• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Carfentanyl/various dosages) - Very experienced - Summary

Why go through all the trouble in the first place to take this drug knowingly and just by itself? Going through the trouble of properly diluting it , so you can safely take it without dying.? Just order regular ass fentanyl, I mean sheesh. This just seems unnecessary and potentially dangerous at the same time, regardless how safe you are. The thought of needing a hazmat suit (as its so fucking, stupidely potent) just to prepare this drug is a turn off alone.

Preparing drugs can be like cooking, some have the taste and skills to do it other don't.

Look at LSD, it's in the same range as Fentanyl (100µg doses average) and it isn"t a pain to prepare if one knows what he's dealing with.

These drugs aren't to be dealt with unexperienced people that's it, and it's a shame that it is used to cut drugs that should be sufficient on their own but aren't bevause of shitty out-dated law made by people out-of touch with reality of common drug users.

I like that OP point that most of Fentanyl drugs can be directly linked to the war on drugs when you look at it.

it was great to read !

I just want to add a few things about carfentanyl..
There is/was real carfentanyl more or less publicly available.
I was sceptical at first but I am in the lucky position to have access to NMR-spectroscopy
and it actually turned out to be pure carfentanyl.. Appearance matches p2np's description..
For reasons stated by p2np (regulations, and so on) I think it's safe to assume that it's the same material.

Carfentanyl is not necessarily more dangerous than fentanyl in terms of handling the substance (e.g. preparing a solution...).
Same rules apply: - wear gloves just in case
- the most important thing is don't touch any mucosa (e.g. eyes, nose, mouth and so on)!!!
- depending on the texture of the material at hand one should consider covering mouth and nose completely
to prevent accidental inhaling
- clean your workplace
- when you are finished wash your complete lower arm from fingertips to elbows

Just don't forget what you're dealing with and be aware of the risks. It is really no rocket science ;)

I totally agree with p2np that carfentanyl has a higher safety margin than fentanyl, if dosed accurately!
At least the short-term risks are less.. I can't comment on long-term consequences..
Actually I second mostly everything p2np says about carfentanyl.

It is incredibly potent not 100x fentanyl but still... I felt 1ug when my average fentanyl dosage was 500-750ug..
During this time a full dose for me was somewhere between 10-20ug.
Without tolerance 4-5ug would have been fully sufficient. I am very sensitive to all opioids regardless of chemical class..
A friend of mine with higher natural tolerance than me but no aquired tolerance was completely satisfied with 6-8ug..
In my experience I would fall a sleep before noticing even the slightest signs of respiratory depression or nausea!
This is very different with fentanyl especially when you're a non-tolerant user..

The effects are really nice as far as I remember and long-lasting compared to all other fentanyl analogues I've tried.
I don't want to say much more about the effects because the only way to know what it's like is to try some.
Everything else just builds expectations and potentially alters your experience...

Hi guys, this seems to be the only thread with actual information about carfent out there!

I'm a pretty heavy fent user (~10mg per shot (alot more if i want a gouch) and using around 80-120mg a day of fent hcl)

Getting my hands on some carfent and thinking of making a 50mg/10ml solution (or maybe a 100mg/25ml), starting dose of 250mcg and take it from there, as reports seem to say its 10-15x more potent in effect than fent, does this sound right?

I would start lower because 250ug would kill someone non-tolerant. I mean I realize you have a massive tolerance but you should start low, at the bottom of the dosage range. You can always add more after a bit, but you can't undo what you took. What if it affects you differently than you expect? 250ug could kill you, even though it's entirely likely it would work for you. Why risk it? Just start low and work up. And be damn sure you've got your volumes correct when making a solution.

I'd start at like 20ug. If you don't feel it, you'll know you can take more.

Ty for the reply, aye your right mate like they say can always do more but cant do less. Only problem is i'd rather not make more than 1 solution, though i can manage 2, i'll make the first 10mg/10ml and start off tiny like ya say and when i find my dose il make a solution with the rest.

I'll report back to this thread with me results, found info fuckin hard to find about carfent V glad i found this thread, thanks OP!

Made a solution with 3.3mg/ml & will copy n paste me use (aint i good wrote it all down in a notepad file ) (PLEASE BEAR IN MIND IF YOU ARE WANTING TO TRY CARFENT THAT I HAVE A STUPIDLY HIGH TOLERANCE)

1. 13:30 Did 0.5 units IV
Felt something but not very strong, bit of a rush bit of a feeling

2. 13:40 1 unit (.33mg)
Seem to feel less that 1, nah i take that back feel sedated & fentanylly effects might give it half an hour before 3 though, 1.5 unit or 2 unit? hmmm

3 14:00 2 units (.66mg)
Bit stronger, didnt notice a rush but noticing effects, nice and warm

4. 14:30 - 3 units (1mg)
Again a bit stronger, didn't feel much of a rush but v warm and gouching slightly. Gonna try 1 more with 4 units that shiuld do it

5. 15:00 - 4 units (1.32mg)
Again stronger but not quite there

Am i right with calling them units? CC? What dya call them measurements marked ont syringe?

