• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Jamshyd

RedLeader

Bluelight Crew
Jamshyd has passed away in Dubai. He had recently traveled to UAE and was very upbeat about his new adventure. It's too early to know what happened.

He had not been on BL for ages, but a lot of us still communicated with him through social media. Personally, I didn't really get close to him until after his BL career was over. He was the kind of friend who never bothered to make small talk with me because all either of us wanted to do was dive head-first into intellectual quests. He and I have discussed everything from art/aesthetics to quantum physics to linguistics just over the past couple months. He really was a modern-day Renaissance man. He also shared my passion for world travel and he was fortunate enough to have seen a lot of the planet in his short life, much more than most of us will ever get to see. He had his struggles and dark times, but he also had some really good ones. The only thing wasted about his life will be the second half of it.

Will miss you. Thanks for all of the education and friendship.

Last edited:
Oh man. This is more terrible news.

Jamshyd was one of the posters i really looked up to in the years i lurked, then finally became active on this forum.
A great wisdom always shone through in his posts...i'm really sorry to hear this.

Thank you RedLeader, for letting us know. My condolences to you and all that were close to him.

RIP
<3

fucking hell, another of our bredren...

small relief to know he was in high spirits the final days. RIP Jammy

^Well past ridiculous. :\

RIP Jammy. I fondly remember modding PD together and getting to know him and his struggles and life. We butted heads and had some heated arguments, but we always seemed to get back on track.I too am glad he was in high spirits in the final days, god knows he deserved it. A good man who left a hole in the community when he stopped posting and it deeply saddens me that he won't ever be able to fill that hole.

Rip friend <3

He was a joy to interact with. I'm sure his loss reverberates among many.

RIP.

This is so fucked :-/

I still remember being a complete little butler nazi mod to him in PD over his brown text. We actually ended up getting to spend time together where we amazed him with our cheap American liquor and our frightening criminal justice system. Great New Years memories. His genteel intellect is going to be sorely missed.

Oh my god jam! We just spoke like two days ago and talked about how we needed to catch up and missed each other. He was such a joy when he came to visit Pander and I. Love you jamshyd. <3

Found out the news this morning on FB upon waking and I'm devastated. We have known each other for 10 years. I originally met him Thailand in 2009 when we were both living in Asia. He gave me a tour of Bangkok and all its gems, including literal gem shopping. He was very into gemology at the time. I remember being so impressed with the depth and wide array of his knowledge, and I also empathized with his intense loneliness. It was also at that time that I saw Bluelight on his computer and asked him about it. I wouldn't even know about this site if it weren't for him. He was also the inspiration for my experiments with ketamine for depression, and the huge thread I created about it here on BL.

We met up once again in Toronto a few years ago and had a grand time together, comparing notes. I gave him a TCM diagnosis and some herbs that he seemed grateful for. We have kept in touch over the years as we have both struggled with intense depression and existential angst. The last time I spoke to him was just a couple of weeks ago before his relocation to Dubai.

He survived one intense thing after another. There was always some kind of suffering or another, in between the brilliance, in between the amazing insights. I can't say enough how brilliant this guy was. It hasn't even hit me yet that he's gone. It just... doesn't make sense. Like... he should have survived this, whatever "this" is. It's just one more thing. But life is precarious and delicate, and this was the one thing that got him. After you hear about someone surviving so much drama and intensity, it doesn't register when you find out that they're actually dead. I'm trying to get in touch with his cousins to find out more. All I know is that they found him in his hotel room. Recently he was very quiet and I know he was depressed but I never thought it would come to this. Whether it was OD or suicide, I am so crushed by this news.

There are too many brilliant, gifted, and compassionate people in the world who just get swept under the rug by the casualness of others. At the same time, he and I both had a lot of meaningful exchanges on what it means to be alive with a combination of insight and suffering. Some things cannot be unrealized and it makes living all the more difficult.

Yazan... I know you didn't put too much stock in an afterlife. You even hoped there would be oblivion after death. But some part of me hopes that if there is an afterlife of some kind, that you not only have peace there, but you also have clarity on all that made you suffer here on Earth. I am so, so sorry that we weren't able to connect these past couple of weeks. I messaged you but got no answers... I thought you were just busy relocating to Dubai.

Be at peace. Be at one. I will miss you...

Thanks for sharing foreigner, very moving... I hope all effected by this are ok. <3

I never spoke much to Jamshyd but regarded his posts highly. It's very sad to see him go.

Wishing everyone that knew him the best <3

rest in peace, beautiful man. i was loving your recent incessant bird obsession. the pleasure in your posts always warmed my heart.

Rest in peace Jamshyd. I remember reading your posts. I don't want to believe that yet another bluelight has left us in such a short period of time.
RIP.

This is so fucked. RIP Jammy :(

Jamshyd and I hadnt talked in years but he and I had quite a few chats when I was younger. He really helped me with harm reduction and feeling comfortable with being who I was. He was a really great guy.

Absolutely speechless. One of my PD co-moderators for a bit and during which time we got to talk quite a bit about drugs and then about other things, philosophical stuff, vast differences in life in our respective regions of origin and life — I'd wondered how he was doing, too. But a Renaissance man is a very apt way of putting it. I'd recently been going through old posts but also thinking about how he and some others I've known from here and elsewhere are getting on in that part of the world, for obvious reasons. Will always remember him and with a warm and unparalleled intellect.

It seems like every couple days there's news of another solid BLer's passing. RIP. Jamshyd truly had some novel pharmacological thoughts, it's a real shame that this came to pass.

He was a beautiful man and he spread a lot of beauty around him. This is so tragic.