Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Carfentanyl/various dosages) - Very experienced - Summary

p2np

Greenlighter
Hi!

I am a decade-long opiate/opioid user, chemist by profession and am recently taking Carfentanyl recreationally. If you like,
you can ask me anything about it since there is sooo many misinformation around.

I have been reading about the substance for years, also here, on opiophile and many other pages on the net. Being one/the of the most closely watched opioids in the world that are commercially available, (For example even zoos having additional rules that they apply to their
usual controlled substances rules like only handling it with two people, having antidote at hand, etc..) it seemed almost impossible to get
some human first-hand experience in actually using the substance. (Yes, I also read the story of someone buying it in a mexican pharmacy..
haha!).
I am also very experienced with fentanyl and its various analogues, from an academic view to synthesis to personal usage. Since I have taken about every opioid in the world that could be prescribed for my condition or to feed my habit, I have a very broad view in the field of fentanyls, also since I have chosen them years ago to become my way to go as an opiophile person since it has so many advantages. (Cheap, good painkiller, not making me too tired (stimulating me!), easy to have a lifelong supply if you can control their usage a little, not being organotoxic at all, etc..). The only thing that limits the mother compound´s (fentanyl) recreational value a bit is its lack of euphoria, or at least little.

So, to be honest I never thought that one day I actually will hold some carfentanyl in my hands, It is very,very, controlled, very rare (DEA quota for 2015 was 19g, so proliferation is almost unthinkable of) and its synthesis compared to fentanyl is much more demanding, but not impossible.. the precursors are mostly unwatched.
As some might have noticed, carfentanyl has actually turned up lately in some heroin batches, presumably imported from china as one 1kg! seizure from canadian police showed.
So, about a month ago I held 25mg of the substance in my hands. It is claimed to be pure, which I back up since it is totally crystalline and under the microscope the crystals look very clean, uniform and almost like table salt (but off course no cubic crystalline arrangement).
I didn´t do any further purity checks since I don´t have access to any analytical gear at the moment, but as I said I have a profession in the field, and I know when I have a pure substance, especially when its crystalline.

So, lets talk a little about carfentanyls properties.
First, it is an anilopiperidine derivate, with a 4-carbxcylic acid methylester modification on the fentanyl molecule. This changes its ANALGETICAL
potency 100-fold to the mother compund, fentanyl. Why I put analgetical in capitals? well, this is about recreational use. More on this later.
Carfentanyl has a Ki value for the mu-opioid receptor of 0.024 which is very high, but also some decent kappa receptor binding affinity.(Binding DB)
What can be pointed out here is that its therapeutic index is also, very high (about 10.000, fentanyl has 700) which is the quotient of minimum effective dose (50% of test subjects) and the lethal dose (also 50% of subjects) with respiration failure/depression being the most prominent toxic effect. So it is actually quite safe !!
Carfentanyl is stronger hypnosedative under analgesic equivalent doses as fentanyl. The threshold dose of carfentanyl in humans, visible when the first effects such as analgesia and sedation occur is in the range of about 1-2 micrograms, an effective dose can be 8-15 micrograms and higher doses are highly sedating and sleep inducing. At doses ranging from 50-100 micrograms it comes to loss of consciousness.
(Human with no opioid dependence. This claim is from german Wikipedia and I back this up highly from my experience.. besides the doses of course since I have tolerance).

So, what about Carfentanyl in my system?

