aussie comedy about a family fighting for their property when the government want to take it off them. Fucking hilarious. One of the best Aussie films ever.

I get this to watch for tonight as he quiet enjoys a comedy - thanks for that

The Castle, absolute classic.

Went to the movies tonight for the first time in ages, saw Eight Days A Week, about The Beatles earlier years when they were still touring. It was alright, I've always liked their later stuff most, but it was a bit of an insight into how they and 60s culture in general morphed so much in such a short time. I really hope there's a follow-up that covers their time in India and later albums.

The Castle, absolute classic.

Went to the movies tonight for the first time in ages, saw Eight Days A Week, about The Beatles earlier years when they were still touring. It was alright, I've always liked their later stuff most, but it was a bit of an insight into how they and 60s culture in general morphed so much in such a short time. I really hope there's a follow-up that covers their time in India and later albums.

I really fancy that so thanks for the recommendation

I didn't even know you guys made movies. I'd be willing to give it a shot but would be skeptical. I like that its citizens VS the oppressive Australian government though.

I didn't even know you guys made movies. I'd be willing to give it a shot but would be skeptical. I like that its citizens VS the oppressive Australian government though.

For me this is the best ozzy film Animal kingdom they've made.
Just watch it, you won't be disappointed.

I really didn't 'get' this movie - I'm not sure if it was meant to be funny humor or sarcastic / dry etc? I just didn't see what was supposed to be funny - I gave up and switch it off.

I really didn't 'get' this movie - I'm not sure if it was meant to be funny humor or sarcastic / dry etc? I just didn't see what was supposed to be funny - I gave up and switch it off.
Maybe you need to be Aussie to get it. I found it hilarious and a classic.

Might have already mentioned: Caught up recently on vintage Cronenberg films that i hadn't seen:

Shivers (1975) was quite cool - a sort of zombie film where people are infected by a parasite that turns them into mindless sex maniacs (thus passing it on) - it's also got a sort of typically cronenberg parasite thingy that comes out of the stomach (apparently an influence on Alien). Don't be looking for a polished film, the plot and acting are clunky, but i enjoyed it for the feel anyway (especially the 70s decor/hairdos).

Then, a bit more well known: The Brood (1979) with Oliver Reed as a sort of cult leader who draws in the lead's wife and child (a weird, psychotherapy based cult - reminded me of EST (shudder)). And then some killings start... i'll not spolier it, but it's quite good - better 'as a film' than Shivers, though the 'monsters' are a bit funny. (Apparently Cronenberg's wife and child were caught up in a cult at the time and he tried to 'kidnap' his daughter or something).

Next i've got Stereo (1969) and Crimes of the Future (1970) to watch (his really early stuff - i'll probably need 'enhancement' to really appreciate them).

He's a fascinating dude judging by the consistent themes that run through his films: not just the body morph/parasites stuff, but the stuff about psychology too - the film he did about Jung and Freud is really good too (unsuprisingly more favorable to jung (and a touch of Reich)) - A Dangerous Method (no rubber monsters in this one though)

Scanners is another one of his brilliant early ones - The Brood is a great early horror movie, haven't watched it in years so that's on the list for this afternoon. I pulled up a list of his movies and one that I loved that isn't by him but he is an actor is Nightbreed which was adapted from the book 'Cabal' by Clive Barker which I read first.

Pretty rich coming from a yank. Especially re: the Snowden film.
Yawn.

Pretty rich coming from a yank. Especially re: the Snowden film.
Yawn.
You cant expect him to know fuck all about Australia apart from we ride around on Kangaroos. His IQ would be lucky to crack 90. Yes we make movies in Australia. We invented wifi too among many other things droppshit. People like you are why the world hates Americans.