• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2016/2017 fantasy football thread v. not the bl league

Trufant might still be out too and he's their best player on defense and only good CB.

when falcons dominate early the game usually ends up being a super close shootout with them sometimes losing.

i'm scared of david johnson, so im thinking this one will be close the whole way through. their run d has been pathetic lately.

I've been doing daily fantasy here and there

Squad for this Sunday *atm*

QB- Tyrod Taylor (vJAX, $7,700)
RB1- Jay Ajayi (vSF, 8,400)
RB2-DeMarco Murray(@Chi,8300
WR1- Julio Jones (vAri, 8,700)
WR2- Mike Wallace (vCin, 6700)
WR3- John Brown (@Atl, 5,600)
TE- Gary Barnidge (vNYG,4,800)
K- Cairo Santos (@Den, $4,800)
D/ST- Bills (v Jax, $4,800)

nice. not sure about john brown. don't get me wrong, i love the cardinals' receiving corp. but, beyond larry fitzgerald, it's hard to predicted who's going to get the targets each week. i am just grateful i have david johnson on my fantasy team :)

my draftkings lineup this week:

qb - ryan tannehill (v. sf, $5500)
rb - david johnson (@ atl, $8900)
rb - spencer ware (@ den, $6100)
wr - steve smith sr. (v. cin, $6000)
wr - devante parker (v. sf, $4700)
wr - sterling shepherd (@ cle, $5500)
te - tyler eifert (@ bal, $5600)
flex - tyler boyd (@ bal, $4000)
dst - dolphins (v. sf, $3300)

good luck.

alasdair

I'm on fanduel and they don't have a flex position so it's a bit different

I'm just gonna stick with john brown, although Tyler Boyd is an option for me as well as Travis Benjamin and Kenny Stills

And yeah, I hope David Johnson has a great game yards wise. I hope he averages over 6 yards a carry

So it sets up the cardinals for a play action deep pass to john brown for the TOUCHHHHDDDOOOOWWWNNN

Fanduel wants 9,500 dollars for David Johnson which seems outrageous to me for one player

Last edited:
that does seem excessive but he's one of the best rb in football and he's going against a pretty average atlanta run defense. when you take into account his receiving out of the backfield, he's a ppr monster. he has 47 receptions for 510 yards and two TD.

that's 10 fewer receptions for 230 more yards and one more touchdown than... john brown :)

good luck today.

alasdair

me too.

tannehill, johnson and eifert had good days. but sterling shepherd had a great matchup and did nothing. steve smith sr. too...

oh well.

losing my fantasy match up today too. new orleans scored 49 pts and brandin cooks didn't have a single reception :(

alasdair

Last edited:
it was one of those games where the defense tried hard to stop julio with peterson shadowing him and safeties hinting to his side as well, which opens up everything for everyone else on the offense.

devonta freeman and tevin coleman in the run game, and taylor gabriel in the passing have proven that teams cant be 100% focused on julio because falcons are now 4-0 when julio has 35 yards or less.

cant believe gabriel was cut by the browns lol

Cheap WRs I'm looking at this week

Anquan Boldin (5,000) @NO

Torrey Smith (4,800) @CHI

Jermaine Kearse (4,600) vs CAR

I feel like Boldin is the safest choice

Lineup (subject to change)

QB- Russell Wilson
$7,700 vs CAR

RB1- LeSean McCoy
$8,400 @ OAK

RB2- LeGarrette Blount
$6,600 vs LA

WR1- Mike Evans
$8,500 @ SD

WR2- Demaryius Thomas
$7,100 @ JAX

WR3- Anquan Boldin
$5,000 @ NO

TE- Travis Kelce
$6,300 @ATL

K- Sebastian Janikowski
$4,800 vs BUF

D/ST- Seahawks
$5,100 vs CAR

^ good luck!

i went with:

qb - drew brees, v. det, $7600
rb - david johnson, v.was, $9500
rb - jordan howard, v. sf, $6900
wr - brandin cooks, v. det, $6400
wr - tyreek hill, @ atl, $4600
wr - malcolm mitchell, v. la, $3600
te - cj fiedorowicz, @ gb, $3800
flex - kenneth dixon, v. mia, $3700
dst - broncos, @ jax, $3900

alasdair

malcolm mitchell eh?

dont really know him well, you think he can become a favorite of brady's? i see he's done good past two weeks

i think with gronk out, he's a steal at $3600.

that said, rams have a stout pass defense and a less-than-stellar run defense so i expect blount and lewis to have good days. but he has to throw the ball too and mitchell is 9 of 12 for 140yds and 3 touchdowns in the last 2 games. i think his floor is maybe 80 yards and his upside is 100yds and a couple of scores.

alasdair

Paxton Lynch is starting for the Broncos I'm starting to waffle on Demaryius Thomas

^ yep.

how about det vs. no instead? anquan boldin is getting targets and he's a value pick at $5000. that would free up $2100 you could use to upgrade your qb. not crazy about wilson...

alasdair

i think with gronk out, he's a steal at $3600.

that said, rams have a stout pass defense and a less-than-stellar run defense so i expect blount and lewis to have good days. but he has to throw the ball too and mitchell is 9 of 12 for 140yds and 3 touchdowns in the last 2 games. i think his floor is maybe 80 yards and his upside is 100yds and a couple of scores.

alasdair

i picked him up in my fantasy league last night and dropped gronk. he seems like he's got potential and had to pick someone up anyways

Vance McDonald is my TE now :(

If i win this week, I'm in playoffs. Lose and I'm out.

Paxton Lynch is starting for the Broncos I'm starting to waffle on Demaryius Thomas

yeah, thomas is having his worst year in a long time and when falcons played broncos trufant shadowed emmanuel sanders instead of thomas which is saying something imo

^ yep.

how about det vs. no instead? anquan boldin is getting targets and he's a value pick at $5000. that would free up $2100 you could use to upgrade your qb. not crazy about wilson...

alasdair

Wilson is either gonna do amazing or terrible imo

^ yep.

lol. i just checked your line-up and you already have boldin. what about julio?

alasdair

marvin jones is really injured and may even miss this week, so picking another lions WR seems like a smart move. or maybe even ebron.

People I'm thinking could replace Demaryius Thomas within budget (as in, without moving other players)

Jordy Nelson vs Hou
Larry Fitzgerald vs Was
DeAndre Hopkins @ GB
Kenny Britt @NE
Brandin Cooks vs Det

leaning towards Jordy Nelson. Apparently Jadaveon Clowney isn't playing

I think I'm gonna stick with Russell Wilson though, he played like shit last week and the Panthers haven't been very good this year and they're playing in Seattle. The Seahawks also gotta be close to clinching a playoff spot. Math was never my strong suit but that division is pretty terrible this year