• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2016/2017 fantasy football thread v. not the bl league

alasdairm

Moderator: S&T
Staff member
football is here! fantasy football is here! so excited.

i'm in the eighth year of my 10-person league and we drafted tuesday. pretty happy with my draft. i was #3 and picked: rb; wr; wr; rb; wr; wr; te; rb; wr; qb; wr; qb; k; wr; te; rb; dst.

here's my line-up:

qb: derek carr
wr: brandon marshall
wr: brandin cooks
wr: randall cobb
rb: david johnson
rb: latavius murray
te: coby fleener
flex: marvin jones jr.

k: justin tucker
dst: philadelphia eagles
dst: new england patriots

bn: duke johnson jr.
bn: sterling shepard
bn: mohamed sanu
bn: dak prescott
bn: bilal powell
bn: kirk cousins

who else is playing? who you got?

alasdair

give coby fleener another chance or start dennis pitta?

alasdair

sorry, I'm late on the question. What'd you end up doing? I would probably give Pitta a start, I haven't seen much from Fleener this year.

this is my team in my big money league.

Auction style draft w/ $200 limit -- 2 QB start, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, D

ff_team.png

football is here! fantasy football is here! so excited.

i'm in the eighth year of my 10-person league and we drafted tuesday. pretty happy with my draft. i was #3 and picked: rb; wr; wr; rb; wr; wr; te; rb; wr; qb; wr; qb; k; wr; te; rb; dst.

here's my line-up:

qb: derek carr
wr: brandon marshall
wr: brandin cooks
wr: randall cobb
rb: david johnson
rb: latavius murray

te: coby fleener
flex: marvin jones jr.

k: justin tucker
dst: philadelphia eagles
dst: new england patriots

bn: duke johnson jr.
bn: sterling shepard
bn: mohamed sanu
bn: dak prescott
bn: bilal powell
bn: kirk cousins

who else is playing? who you got?

alasdair

I like your RB's /// think B. Powell could do very well if/when Forte gets hurt. I'm not sold on Carr as a QB but he has some weapons and is talented. Following statistical trends 7th Round QB is the most championship wins, so I think you might have waited a bit too long, but nothing that can't be overcome. WRs seem pretty avg to me but Marshall Cooks and Cobb are strong starters.

I really like M Jones Jr and have as many shares of him as I could get in all of my leagues. I've been on his side for a couple years now. I tried very hard in auction to get him, but I think he went over $20, when I was a bit strapped.

sorry, I'm late on the question. What'd you end up doing? I would probably give Pitta a start, I haven't seen much from Fleener this year.
i started fleener to give him one last chance to show me something. pitta had 5.70 points so the bar is set low this week. if he can't score 7 or 8 points against atlanta, i'm done with him.

huge day for marvin jones in my line up - 205 yards and 2 tds!

david johnson and sterling shephard also had good days and, as usual, justin tucker outscored half my team :)

alasdair

so fucking tough some times. so i went with my gut and trusted coby fleener to finally produce. he scored me 18.65 points. awesome right?

the guy i was playing had one guy left. i had two. only he had tevin coleman who scored 27.65 points. i also had brandin cooks who scored 2.4 points - i lost my matchup by 1.4 points :(

alasdair

ooof.

TY Hilton won for me by 1.5 on that last 60+ yard TD Catch.

so fucking tough some times. so i went with my gut and trusted coby fleener to finally produce. he scored me 18.65 points. awesome right?

the guy i was playing had one guy left. i had two. only he had tevin coleman who scored 27.65 points. i also had brandin cooks who scored 2.4 points - i lost my matchup by 1.4 points :(

alasdair

Desmond trufant, Falcons only great defensive player, shadowed him basically the entire game.

I lost my first game too because of ty hiltons 60 yard td with 1 min left in that game :(
All our players had played so I just needed that games time to run out

Desmond trufant, Falcons only great defensive player, shadowed him basically the entire game.