To be continued...

Current carfentanyl user-NEED withdrawal info!

Hi!

I am a decade-long opiate/opioid user, chemist by profession and am recently taking Carfentanyl recreationally. If you like,
you can ask me anything about it since there is sooo many misinformation around.

I have been reading about the substance for years, also here, on opiophile and many other pages on the net. Being one/the of the most closely watched opioids in the world that are commercially available, (For example even zoos having additional rules that they apply to their
usual controlled substances rules like only handling it with two people, having antidote at hand, etc..) it seemed almost impossible to get
some human first-hand experience in actually using the substance. (Yes, I also read the story of someone buying it in a mexican pharmacy..
haha!).
I am also very experienced with fentanyl and its various analogues, from an academic view to synthesis to personal usage. Since I have taken about every opioid in the world that could be prescribed for my condition or to feed my habit, I have a very broad view in the field of fentanyls, also since I have chosen them years ago to become my way to go as an opiophile person since it has so many advantages. (Cheap, good painkiller, not making me too tired (stimulating me!), easy to have a lifelong supply if you can control their usage a little, not being organotoxic at all, etc..). The only thing that limits the mother compound´s (fentanyl) recreational value a bit is its lack of euphoria, or at least little.

So, to be honest I never thought that one day I actually will hold some carfentanyl in my hands, It is very,very, controlled, very rare (DEA quota for 2015 was 19g, so proliferation is almost unthinkable of) and its synthesis compared to fentanyl is much more demanding, but not impossible.. the precursors are mostly unwatched.
As some might have noticed, carfentanyl has actually turned up lately in some heroin batches, presumably imported from china as one 1kg! seizure from canadian police showed.
So, about a month ago I held 25mg of the substance in my hands. It is claimed to be pure, which I back up since it is totally crystalline and under the microscope the crystals look very clean, uniform and almost like table salt (but off course no cubic crystalline arrangement).
I didn´t do any further purity checks since I don´t have access to any analytical gear at the moment, but as I said I have a profession in the field, and I know when I have a pure substance, especially when its crystalline.

So, lets talk a little about carfentanyls properties.
First, it is an anilopiperidine derivate, with a 4-carbxcylic acid methylester modification on the fentanyl molecule. This changes its ANALGETICAL
potency 100-fold to the mother compund, fentanyl. Why I put analgetical in capitals? well, this is about recreational use. More on this later.
Carfentanyl has a Ki value for the mu-opioid receptor of 0.024 which is very high, but also some decent kappa receptor binding affinity.(Binding DB)
What can be pointed out here is that its therapeutic index is also, very high (about 10.000, fentanyl has 700) which is the quotient of minimum effective dose (50% of test subjects) and the lethal dose (also 50% of subjects) with respiration failure/depression being the most prominent toxic effect. So it is actually quite safe !!
Carfentanyl is stronger hypnosedative under analgesic equivalent doses as fentanyl. The threshold dose of carfentanyl in humans, visible when the first effects such as analgesia and sedation occur is in the range of about 1-2 micrograms, an effective dose can be 8-15 micrograms and higher doses are highly sedating and sleep inducing. At doses ranging from 50-100 micrograms it comes to loss of consciousness.
(Human with no opioid dependence. This claim is from german Wikipedia and I back this up highly from my experience.. besides the doses of course since I have tolerance).

So, what about Carfentanyl in my system?

Ok, I weighed 10mg of the substance, dissolved it in water/IPA mixture and dosed 100µg on a sheet of aluminium foil. I went by the claim that it is 100times stronger than fentanyl so that would be an equivalent of 10mg of fentanyl. A good dose for me. The dose was almost invisible on the foil after the solvent evaporated. I am aware of thermal decomposition when smoking, but if anything it would lessen the probability of overdose AND I don´t do IV usually, so this was the best way to compare before/after quick.
Well, I only felt a tiny bit of it, almost subtle. So up the dose one order of magnitude. At 1000µg I really felt the opiate effect, I would say that I got almost to the point which 10mg of fentanyl do to me.
So, for recreational use I would say that the potency is more like 10-15 times of fentanyl. Some days later I had a long planned surgery and had a needle in my arm anyways. So I put 1mg of carfentanyl in some saline and used IV. It gave my a like 0-20 seconds delayed feeling of comfort and warmth, so good and intense I didn´t have of any opiate for years. Very, very pleasant and off course very, very strong. The effects also lasted very very long. Longer than those of fentanyl. I somewhere read that it is 3 times slower metabolized (plasma half life of around 12h) than fentanyl which I back up by my experience. Some minutes later I felt asleep for like an hour, so yes, it is very sedating. I also felt euphoria, something I usually don´t get so much by plain fentanyl.
As you see, my main point why I write this is to say that it is not 100times stronger than fentanyl (for rec use). I´d say 10-15 times stronger.
But when you see where those claims come from, papers where the most common way of determining the potency is by the so called tail-flick test. Mice/rats are put on a hot plate (50°C) and it is measured how often they lick their tails or try to lift it from the plate in order too cool it.
The more potent the analgesic, the less they fell the heat, the less they flick the tail. So this is clearly an analgesic potency test.
When trying around while in hospital I also started at 10µg IV and I felt only subtle psychoactive effects, BUT I noticed my surgical pain vanish quite quick after using. So much for that.

