• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

brady1.jpg

great game and a great win for the nags. qb looked pretty ordinary but who cares - bumper night for cj anderson. pre-season talk on anderson was pretty pessimistic so he shut a lot of people up last night. but, it's just one week...

can't wait for the pats. vs. cards. game. i'm about half way through All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals. if you have not seen it, i recommend it. much better than hard knocks.

alasdair

Not sure if the Jets are looking really good or the Bengals are looking really bad. Regardless, the Bengals should put in McCaron! =D

Jets defense actually could look better IMO; posting live from my favorite sports bar; but we've got momentum on our side and revenge on our mind—fuck the schedule! (As sadistic on the part of the NFL ptpb aside …) Missed fg aside I'm liking what I've seen so far first half. (Yes I'm the rare Yankees/Jets fan) J — E — T — S JETS JETS JETS (when my avvy changes I suppose depends all on the "baby bombers" which is for another thread.)

Within about a half hour of meeting up with a BL friend (first time IRL with this one) but who's a Giants fan. So gotta pace myself up in here when it comes to the booze, yeah?

Pack finished the day with a first week win. Not very impressive to watch much of the time, but it was really good to see Jordy back in action. HaHa was looking real good as well. Lacy had some nice flashes as well, but giving him the ball on a sweep is retarded.

Oh well 1 and 0

i'm about half way through All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals. if you have not seen it, i recommend it. much better than hard knocks.

alasdair

Just finished watching this the other day Ali, thoroughly enjoyed it. Have they mentioned which team they are following this season?

Happy to see the Bengals squeeze out a victory against the New York Jets at home. The first six games aren't going to be easy. Sports Illustrated magazine predicted them to be 1-5 by the end of this opening six game stretch, and I'm assuming they were looking at Miami being our only victory. I would be content seeing them come out of it 3-3 but am optimistically thinking more along the lines of 4-2 ;)

Green looking great as always, and minus the interception pass he should have never thrown Dalton was on point. The Jets did a fine job applying the pressure, what did they have like seven or eight sacks today?

this is to all the non-believers who told me i was a shame to the game for benching cam for rape and crab legs down in TB

thoughts on day:

raiders baby! amari cooper might be better than that 'other' bama WR
fucking browns, they're not rebuilding, they just never stopped
jaguars bummed me out man, i was rooting hard for all afc teams vs nfc because how else are rams going to make play offs with an 8-8 record?
seattle doesn't worry me at all, see what happens when they face a strong DL?
we may have a new star LB in kwon alexander, that 'other' stud LB at tampa, racked up 15 solo tackles and a sack
buffalo, wtf?

rams 31
niners 13

:)

no brady? no gronk? no problem.

pats looking solid in az so far.

alasdair

^ I actually picked against the Pats in my pickems this week. I let the media frenzy over TB and Gronk sway my decision but I had a bad feeling about that pick from the beginning. I should have remembered how well the Matt Cassel season went for the Pats...

^ you're not alone. only 3 of the 13 people playing picked the pats...

some really great football this weekend already. the raiders vs. saints game was great.

also, if rex ryan has a job this time next month, i'll be surprised.

alasdair

Dolphins gon' Dolphin.

I have recently begun using the term "Dolphining" for situations where a football player or team either fucks up a sure thing, or snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Dolphins Dolphined the fuck out of that game yesterday.

I don't even take it seriously anymore. Last season was the first ever time where I actually quit watching the games half-way into the season. Too much misery. Wasn't worth getting all worked up for. Better to pretend the NFL didn't exist for a year.

that was a huge win for the dolphins on the road in seattle. i did not watch the game but i am guessing it was a grinder...

alasdair

that was a huge win for the dolphins on the road in seattle. i did not watch the game but i am guessing it was a grinder...

alasdair

The Dolphins lost. Let Russell Wilson score with 30 seconds left on the clock. Classic Dolphining.

yeah, sorry. i had it stuck in my head that they won. still, suggests they're going to compete strongly in weeks to come.

alasdair