View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Euphoric Rambles for Swirling Souls

Cream Gravy?

Bluelight Crew

Welcome to the second installment of the PD social tripping thread! All casual tripping talk/discussion (i.e. whilst one is tripping, etc.) goes here.

Thanks to Help?!?! for the title!

Last few posts of previous thread:

Solipsis
Wow that's some serious tripping!! And it's not psychedeleterious?

Amazing.

I'm pretty much at the point where K hardly has any effect on me anymore. I only have 2g coming (it may be the S-isomer and is beautifully pure) and then it's pretty much over.

Alcohol is also still an issue and I may be switching to my kratom when my K fails me. None of this is really helping my utter anhedonic depression, but other than that I am starting at a postgrad art lab tomorrow where I can have a sort of 'quid pro quo' position to further my own projects and learn new materials / techniques etc. I have no real projects planned at the moment besides for the vague idea for needing ceiling lamps in my home... but anyway it will be good to finally get going again. Been home a whole lot just being the husk of the person I was, destroyed by disappointment and grief.

Also very glad to be pretty much rid of pregabaline. It's part of what makes it more difficult than it was but ok.

Discontinuing K and getting into art again will probably be good things. Maybe I will take some aMT at some later point that's convenient...

StMorningGlory
Is getting off Pregabline like getting off Gabapentin?

Cream Gravy?
Solipsis, what is your general opinion of aMT as a drug? I've been sitting on some for quite some time, and lately I've seen more talk about it 'round here. I'm wondering if the forces of the universe are trying to tell me I should give it a whirl 8)

Last edited:
aMT is amazing. The come up sucks but it actually gives me a "long term breakthrough" meaning the positives stick with me. Smoking is easier on my body but makes me more anxious.

I did some AMT just the other day, for the first time in years. I agree, wonderful chemical. I used to abuse the shit out of it back in 2006-2007, did it 7 days in a row once. I've actually had 2 grams for almost a year now and the other day was the first time I remembered and actually used it. Glad to see I have some self-control now. I find it quite empathogenic, but for some reason I don't feel compulsed to anymore it like I do with things such as methylone.

Hmmm. I don't feel any compulsion with methylone. Honestly, the last time I did it at 170mg, it left me with a suicide Tuesday type hangover, and I haven't touched it since. I may need less, I'll try 150mg next time... whenever that'll be.

Do y'all have any experience with the succinate salt of AMT? All the dosages I've looked at are based on other forms and those are probably lower than what I'll need for a good succinate dose, yet at the same time, I don't want to go too far my first time for fear of extreme nausea and body load.

I have no idea why I never touched the aMT I ordered ages ago. Maybe I'll use it to break my psychedelic vacation (whenever that's over).

Anyway, gotta have at least one post on the first page of any new PD Social thread, so here I am. Feelin' good for absolutely no reason. No positive changes in my life, and sober as your granny, but I'm just optimistic, 'cause why not? :)

Methylone was an every day multiple I.V. when I was younger. Very compulsive.

aMT on the other hand is probably one of my least compulsive due to body load.... I actually prefered 5-meo-aMT.

Last night I tried a. muscaria again, this time eating two larger caps that were really bright red (so any actives had probably not been washed away by rain). It took about 3 hours to get that all down, and at about 4 hours the effects were very noticeable: loss of coordination, relaxation similar to other GABAergics or Lyrica (but not identical to any of them), and some hallucinogenic effects. Time perception seemed to be altered the most. Time didn't seem to flow smoothly as usual, and instead it was advancing in steps, or "frames". There were some bouts of nausea but I didn't actually throw up.

The reason why this drug isn't more popular is probably that it's so disgusting to eat a sufficient amount of the mushroom, and the presence of nausea-inducing compound in the material. I haven't seen any studies on whether lab animals will learn to self-administer muscimol intravenously (only direct microinjection to different parts of the brain has been investigated), but I think that pure muscimol in tablet form could actually be addictive like other GABA drugs. The sedative-hypnotic effect of the amanitas was actually quite pleasant.

Interesting.. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone else having a positive experience with those mushrooms. Most people I have talked to about them say they either became quite ill or got no effect. It might be one of those substances that has a steep dose response curve, so it probably is a good idea to consume them slowly.

Did you eat them raw or prepare them in some way?