Bottomline:

It replaced my choice of #1 opiate for me, which was fentanyl :)
It is cheaper, stronger, longer lasting, has higher safety margin(!!!),and induces euphoria. The comedown is easy and I din´t notice a higher tolerance buildup than straight fentanyl after 100mgs of usage so far. (they lasted about 25 days for me and that was heavy use). So if you take it on not too hard maybe 10g will last you a whole decade, probably more.
This stuff is getting very hard bashing from the media lately with very exaggerated claims because of the high overdose rate that occured in Ohio.
Most of the time when fentanyl-laced heroin does cause many overdoses it is because of bad mixing. I see this as a problem since this carfentanyl HCl´s occurence is very granular and not fine at all. But if you have the pure substance, you know what you are doing and with basic lab techniques it is very, very handleable. (talking of personal use!)
If you have any questions regarding first-hand experience by someone who most of the time knows what he´s doing, ask me anything!

To begin, I support and personally validate the data and experience that p2np shared regarding carfentanyl pretty much exactly. I also appreciate your detailed analysis and account in explaining and using the substance. I have been an opiate user for about 4 years and have only utilized the smoking/inhalation method with each type of opiate. Started with heroin, moved to fentanyl, and recently have began smoking carfentanyl for about 3 months. I was told it was regular fentanyl until I took a small hit of about 2 small grains (size of sea salt) and began to nod off for about an hour. I would have passed out if my boyfriend didn't keep waking me up. Therefore, while I am not a scientist and cannot validate the safety, I would suggest you be an experienced user with a high tolerance to even try it (and remember I only smoke). So if you're questioning your tolerance level and haven't used fentanyl, I wouldn't suggest taking the risk, but that's just my opinion. I do agree that it probably is not 100x stronger than fentanyl, that seemed a little exaggerated according to my experience. I want to add that I do not know the exact purity or potency levels of what I have obviously, but can attest to the appearance, high, and strength matching p2np's description. I would agree that tolerance builds quickly and I can handle a larger amount, but still only need a few hits to get high. And again I would agree with the high, it is not as euphoric as heroin but definitely relaxing and since it is so potent, a small amount can still be sedating for me.

I have gotten off of opiates a few times throughout the years, only to keep relapsing. As you stated, the data presented in the media and program sites is quite scary. As I am planning to get off the opiates for awhile as my boyfriend and I are quite successful in our careers and we do not want to lose what we have built. Since we have quit in the past both cold turkey and using subs, we obviously are not looking forward to it. Also, given the information currently provided on carfentanyl, we got even more scared about what we were in for and are contemplating entering a detox program.

Thus, my primary reason for posting this and contacting you is to understand more about the withdrawal. Provided your knowledge and experience, can you explain to me what you know about the withdrawal process and contributing factors that affect the intensity, duration, and type of symptoms when withdrawaling from opiates? Also, you stated in your experience, the withdrawal was "easier" with carfentanyl? Please elaborate! Can you or anyone who has experienced getting off carfentanyl explain the symptoms, severity, and duration? And compare to heroin and fentanyl please? Do I need to spend a bunch of money on detoxing through a program or should I taper, cold turkey, subs, or methadone? I've just read that subs and merhadone don't have much effect due to the high potency of carfent. I am currently smoking on average around 2-4 mg or about 20-30 grains per day. PLEASE help if you have any suggestions, I need to decide asap!

Thank you for any input!

Last edited:
Be very careful! Theres been a carfentanyl epidemic up here in Canada. 1000's have lost their lives due to the heroine being adulterated with carfentanyl, or carfentanyl being sold as heroin.
This is very tragic and sad.
So I urge caution. Dont play with this stuff at all. Its safer to do heroin.

