• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Cocaine vs Smoking Crack

dce_edu

Greenlighter
Obviously this has been discussed but I haven't seen any good answers really.
I want to know how similar IV cocaine feels to smoking crack. Honestly I think snorting it and shooting it (the 2 ROAs I've tried) feel almost like different drugs. Is crack similar to shooting it? Does it last longer? Shorter? Does the rush feel better or not as good? What do you think is more addictive?

PS shooting crack isn't any different than shooting cocaine HCl, is it?

Thanks! I look forward to reading your replies!!

In my experience IV Coke is far more of a intense rush then smoking rock is and thus is far more compulsive then smoking Crack as well. I smoked Crack before i snorted Coke oddly enough and i was a frequent user on and off for a long time. I never became truly addicted to Crack however and after the Crack was gone the wanting for more was usually no more then a passing feeling. Certainly nothing i couldn't handle.

So when people told me that IVing Coke was more addictive and packed more of a rush then smoking rock did i sort of shrugged it off. I had heard that IVing Coke almost made it another drug and had always passed this off as bullshit. As i sadly found out though there was truth to that. IV Coke really is a whole other addiction entirely and was by far the most destructive one i had. I shot the stuff up for a good 6 months and along with fucking my veins more with a single weeks worth of IV coke then years of IV Opiates i totally fucked my brain as well. It turned me into a psychotic mess who was living for that bell ringer.

So the short answer is IV Coke is more similar to smoking Crack then snorting it but is both stronger and more intense then both. As for shooting Crack i have never done it but all your doing is breaking down the Cocaine base with Vitamin C. If your shooting up say Ammonia made Crack then you will need to use less as there will be less cut but there is no difference really between shooting the HCL and the base. Just do not under any circumstances use anything other then sterile Vitamin C for shooting Crack. Some people use Vinegar and even Lemon juice which has a bacteria that can easily cause blindness or even death. Vitamin C is not great on your veins either but they do hand out packets of it at the needle exchange as sterile packets of Vitamin C is the safest way to shoot up Crack. Personally i don't see the point in ruining my veins in a even worse way then just shooting the powder.

The highs both rival each other I think it boils down to individual preferance

I'm curious how much coke you have to shoot to get a better rush than crack... I've only tried shooting a handful of times and didn't get much of a rush at all. Just got super paranoid. But maybe I didn't do enough? I heard it didn't take much, so I shot maybe a small to average size line, which I thought would be more than enough. Maybe the coke was shitty? But I snorted it and it seemed so/so.

Well. Its the same drug. Crack is just freebase cocaine. So shooting crack isn't actually shooting crack, you turn it into the salt form to shoot it, cocaine citrate. It all boils down to how much cocaine is in the shot and cocaine is notoriously impure so it all depends on how pure your coke/crack is and how much you shoot.

You can fit way more cocaine into a syringe than you could ever ingest in an inhale from crack so shooting it is potentially the most efficient and intense method of ingestion.

They are both very much alike. I am addicted to both, more so to crack though. I think they are both very addicting, and I would stick with sniffing it if I were you.. Once you start IV coke, you probably wont want to sniff it again though. That rush from IV coke, if it is good, is incredible, but its hard to space out the shots you are taking. If you can wait at least an hour between each shot you do, you will get a rush each time, but it still wont be as intense from going from baseline to coked up in one second, from that first one, the longer you space them out the better.

Crack is only as good as IV coke if you use the proper technique, there is way you need to hit it that makes it different than just smoking weed or something. I usually use a regular old glass straight stem with chore boy at the other end to put the hard onto, some people like to melt in on top of the brill or chore boy, before taking there hit, but I don't find it really helps, I just use the lowest heat possible, taking the lighter on and off the underside of the pipe where the crack sits, and is turned to oil/resin. Take a big enough hit to have a lung full of smoke/vapor, crack is actually vaporized when you smoke it... Try to have the pipe at an upward angle when you light it as I said with low heat, taking the flame on and off, don't leave it on the entire time, or you will vaporize it too quick. After the first touch with the lighter, usually right after you hear the crackling sound stop, start pointing the pipe at a downward angle, rotating it back and forth while moving it from an upward angle, to just straight, then downward, then bring it back up again to a straight upward angle toward the end of the hit. Try your hardest to hold the crack vapor in as long as possible, like 30 secs, then if it is good quality product, you will get an intense rush, sometimes better than IV coke IME, its all in your technique and the quality of each one.

In my case though being a user of both IV coke and smoking crack, again I will say they are much very alike.

In my 20s, before I switched exclusively to dope, I used coke (snorting) and smoking Crack off and on. It wasn't until I decided to try using coke by IV that I ran into all kinds of problems. Up until then, I could pretty much take or leave it, but once I started in with the needle...
I found the rush/high much more intense, and I had zero sense of control. It brought me to my knees in a mtater of weeks, and led me to my first rehab because I felt suicidal.
Although I've done coke occasionally since then (19 years ago), it has NEVER been IV. Anyone who goes this route, I would advise extreme caution. It can definitely blindside you.

I use to smoke a little bit of crack there n there on Sunday days with my old neighbor he's a good dude but would never touch the needle. 1 times a week tops. Just feel the crack in your system :) got me through the week.

I used to do both very frequently. Heres my input:

IV coke is by far more powerful, and in my opinion a better rush. There was a time when I thought smoking crack was a waste because the rush from IV cocaine is one of my favorite things on this planet. However, If you've IV'ed a lot of coke you've probably done too big a shot and know that IT IS THE SCARIEST FUCKING EXPERIENCE ON THIS PLANET WHEN YOU SHOOT TOO MUCH COKE! So for that very reason, I actually now prefer smoking crack. If you get good rock, and smoke a big ol chunk, you will get a great rush/ringer.