I lost my first game too because of ty hiltons 60 yard td with 1 min left in that game :(
All our players had played so I just needed that games time to run out

i won b/c of hilton and julio doing shit
ty also helped me barely win 34 dollars on draft kings
my old high school team won fri, gophs won sat, rams and my only fantasy team for 8 years goin' won all in same weekend

WHY DO I CARE SO MUCH?!?!?!
i',m just a pathetic toad boy

only legit dopamine drip i got was from LA..god damn, i'm too old to let this shit be so nerve wrecking.....with watching two wins come down to defense ending game on field up by less than 7 with opponents in striking distance

man, i came into monday night behind in my match by 41.44 points. i had two players - brandon marshall and david johnson. a tall order but definitely not impossible.

i scored 40.3 points and lost by 1.14 points. tough to watch them yank dj at the end when all i needed was 11 yards or 1 rec for 9 yards...

on to week 7...

alasdair

^ i picked him up in week 3 and played him for 3 weeks (13.10pts, 14.15pts and 15.8pts) then traded him. he's scored 1.85pts, 1.90pts and 0.00pts since. probably my best moves of the season.

he was special. for about 15 minutes :)

my qb is on a bye this week so i went with flacco as the stream. pretty happy with his 28pts last night. also needed a wr for the week so stacked him with steve smith sr. which worked out.

but i'm 2-7 in my league. in all 7 of my losses, i've played the team which sored the most points that week and, in all but 1 case, i would have beaten every other team in the league that week :(

onwards.

alasdair

^same, flacco got me 30 in mine. i went with carr late instead of taking a QB early. definitely paid off and am #1 atm at 6-3 :)

that's the absolute worst when your team does awesome yet you play the 1 team better

yep - i really liked carr for my qb and got him in the 10th round! i was picking third and got david johnson in round 1 - so stoked. he's a stud.

alasdair

in a 12 team league somehow i was able to get OBJ and gronk with the 6th pick in a snake draft. they were both top on the board and people were passing on them.

OBJ started slow and gronk was hurt in the beginning, but both are doing great for me now. deangelo williams saved me the first two weeks and marvin jones the 3rd

^ i picked him up in week 3 and played him for 3 weeks (13.10pts, 14.15pts and 15.8pts) then traded him. he's scored 1.85pts, 1.90pts and 0.00pts since. probably my best moves of the season.

he was special. for about 15 minutes :)

my qb is on a bye this week so i went with flacco as the stream. pretty happy with his 28pts last night. also needed a wr for the week so stacked him with steve smith sr. which worked out.

but i'm 2-7 in my league. in all 7 of my losses, i've played the team which sored the most points that week and, in all but 1 case, i would have beaten every other team in the league that week :(

onwards.

alasdair

He's been injured ali

I've been doing daily fantasy here and there

Squad for this Sunday *atm*

QB- Tyrod Taylor (vJAX, $7,700)
RB1- Jay Ajayi (vSF, 8,400)
RB2-DeMarco Murray(@Chi,8300
WR1- Julio Jones (vAri, 8,700)
WR2- Mike Wallace (vCin, 6700)
WR3- John Brown (@Atl, 5,600)
TE- Gary Barnidge (vNYG,4,800)
K- Cairo Santos (@Den, $4,800)
D/ST- Bills (v Jax, $4,800)

Tyrod Taylor is the wild card here. Hopefully LeSean McCoy doesn't get as many carries due to his hand injury or w/e and tyrod can get the tds, running or passing idc

hoping john brown and mike Wallace can get a long TD catch between the two of them. Two would be nice

Figured Cleveland has to throw to someone whether it's a close game or a blowout (garbage yards are still yards whoomp whoomp) and barnidge was pretty cheap

Cairo Santos: kicker on an Andy Reid team in what should be a defensive minded game in a high altitude stadium.

Bills D can get some turnovers off Jacksonville hopefully. Blake Bortles is usually good for an INT a game and has been known to throw a pick 6 every now and then

The rest don't really need an explanation IMO

thing with barnidge is that McCown is gonna be the QB this week and he actually throws to him and is the reason he broke out last year. might be able to do good this week

Yeah, for the price he seemed like a good player to save money on

The only one I'm on the fence about is john brown. He hasn't really done much this year but the falcons pass defense is pretty bad.

So he's either due for some points or he's just really not that good this year.

I just hope the cardinals don't get down fast because then Atlanta will just take away the deep passes and give them shit underneath which fits Larry Fitzgerald a lot better