Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Experienced - trip report

sabsmitty3

Greenlighter
Hi everyone I am new to blue light and would like to share my dxm trip report with you. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! This was my first psychedelic experience. About a week prior I ordered some pure dxm pills from amazon. The hype was real they arrived early in the day and I was tempted to take them at 9am. Giving it some thought I was scared to be around people while tripping. (So glad I didn't.) I went to school and got the day done and 8 pm rolls around and as my parents went to bed I his in my bedroom and took all 20 15mg gel tabs. Not fully knowing what to expect I was eager and also slightly nervous as I am new to tripping. I have an extremely low tolerance to most drugs. I remember when I drank 2 cans of miller light and got smashed if that gives you an idea of my tolerance. Anyhow approximately 30 minutes in I was beggining to get pissed because I was only feeling slightly light headed. I did research and learned it takes about an hour to kick in. So I went to my bedroom and turned on Netflix. A hour after taking the pills I began to feel a tingling in my eyes. I began to blink just because I felt I had to. Kinda strange but hard to explain. I got out of my bed to use the bathroom and right as I stood up it seemed all the effects just shit on me and I was feeling it very strong. Walking to the bathroom i had to hold onto the walls. Home stretch I just have to get passed my parents in their room watching TV. I quickly grew nervous and focused on just walking. I kept repeating to myself (heel toe heel to heel toe) over and over. They saw me but didn't say anything to me so I was very glad. After finishing up and washing my hands I looked into the mirror and saw my pupils big as dinner plates. It kinda freaked me out looking into the mirror and it was like looking into another universe. I wasn't scared I just couldnt stop staring. I fell backwards and just sat there a minute thinking about what was in the mirror. I walked back to my room and layed down. After watching courage the cowardly dog it seemed as this simple cartoon had hidden meanings and I just understood everything if it made sense or not. It was like nothing I've ever experienced. I turned the TV off and I lost all track of time so I looked up to my digital clock in my room and I couldn't read it! I swear I looked at it and stared but the numbers looked foreign as they were spinning and zooming in and out. This really scared me so I tried to sleep hoping it would go away. I didn't see any CEV'S but crazy auditorial hallucinations began to buzz. I started hearing white noise as I shut my eyes harder scared I was going to be stuck in my trip forever. The white noise sounded like someone was on a radio station that couldn't be picked up and they were spinning the volume dial up and down over and over. Getting lost In thought somehow my eyes were open and I thought I was having an allergic reaction to it because I thought just over 300 MG's was a low dose. Beginning to be extremely paranoid I told my self I was just tripping and I calmed down. I grabbed my phone and headphones and turned on the Beatles.(cheezy I know but I like the Beatles sober). I remember it sounding all slow and distorted and nothing being said made any sense. I fell asleep and woke up I think about 3 hours later. I started grabbing my face and it was numb. With most psychological effects gone buts still extreme delerium and confusion I was thinking about the possibility of brain damage. I was darting back and forth in my mind thinking how I'd explain to my parents I was retarded all the sudden.. I'm laughing looking back on it but I was honestly worried haha. I fell back to sleep and upon waking I felt all the effects gone I was so relieved. I was thinking how I was never going to do dxm again. Maybe in time I will try again but not for awhile. Through the trip I felt no nausea and don't have any diarrhea the day after. Maybe I will try acid when I get the chance I heard it is harder to have a bad trip on. Well if you've read to here I thank you because I kinda rambled through the report but felt it was appropriate to be detailed.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, welcome to Bluelight, and thanks for sharing your story. :) First of all, this would actually be better off in the Trip Reports section, so I'm going to move this there.

Second, it sounds like a you got a pretty intense taste of what tripping is like, at least on a dissociative (which is somewhat relevant to psychedelics as well, but not entirely). For the record, 300 mg of DXM is not a small dose for someone without tolerance, and what you described actually sounds more pleasant than what I personally would get from that dose. Which is to say, it sounds intense, but at least you weren't nauseous the whole time!

In relation to LSD being harder to have a bad trip on, I'm not so sure if I would agree with that honestly. DXM is definitely difficult for many especially on the body, but at less than huge doses I actually find the trip quite easy to handle compared to psychedelics. LSD is absolutely more euphoric and consistently more enjoyable than DXM for me, but it also produces more anxious energy, thought loops, and disorientation when taken at a full dose. Personally, I still like the psychedelics more anyway, but I think most people would agree that most dissociatives are easier to take when you're just looking to get high.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing! I would recommend breaking up your post into separate paragraphs though, you'll probably get more people reading it that way.

DXM is for sure a strange substance. I'm jealous of the pure DXM pills though. The cough syrup pills seemed to take 2 and a half hours to kick in. I remember smoking a bowl on my roof (bad idea) and hugging the siding because I felt like the world was turning foward and I felt stuck to the wall like glue.