Short answer: I prefer smoking crack for two reasons. One, the rush from good quality is awesome. Two, it is a hell of a lot safer than slammin coke!

Both will ruin your life tho lol. Be safe!

^^^ VC you just made me feel so uncomfortable I felt like barfing and shitting ? so hard with reliving the memory of doing too big a shot of coke is the scariest fucking experience!!! Ooooffff. Seeing stars, train running through the head, way too lightheaded short of breath heart pounding so hard it’s close to breaking out through the rib cage and flopping around all off beat at the same time....I’m so thankful for that compulsion and those days being behind me

Crack is NOT Freebase, Freebase cooked with Ammonia and when cleaned in the right ways clear of all Ammonia left overs, leaving which a way more powerful product than what Crack gives you, which is not as clean and still containing Baking Soda, which Crack is cooked with.

In my experience you can only shoot up Coke that is less than 60% pure at least, or you will OD for sure.

So shooting up Coke is only a habit formed in places with very poor quality HCL Cocaine.

You can NOT in any way shoot up Crack Cocaine, which is only able to be smoked.

Smoking Coke to me is also only for people who can't get their hands on high quality Coke, since the rush of high quality Coke is just as intense and feeling way more clean, pure and natural than when smoked and lasting up to two or even three full hours instead of just twenty minutes and not followed by any kind of crash whatsoever when snorting high quality HCL Coke. When smoked, you can't even enjoy the rush as you need to keep smoking because the effects fade away just as fast as they came out to play.

Just either wash your Coke with Acetone, get high quality uncut Coke and snort it or keep with high quality Meth - which, as with every drug, only few go totally down and under because of using Meth, any sane person knows how far he can take a certain drug - Cocaine, being a soft-drug, you can take pretty far, drugs like Meth or Heroin which are also physiologically addictive are a way different story...!

^ when you say you can not shoot up crack, do you mean as in that you have to alter crack to a shootable version of coke yh? cause i have seen and also shot up crack

You can't shoot up crack. You would have to break it down back into coke. Crack is cooked up hard coke.

Crack is cocaine freebase, which has lousy water solubility, hence non-injectable. What is referred to as "coke" or "powder cocaine" is actually cocaine in salt form, hydrochloride usually. Salts have good water solubility, so you can easily IV that. You can convert freebase into salt with an acid (vinegar perhaps), and the salt into freebase with a base (like baking soda or ammonia).

Crack is a base, but not Freebase, as Crack is cooked with Baking Soda and Freebase, if cleaned well so that there is no Ammonia left in the end product, is much more pure and stronger than Crack, as Crack got it's name from the cracking sound it makes when smoked, due to the amount of Baking Soda as well as cuts left in the end product - Crack is typically sold in the USA while Freebase is European (in general), good Freebase well cleaned is rare tho... It's no longer absorbed in water once a base, you need hydrochlorid to shoot up.

As others have already stated... IV coke is a far more intense rush than crack.
Crack's high is similar to IV (getting a bell ringer/the trains which is actually tinnitus) but not as intense.
I remember how awesome an IV hit felt but I also know that using intravenously is addictive itself. So I forgo the needle and stick to my pipe.

Crack is a base, but not Freebase, as Crack is cooked with Baking Soda and Freebase, if cleaned well so that there is no Ammonia left in the end product, is much more pure and stronger than Crack, as Crack got it's name from the cracking sound it makes when smoked, due to the amount of Baking Soda as well as cuts left in the end product - Crack is typically sold in the USA while Freebase is European (in general), good Freebase well cleaned is rare tho... It's no longer absorbed in water once a base, you need hydrochlorid to shoot up.

A drug freebase refers to a drug that has a basic group (such as the amine nitrogens in morphine/heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine etc) in which the basic group is not protonated, i.e it hasn't been reacted with an acid. Acids protonate bases, and if you combine an acid with a drug that has a basic group, they will react to form the corresponding salt (more correct, the conjugate acid, as now the protonated cocaine is an acid that can protonate bases). You get cocaine freebase regardless of the base you use to do it - be it soda, lye, ammonia, whatever. Basic chemistry, hombre.

i think this is some of the most ridiculous shit ive ever read. alot of junkies shoot coke and get very good quality. so idk where you came up with the conclusion that shooting coke is a "habit formed in places with bad quality". sounds like ur the type of person who just researches a lot and doesnt have much personal experience. And u claim sniffing high quality hcl is just as intense as smoking rock? ha no way pal. idk what the hell yall do out in amsterdam, but in U.S and Canada, youll find a dealer in ever ghetto who sells 10 bags of hi quality powder just for the ppl who shoot it. its very common. sniffing coke is in no way shape or form EVEN CLOSE to as powerful as IV or smoked. Youre a silly man

i think this is some of the most ridiculous shit ive ever read. alot of junkies shoot coke and get very good quality. so idk where you came up with the conclusion that shooting coke is a "habit formed in places with bad quality".
I don't think that's wrong. Yes people are gonna IV coke in any case, but people stuck with bad quality shit who don't feel much from snorting are more likely to shoot it to get the feeling they want.

To the OP: crack and cocaine are pharmacology the same thing, assuming you're comparing the same purity, and IV of anything is almost always the most intense MOA. Just ask any experienced H user whether smoking or slamming it feels better.