Ok, I weighed 10mg of the substance, dissolved it in water/IPA mixture and dosed 100µg on a sheet of aluminium foil. I went by the claim that it is 100times stronger than fentanyl so that would be an equivalent of 10mg of fentanyl. A good dose for me. The dose was almost invisible on the foil after the solvent evaporated. I am aware of thermal decomposition when smoking, but if anything it would lessen the probability of overdose AND I don´t do IV usually, so this was the best way to compare before/after quick.
Well, I only felt a tiny bit of it, almost subtle. So up the dose one order of magnitude. At 1000µg I really felt the opiate effect, I would say that I got almost to the point which 10mg of fentanyl do to me.
So, for recreational use I would say that the potency is more like 10-15 times of fentanyl. Some days later I had a long planned surgery and had a needle in my arm anyways. So I put 1mg of carfentanyl in some saline and used IV. It gave my a like 0-20 seconds delayed feeling of comfort and warmth, so good and intense I didn´t have of any opiate for years. Very, very pleasant and off course very, very strong. The effects also lasted very very long. Longer than those of fentanyl. I somewhere read that it is 3 times slower metabolized (plasma half life of around 12h) than fentanyl which I back up by my experience. Some minutes later I felt asleep for like an hour, so yes, it is very sedating. I also felt euphoria, something I usually don´t get so much by plain fentanyl.
As you see, my main point why I write this is to say that it is not 100times stronger than fentanyl (for rec use). I´d say 10-15 times stronger.
But when you see where those claims come from, papers where the most common way of determining the potency is by the so called tail-flick test. Mice/rats are put on a hot plate (50°C) and it is measured how often they lick their tails or try to lift it from the plate in order too cool it.
The more potent the analgesic, the less they fell the heat, the less they flick the tail. So this is clearly an analgesic potency test.
When trying around while in hospital I also started at 10µg IV and I felt only subtle psychoactive effects, BUT I noticed my surgical pain vanish quite quick after using. So much for that.

Bottomline:

It replaced my choice of #1 opiate for me, which was fentanyl :)
It is cheaper, stronger, longer lasting, has higher safety margin(!!!),and induces euphoria. The comedown is easy and I din´t notice a higher tolerance buildup than straight fentanyl after 100mgs of usage so far. (they lasted about 25 days for me and that was heavy use). So if you take it on not too hard maybe 10g will last you a whole decade, probably more.
This stuff is getting very hard bashing from the media lately with very exaggerated claims because of the high overdose rate that occured in Ohio.
Most of the time when fentanyl-laced heroin does cause many overdoses it is because of bad mixing. I see this as a problem since this carfentanyl HCl´s occurence is very granular and not fine at all. But if you have the pure substance, you know what you are doing and with basic lab techniques it is very, very handleable. (talking of personal use!)
If you have any questions regarding first-hand experience by someone who most of the time knows what he´s doing, ask me anything!

substancecode_carfentanyl
substancecode_fentanyls
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
2-3 times a day is good for maintaining a good buzz throughout the day. But you know.. It can always be a little harder
so sometimes I´ll give it an extra hit.

Fun anecdote: When I tried the 1mg IV test while being in hospital anyways I made a little sign with NALOXONE!! on it just to be safe :)
Luckily I did n´t need it.

I feel it is absolutely disgusting that this drug is being found in heroin especially in my area, it's responsible for 90% of the opiate related deaths and a lot of kids and adults are dying over here, this drug should only be used if at all by ones who specifically choose to use it, I heard on the news that it's so dangerous that the people administrating it to elephants have to wear hazmat suits, I'm no chemist but it sounds like a game 100x worse than Russian roulette

Oops. Sorry for the late reply. The thread got locked for no apparent reason and I thought It was meant to stay closed.
Ok.. fine new title, new category. Let´s go.

I guess you ask because you want to figure out my experience and then abbreviate from my story above how euphoric/long lasting/tolerance building carfentanyl is. Well.. I tried many many different opiates/opioids and still Oxycodone and the Morphine type opiates produces most euphoria for me.
Let me set it in scene for you: Carfentanyl produces less euphoria than let´s say oxycodone but still I can feel it in contrast to taking fentanyl.
The longest lasting opioid?.. I remember Buprenorphine to last very long.. obviously I can´t take it atm. Methadone also works long for me. (We have the levo-isomer here in Germany). Carfentanyl again lasts longer than plain fentanyl. Maybe the ester does some steric hindrance to the enzyme breaking it down to N-despropionyl-carfentanyl which should be the main metabolite.
Ok.. tolerance. I would say it induces as much tolerance as fentanyl... maybe a tiny bit more. Remember this is me being a long time opiate taker! I already
have quite a high tolerance. To answer your question: I have taken tramadol for months and stopped without withdrawal.. so I´d say the stronger the opiate, the quicker the tolerance buildup. But I don´t think it is relating to the potency in a linear way. if it would be so, my tolerance would have skyrocketed, which it didn´t.

