• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabutter leftovers....

Gabazilla

Greenlighter
I have a theory that the left overs from cannabutter can be used over and over until it is gone.

Ok, listen....

The butter acts as a net, when we see bubbles in the butter that means the chemical process is taking place to make the THC into a psychoactive and what the butter is doing is catching that chemical process. Heat from the stove makes this chemical process....think of it like this; the butter is catching the vapors from the THC. The bubbles are from tiny explosions in the butter. that chemical process can only take place so much until there is no molecular room for the chemical process to take place any more.

Try cooking your left overs again, dont just run more butter through it, you have to cook it again. The bubbles will form again. And the butter will catch that chemical process.

I gave a friend 5th cook and he got high as a mofo. I have been experimenting with all this cannabutter since I can not smoke as it hurts my throat.

if you still get actives out of the weed after 5 extractions, you are simply not doing it effeciently. and if the bubbles forming were THC vapour, it would mean that the temperature is way too high, because when you make edibles, the last thing you want is the THC (and other cannabinoids) to vaporize.

there is no chemical process going on (besides maybe decarboxylation of THCA) which will give you more active compound. extraction is a physical process.

You are not following what I'm saying. Not at all. I was giving a metaphor when talking about the vapor and no I'm not using too high a temp. I keep it on low. You can only cook the butter until it stops the bubbling.

and yes there most certainly is a chemical process taking place. How do you think the THC becomes active in the butter? It's the same concept as smoking except think of the butter as the smoke once it is infused....and btw, you are not really extracting the THC, but rather infusing the butter with active THC, which one can only do until you no longer see the bubbles.

And yes I am doing this right. Most certainly am. My butter is absolutely dank. It straight up is awesome.

That chemical process like I said is taking place when you see the bubbles, what do you think those bubbles are for and why they are so important? The heat and the THC together indeed causes a chemical process to take place. This is science man, when you are infusing the butter you are in fact doing some science in the kitchen.

Do you think just because the old weed is brown that it is no longer any good? Cook with it again and the butter comes out green again. And dank and infused again. The green is just chlorophyll but there is still much.much THC left in it. It's like when you smoke a bowl, do you think just because the bowl turns black that you can't smoke it anymore? No of course not, we smoke it until it is ash and there is nothing left.

The THC doesn't stick to the butter as others have said, but rather it dissolves in the butter with heat, that is what soluble means is that it can dissolve, and using weed/butter via heat that causes a chemical process that activates the THC.

Don't believe me? Try it.

Last edited:
.....and I just ate some 6th cook coconut oil about an hour ago and am very high right now. I mean acid tripping high. My theory is correct.

I always use the leftover "greens" in something I bake after I have separated the butter out. My friends call it my elephant dung edible because unfortunately that is exactly what it looks like.

well that elephant dung is still mighty potent. I am very very high right now off it!! I am hoping this thread will make people save their left over green as it most definitely still has a very good amount of THC in it.

Get it tested at a lab and prove it.

The bubbles coming up are CO2. That's what is released when you convert THC-A to THC.

Get it tested at a lab and prove it.

The bubbles coming up are CO2. That's what is released when you convert THC-A to THC.

I cant just go to a lab and get anything tested. They will call the cops. C'mon man.

And yes I figured the bubbles coming up is carbon dioxide, as the process is called decarbing. Basically what you are saying, is the same as what I am saying. Is that if I am still getting bubbles that there is still THC in the leftover. I just made 6th cook and I saw the bubbles yet again. The white bubbles. And I am stoned off my ass with 6th cook, I doubt I need a lab to prove this as the best way I can prove it is by telling you to save your leftovers and keep using it until the bubbles stop and the bubbles wont stop in fresh butter until the bud is gone or there is no more molecular room in the butter for the co2 to be released. So save your leftovers and put it in new butter and do the stove top process again.

Just try it. I mean I am f'd up right now on the 6th cook stuff I made this morning.

Last edited:
wow. I am high as I've ever been in my life right now. Theory holds correct without a doubt. Woohoo.

You do need a lab to prove you're not just doing a poor job on your infusion.

Bring some to California and submit it to a cannabis testing lab.

Until then, who cares brah?

I dont live any where near california. So I cant help you with lab stuff. And no I am not doing a bad job infusing.

And I am sure many on here do care that they can get high from their left over. So yea "brah" people will care. Nobody wants to throw away thc.

And here is my process of making cannabutter

- Put the weed in an aluminum foil envelope and then in oven for 40 min at 220 degrees. Then I take the weed, of which is grinded up, and put it in the melted butter, on low, for about 45min to an hour or until I stop seeing bubbles. Infusion is no longer taking place when you stop seeing the bubbles. I then strain in cheese cloth.

I am not doing this wrong "brah"

Until then, who cares brah?

And I am sure many on here do care that they can get high from their left over. So yea "brah" people will care. Nobody wants to throw away thc.

I would just like to chime in here and say that I absolutely, 100% and with complete conviction do not care about that bullshit, bruhs.

Cannabutter's cool, bruhs, but I'm not one to enjoy Friday's meatloaf made with Monday's hamburgers, Tuesday's taco meat, Wednesday's chicken nuggets and Thursdays sloppy joe's.

Plus, bruhs, I'm a chain-smokin' type of bruh, not a panic-eatin'-everything-in-the-house kind of bruh, bruhs.

Dude the "white vapors" are from the butter not the weed. Do the same thing you always do but don't put grass in it.

Gabazilla;

There are 2 different phenomena at work here;

1) Extraction of Cannabinoids into the butter (a physical process)
2) High temperature conversion of certain Cannabinoids (a chemical process).

That's it. From a chemistry perspective, if your multiple cookings consistently give you a stronger effect, then your earlier extractions aren't optimal or as efficient as can be.

If you don't think you're doing anything wrong take a few chemistry courses or get a degree. I get it; your butter is dank. So what? If it isn't as dank as possible after the first cook > draw your own conclusions.

Tom