Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom - Experienced - "50x extract"

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
Okay, so I have only posted a few times here but felt the need to share my experience with this as there seems to be a great deal of confusion surrounding this stuff, myself included.

First a quick background on me: I'm early 30s, about 160 pounds, was opiate/heroin dependent many years ago; still use diazepam (with a prescription), not as directed but I am also not dependent on it whatsoever.

I have been using kratom for several months in a pretty responsible manner. I have mostly bought 9 gram liquid doses a few times a week, but have also tried capsules and the dreaded toss and wash from various vendors and brands. At any rate, upon learning kratom will now be a schedule I controlled substance (insanity), I decided to place an order for the "50x extract" (vendor withheld), and was super excited to try it. Well, I started with about a gram, and after over an hour I felt absolutely nothing. I ended up taking several more grams, perhaps as much as 10-12 grams over the course of the day, and still felt absolutely nothing until I went and bought my usual 9 gram liquid dose. The one good thing I will say about this product is, its taste is very tolerable and almost pleasant and coffee-like. Compared to the hellish taste I'm used to this was welcome. However, that's where the positives end.

As I said, it did nothing for me. I went to sleep at around 9:30 pm, was forced out of bed at around 11 am because my girlfriend had to go to work and we have a four year old daughter. I felt like I had been hit by a bus and just awoken from a coma. My entire body hurt, I had the worst headache I'd ever experienced in my life, and simply could not stand up straight or walk normally. It felt similar to heroin withdrawal aside from the fact that I couldn't STAY AWAKE, rather than the opposite. It was awful. After putting my daughter down for her nap around 1 o'clock, I went back to sleep until around 3:30 and finally started feeling normal again around 5 or so.

I guess I'm wondering, what in the hell is this stuff and how could it possibly give me such a horrific "hangover" without any of the positive effects I normally get from kratom use?

I I would also advise anyone, based on my line experience, to avoid this stuff. And for the record, the vendor is a pretty reputable one from my understanding (although the packaging did not in fact say what strain of kratom this was)

Terrible, terrible experience.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_kratom
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd. I always found the extracts to be much weaker than they are supposed to be (as in, 1 gram of 10x is not nearly as strong as 10 grams of raw), but I found the effect to be gentler. A huge waste of money is my final conclusion on those. Maybe you didn't really get kratom extract, or really shitty extract. I really can't explain the weird hangover though. Sounds sketchy.