Good question. Yes, It CAN be safely done. Believe me :)
BUT I would not for the end of the world try dope cut with carfentanyl that someone without a professional background in pharmacy or pharmaceutical engineering had made.
The predominant problem is the uneven grain size distribution and their behavior in a stack. There are easy methods to prevent this which I don´t want to discuss here.
Another problem why dealers put carfentanil in their dope is to make it stronger. obviously. So the potency of the stuff goes up. This can be dangerous to non tolerant people. off course. You never know how much they put in. So I can´t guestimate how potent cut dope is in comparison to your examples.

But I like to point out one important thing: If you read about the many overdoses that recently occured and how they were saved with Narcan shots...
In my opinion most of these "overdoses" people would have woke up anyway without Naloxone. Carfentanil has a huge safety margin. Since it is quite hypnotic, people fall asleep and look like ODs. But that is something the news don´t care about. All they want is a new horror drug.

I don´t know what that has to do with Carfentanyl. It´s synthesis is like 2-3 times more demanding than a fentanyl total synthesis. And believe me, even the
fentanyl synthesis is tricky.

I feel it is absolutely disgusting that this drug is being found in heroin especially in my area, it's responsible for 90% of the opiate related deaths and a lot of kids and adults are dying over here, this drug should only be used if at all by ones who specifically choose to use it, I heard on the news that it's so dangerous that the people administrating it to elephants have to wear hazmat suits, I'm no chemist but it sounds like a game 100x worse than Russian roulette

Yep, It is a highly questionable behaviour to make dope stronger this way. I saw they make pink dope???? what the fuck? Its like it´s written "I am full of chemicals" all over it. One question: Are they really dying? Or is it an "overdose epidemic"? See my claims about safety margin above.
Also, People administering it to animals do not have to wear HazMat suits!!??WTF? I can handle it with my bare hands!
http://www.wlwt.com/article/sheriff-s-office-reports-seizure-of-carfentanyl-laced-heroin/3613164

What's more euphoric, heroin or carfentanil?

Heroin. But still, Carfentanil does produce a little euphoria. I am quite active since I take it and sometimes I feel like a kid on christmas eve.
Plus it is very sedating, so I have to be careful with the dose.

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is claimed to be pure, which I back up since it is totally crystalline and under the microscope the crystals look very clean, uniform and almost like table salt " Having it be totally crystalline looking under a microscope is not an indictor of purity. Since you have a profession in the field I would imagine you would be well aware of this fact. Next time you get a sample of said substance you should get it professionally tested say through XTC data and then link us to the results.

You´re right about this. It is off course NOT an indicator of purity, but what I wanted to say is that I am quite sure I don´t have a mix of crystalline substances here.
Most of the time I can tell if I had a mixture of two substances or just a single substance by looking through the microscope. Have done this a lot .
Off course I can´t tell by just looking at a crystalline substance if it´s 85% or 95% or 99,8% pure without having lots of experience with that single substance and its most common causes and type of impurity, and not even then.
Thanks for pointing at this and sorry for being incorrect. If I would have to distinguish my carfentanil/mannitol mix from pure mannitol I would fail by using the microscope since one is a very minor constituent and it also depends from the mixing technique.

All analytical help I could do is, when I´m back at work I could run it through our HPLC (off course without reference standard) which is OK to see if it has impurities but can´t tell if its carfentanyl or not (since no reference). But I can´t tell you when this will happen.
Regarding sending it to a test facility, I am quite sure XTC data does not have a reference standard either since I could not find a single carfentanyl entry in their database, and also they won´t report purity.

Agreed I am pro drug but feel ones caught selling it or found in possession of pure form should face the same penalties as one would get from possession with intent of any weapon of mass destruction.

The people putting this in heroin are terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly I hope my tax dollars are very hard at work in trying find the people involved in this.

The people that boast about it if they are in fact using it will meet karma, have fun getting clean!

Because I can't even imagine what your withdrawals will be like, I have seen fent wd's and you are in for a ride! :)

Last edited:
Hi,

A friend gave me 50mg or carfentanil and i a little bit excidet to try.He told me it is from the dark Web and has 98%. What Do you think would be a good starting Dose? I have a Medium tolerace. Over the Day i normaly take 2 mg fentanyl or 0.5g heroin. Just nasal or smoked.
I plan to make a nasal spray. This should work well or Not? Has maybe anyone tried? My plan is to weigh 5mg carfentanil and fill it into my 20ml nasal spray. The standard pump volume is approximate 0.1 ml. So if calculate right i habe 25 mikrogramm per hit. Is is to much? Maybe just 2.5 mg? Thx so far and sorry for my worse english