Better yet, get on suboxone or methadone. You dont want to be another casualty

In my opinion this shit is pure fucking evil. However. I have used carfentanyl 6 times intravenously, and I never died... But im not taking my chances... I would never give this shit to my worst enemy

"It is claimed to be pure, which I back up since it is totally crystalline and under the microscope the crystals look very clean, uniform and almost like table salt " Having it be totally crystalline looking under a microscope is not an indictor of purity. Since you have a profession in the field I would imagine you would be well aware of this fact. Next time you get a sample of said substance you should get it professionally tested say through XTC data and then link us to the results.
that's exàctly what I did

To begin, I support and personally validate the data and experience that p2np shared regarding carfentanyl pretty much exactly. I also appreciate your detailed analysis and account in explaining and using the substance. I have been an opiate user for about 4 years and have only utilized the smoking/inhalation method with each type of opiate. Started with heroin, moved to fentanyl, and recently have began smoking carfentanyl for about 3 months. I was told it was regular fentanyl until I took a small hit of about 2 small grains (size of sea salt) and began to nod off for about an hour. I would have passed out if my boyfriend didn't keep waking me up. Therefore, while I am not a scientist and cannot validate the safety, I would suggest you be an experienced user with a high tolerance to even try it (and remember I only smoke). So if you're questioning your tolerance level and haven't used fentanyl, I wouldn't suggest taking the risk, but that's just my opinion. I do agree that it probably is not 100x stronger than fentanyl, that seemed a little exaggerated according to my experience. I want to add that I do not know the exact purity or potency levels of what I have obviously, but can attest to the appearance, high, and strength matching p2np's description. I would agree that tolerance builds quickly and I can handle a larger amount, but still only need a few hits to get high. And again I would agree with the high, it is not as euphoric as heroin but definitely relaxing and since it is so potent, a small amount can still be sedating for me. I have gotten off of opiates a few times throughout the years, only to keep relapsing. As you stated, the data presented in the media and program sites is quite scary. As I am planning to get off the opiates for awhile as my boyfriend and I are quite successful in our careers and we do not want to lose what we have built. Since we have quit in the past both cold turkey and using subs, we obviously are not looking forward to it. Also, given the information currently provided on carfentanyl, we got even more scared about what we were in for and are contemplating entering a detox program. Thus, my primary reason for posting this and contacting you is to understand more about the withdrawal. Provided your knowledge and experience, can you explain to me what you know about the withdrawal process and contributing factors that affect the intensity, duration, and type of symptoms when withdrawaling from opiates? Also, you stated in your experience, the withdrawal was "easier" with carfentanyl? Please elaborate! Can you or anyone who has experienced getting off carfentanyl explain the symptoms, severity, and duration? And compare to heroin and fentanyl please? Do I need to spend a bunch of money on detoxing through a program or should I taper, cold turkey, subs, or methadone? I've just read that subs and merhadone don't have much effect due to the high potency of carfent. I am currently smoking on average around 2-4 mg or about 20-30 grains per day. PLEASE help if you have any suggestions, I need to decide asap! Thank you for any input!
Withdrawal is not a lot worse than regular fentanyl, which is short and fucking hell. But short, couple of days. Get methadone, dose depends on dosages you used, but no super high MMT is needed either, 80mg was fine for me.A week, perhaps ten days maximum. Not the spectacular media BS.

By far the best comment I've read on here, is refreshing to hear something other than people that have zero first hand experience telling people to flush it down the toilet! I regularly smoke acetyl fentanyl on foil I tend to put around 100mg down and smoke it till I'm nodding (doesn't take long) how much would you suggest I put down on the foil of carfentanil???????? If you could be so kind to email me the answer I don't come on here very often due to , the "flush it down the toilet people" would be greatly appreciated dude [email protected] :)

I'm an experienced opiate used I'm on 60mg of methadone daily and I use acetyl fentanyl one day fortnight when I smoke a gram in 24 hours , I put 100mg of the foil at a time , can anyone advise me on how and how much carfentanil to smoke .. Also I thought I might dissolve it in methanol and saturate some manitol or lactose in it dry then mix again do you think that will work without hot spots when doing up a small batch????????

It would certainly be better to dilute it. As you know, carfentanyl is far more potent than acetylfentanyl. If you get it wrong, it's going to be much easier to overdose than it will on acetyl.

Careful man. Not gonna tell you not to do it, and I'm not a person who thinks carfentanyl is an inherently bad drug. But it IS extraordinarily potent, and as such, is more dangerous to use without proper precautions. Your idea to dilute it sounds like it's likely good but I can't say for sure it is. Maybe try the Other Drugs forum, if you're worried about people telling you to flush it, whatever, ignore those people. Someone will probably be able to give you a good answer.

Sounds like you're pretty cavalier about your acetylfentanyl usage method (and you have a massive tolerance, damn), which is pretty dangerous already since it's easy to overdose on all the -fentanyls, but you want to be a lot safer with carfentanyl simply because of the potency.