Last edited:
Did you eat them raw or prepare them in some way?

I kept them in oven at about 200 deg C for a while, because I think that this will convert some of the ibotenic acid to the more potent muscimol.

I eat them raw while tripping. Steep them for first dose.

I've had very positive experiences on them and just got another ounce to try again. Anyone know if there are interactions with Gabapentin?

Would Zofran or Promethazine help with neasua?

Do y'all have any experience with the succinate salt of AMT? All the dosages I've looked at are based on other forms and those are probably lower than what I'll need for a good succinate dose, yet at the same time, I don't want to go too far my first time for fear of extreme nausea and body load.

Yeah that's what I've got now. It's about 60% the potency of freebase, meaning that to take 50mg as listed in Erowid, you'll actually need around 83mg of succinate. My memories of freebase AMT from back in the day are that it hits harder and has a more psychedelic trip than my recent succinate experience. Then again it may be that I just don't react the same as I used to since it's been almost 10 years.

Methylone was an every day multiple I.V. when I was younger. Very compulsive.

aMT on the other hand is probably one of my least compulsive due to body load.... I actually prefered 5-meo-aMT.

Wow really? I found 5-MeO-AMT to have a much more severe bodyload. AMT really just used to cause me nausea, not really anything worse than that. The last time I tried it the other day, it didn't even make me slightly nauseous and I took 90mg of the succinate. 5-MeO-AMT produced less nausea but a pretty intense body discomfort and anxiety and far more stimulation. Of course I only used it a few times, way back when I hadn't tripped too often. So who knows how it would be now. Everything affects me very differently now.

Interesting.. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone else having a positive experience with those mushrooms. Most people I have talked to about them say they either became quite ill or got no effect. It might be one of those substances that has a steep dose response curve, so it probably is a good idea to consume them slowly.

My girl's ex-boyfriend had a life-changing breakthrough experience with them, the most powerful experience of his life, where he talked to god and experienced entire lifetimes. I've tried them (at lower dosages) and experienced very little, but if you look on Erowid you can see that there are definitely some people who love them. Someone on here a while back was saying they're his favorite substance. Kaleida (wish she'd start posting again) was saying that A. pantherina seem better than muscaria.

Last edited:
I want to try aMT on higher doses, I've only tried 30mg. I don't really fancy pushy stimulant serotonergic drugs anymore but could be fun.

AMT isn't very stimulating for me... it's sort of like more psychedelic, longer-lasting MDMA with a much clearer mind and less intense empathogenesis. I feel quite relaxed on it, a bit stimulated but not pushy at all, no amount of "lossy" feeling when it starts to wear down. It's kind of mescaline-like although mescaline is better.

I was actually just reading through old posts on the amanita muscaria thread. Seems that they vary considerably from different regions, the Aussie ones are apparently not as potent and have a different effect from the Europeans.

Sounds like it is important to get the dose right and they certainly aren't for everyone.. Years ago I saw that they were classed as a 'deliriant' which kind of put me off, but I may give them a go some day.

Psychoactivity aside, they are an awesome looking mushroom.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard "A. pantherina seem better than muscaria" before but every time I try to buy them, they are out. :( so someone must like them.

I am a huge fan of the mushroom for winter.

I have very odd taste in drugs so 5-meo-aMT isn't that odd.

Kept airtight in the freezer away from moisture, it seems very good. The freebase is probably the shortest. I believe the succinate is probably very shelf-stable. The freebase will degrade fairly quickly if not kept in good conditions.

Thanks! Another question about stability: I have the idea in my head that the 5-MeO tryptamines tend to be really stable, compared to the base tryptamines and 4-sub ones. But I'm not sure where I got that idea from, or if it's even true. Does anyone know?

It seems true to me. I've never seen one of them appear to degrade at all, and I've kept them in solution for up to 2 years even (in the fridge of course). I've had 4-sub-tryps degrade in solution in a matter of a couple of months. I've had 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT, and 5-MeO-AMT in solution, and all of them seemed fine. I've also had 5-MeO-MiPT in powder stored in a bag at room temperature for 2 years and it's fine too. I've seen 4-HO-MiPT stored the same way, in a glass vial in room temperature, that turned into a black goo after some number of years.

I had some 5-MeO-MiPT in a vodka solution for at least 6 months, and it seemed to suffer no loss of potency.