Because I can't even imagine what your withdrawals will be like, I have seen fent wd's and you are in for a ride! :)
Sorry, but I´m fine. 25mg of L-Methadone (approx. 50mg of racemate) have taken ALL of my withdrawal symptoms resulting from about 3 months of cafentanil use. In fact, I also experienced worse WDs from fentanyl. I don´t plan on sobering up just rotating my opioids from time to time. If you spend your US tax dollars fighting the chinese chemists that made it, good luck. You know, the reason why this stuff pops up in heroin these days is because of pure capitalist economics blended with the "war on drugs" .. both two very typical american problems. I don´t say it is not a problem and I am with you saying It should not be sold as heroin. But the rest of your post just lacks of facts and is full of uncertainity and brainwash.

Hi,A friend gave me 50mg or carfentanil and i a little bit excidet to try.He told me it is from the dark Web and has 98%. What Do you think would be a good starting Dose? I have a Medium tolerace. Over the Day i normaly take 2 mg fentanyl or 0.5g heroin. Just nasal or smoked.I plan to make a nasal spray. This should work well or Not? Has maybe anyone tried? My plan is to weigh 5mg carfentanil and fill it into my 20ml nasal spray. The standard pump volume is approximate 0.1 ml. So if calculate right i habe 25 mikrogramm per hit. Is is to much? Maybe just 2.5 mg? Thx so far and sorry for my worse english
I´say start with half of what you suggested and work your way up. Taking a second or third hit is better than overdosing on the first :)

I´say start with half of what you suggested and work your way up. Taking a second or third hit is better than overdosing on the first :)

I'm suprised to see such large doses but I guess it makes sense with tolerance.

A friend has a surplus of Fentanyl HCL which I plan to get into, so you said you did doses of 10 mg of fentanyl?

I plan on starting with 200 mcg, I'm sure tolerance will follow shortly after.

Thanks though, informative post, I'm in school for a chemistry degree right now my friend :)

Opioids for life

On the note about mixing it with street dope, that is not feasible. Such a strong version of fentanyl could not be properly cut into other powders, due to "hot spots". Certain batches would have far greater potency, equaling overdose deaths. Only dissolved in liquid could this work safely.

But I like to point out one important thing: If you read about the many overdoses that recently occured and how they were saved with Narcan shots...

How about the people that are requiring 10 or more doses of narcan to come back?

I think carfentanyl being discussed here fly's against everything that is HC. The stuff is extremely dangerous and has claimed a ton of lives already, especially in my area (near Cincinnati) which has been 'ground zero' for these carfentanyl-cut deaths.

Saying it has a "high safety margin' and that it can be safely cut into street dope is absurd. You damn well know the kind of person that A- Sells dope to begin with, and B- Sells dope that they have cut to maximize profit, are NOT college trained and experienced in chemistry engineering.

I almost think you are a sadist, or a heartless LE/DEA man who is celebrating these OD deaths and are doing what you can to encourage them

There are so many good opiates and opiods which have a much longer history and are more pleasurable. Leave this stuff alone.

How about the people that are requiring 10 or more doses of narcan to come back?

I think carfentanyl being discussed here fly's against everything that is HC. The stuff is extremely dangerous and has claimed a ton of lives already, especially in my area (near Cincinnati) which has been 'ground zero' for these carfentanyl-cut deaths.

Saying it has a "high safety margin' and that it can be safely cut into street dope is absurd. You damn well know the kind of person that A- Sells dope to begin with, and B- Sells dope that they have cut to maximize profit, are NOT college trained and experienced in chemistry engineering.

I almost think you are a sadist, or a heartless LE/DEA man who is celebrating these OD deaths and are doing what you can to encourage them

There are so many good opiates and opiods which have a much longer history and are more pleasurable. Leave this stuff alone.

they didn't say it could be safely cut into street dope. the opposite in fact. read first

Why go through all the trouble in the first place to take this drug knowingly and just by itself? Going through the trouble of properly diluting it , so you can safely take it without dying.? Just order regular ass fentanyl, I mean sheesh. This just seems unnecessary and potentially dangerous at the same time, regardless how safe you are. The thought of needing a hazmat suit (as its so fucking, stupidely potent) just to prepare this drug is a turn off alone.