Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Bad Weed Trip - Experienced - My Trip to Amsterdam

Paradox-95

Greenlighter
Hello, I don't expect to post here much, but I thought I'd sign up just to tell the tale of a rather nasty trip I suffered while on a trip to Amsterdam with friends. Even though I've never been a big weed smoker, I'd had a few drags of it in the past and if it was perfectly legal to smoke in Amsterdam, I thought what the hell.

The first night started off how you'd usually imagine it, we were roaming around the city center searching for a coffee shop to stay in. Upon entering the first one we came across, we each bought our own spliffs and sat upstairs to smoke it. I think it was Super Silver Haze, so it was pretty strong stuff I was going for. Initially I didn't think that it could have a massive negative effect on me, so I pretty much went all in (taking a few drags and all) unaware of the rude awakening I was in for. The night went on as normal. I felt super chilled out and more happy than usual, sometimes laughing at things for no reason. We came across a place that sold "space cakes", basically a chocolate cake with weed in. I bought myself one and gobbled it up as I would with a normal cake which probably wasn't the brightest idea. It didn't stop there though, we later went into a nearby restaurant where I smoked some more of a blunt we were sharing together, while at the same time I drank half a pint of beer.

So to summaries, I'd almost almost two full blunts (again while taking drags), a space cake and half a pint of beer. It was then when we walked into a smoke shop when things began to turn nasty. We were planning on taking some "magic truffles" which can cause hallucinatory effects, which then caused me to spiral into full paranoia mode. I basically feared a really bad trip from taking the truffles as I've suffered heavily from anxiety issues in the past (and still do). The shop environment didn't help either, which had some techno beat in the background that intensified my feelings and caused weird images to play in my head. After that, we walked into a pizza shop as my mate was feeling peckish. I sat with my other friend, trying to overcome the anxiety and paranoid feelings overcoming me. My friends soon noticed but they were so blazed that they didn't think it was a big deal, even though I was feeling horrible. We ventured towards another coffee shop, and at this point I didn't even feel like I was on earth, I felt like I was in a nightmare only it was real. It reminded me of those horrible dreams I used to have as a child when I had a bad fever.

The next coffee shop we entered was the Bulldog, not far from the Red Light District. Going in there instantly gave me a bad vibe right down to the darkly-lit and claustrophobic atmosphere along with the pictures on the wall. Once I started walking down some deep stairs however, I completely lost it. My heart was beating at a rate so bad that I thought it would stop and kill me, and I got a feeling in my jeans that made me feel like I was LITERALLY pissing and shitting myself at the same time. At that point, I could barely hold it in anymore. I screamed "HELP ME!" and started climbing up the stairs and out of the Bulldog, almost feeling like I'd end up jumping in the river nearby. My friends then realized how serious it was, then proceeded to calm me down at a quieter place. Having thought I'd shat my pants (to the point where I thought it had even gone down my jeans and into my shoe), my friends had a good laugh about it but all decided to take me back to the hotel to avoid further disturbances, but not before we spent hours searching for a toilet so I could clean myself up. I was still feeling dire, though the outdoor air and open space calmed me down a bit. Once we finally reached a toilet, I went in and to my surprise, there was no mess in my pants whatsoever, which upon first sight I thought was just a hallucination.

My mood took a complete 180 after this, when I then came out of the toilet laughing my ass off over the fact that I hadn't caused any mess whatsoever. From that point, we all could not stop laughing, the fact that I'd caused a huge scene over nothing. After that, we got a bus back to the hotel and I calmed down a bit by listening to music. The next few days, I took some of the aforementioned truffles which didn't have a massive effect on me aside from intensified laughter and weird vision, and of course went alot easier on the weed. It was a good visit overall, but the first night was so terrifying and hilarious at the same time that I'll never forget it.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the space cakes in Amsterdam is there is no strength guide shown on them, you have no idea on how much is in them and it varies from shop to shop.

Its a horrible feeling when you have taken too much as it just lasts forever if you can't get out of your loop.

I think we all have a story about edibles in Amsterdam.

I thought I had been sold a dud brownie so my wife and I both went to bed only to wake up 4 hours later tripping our balls off (well I was the only one with literal balls). I'm also don't know how I've never been killed while riding a push bike.

Sex shows are no place for drug induced hallucinations either.

Space cake is really quite difficult to handle.You have no idea of the dose, the high is insidious and because it's a stomach thing you often get sick.
Seen too many pale and poorly vics of space cake to be in favour.
Cannabis can be unpredictable but glad that it all came better in the end
You might find that you will better on indica varieties for the time being.

Sounds like you just had a bit too much possibly. Also, I think the mere thought of taking the truffles caused you to freak out. It's good you didn't, because you were already paranoid. It's never a good idea to take any psychedelic when you're already paranoid before you take it 8( I've unfortunately made that mistake before...... and that certainly was not a pleasant experience.