• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Poppy pod tea addiction

Yeah, some people say kratom is good for keeping withdrawals at bay.
It's certainly worth a shot.

Loperamide might help you get some sleep also. Just don't overdo it (ie don't take the massive doses some people do - it can have serious complications and cause heart issues) and take it as directed, maybe slightly more, to ease the withdrawal.
It won't get you high, but it can give you some relief - but be careful not to replace pod addiction with loperamide addiction - use lope sparingly, and if you find yourself taking it regularly, it would be a good idea to taper that before cutting it out too.

Last edited:
So I ended going back up to 30g daily because I was so sooo tired and couldn't sleep on 25g daily, feeling much more positive after a couple of nights of decent sleep, the kratom had arrived, I've got 1100grams if the stuff so it will see me through for a while and I'm gonna be using that from now on....no more pod tea, wish me luck folks! I'm thinking (hoping) its gonna be eaiser than tapering and I've got experience with kratom so I know what I'm doing. I just wish I'd never even messed with those fucking awful pods to begin with, they've made my life so god damn miserable

30 hrs in...no poppy tea. Had kratom last night and feeling absolutely fine today. Happy days!!

Hello Claireabellc! I have been lurking around Blue light for some time now, as I have struggled to free myself from poppies and/or kratom for the last year or so. Your thread is so current and relevant to me that I decided to finally jump into the discussion. It's a busy day today, but I want you to know that you have support. I will post more later today. Hang in there!

So, how's it going for you? I have heard it can take a couple of days for withdrawals to really take hold with poppies, so I'm waiting to see if you check in again... Hoping for the best for you, if you can jump to kratom at this point and not get hooked on that again, that would be amazing, and I would follow you down that path immediately. Cheers

Hi Cascadia2016 I'm now 52 hours free now and the only withdrawal symptom I feel is nausea and my body aches but nothing that would negatively affect my day so im super happy...I really believe Kratom has saved me from weeks/months of misery and I'm so thankful for it! I'm certainly not going to abuse that by getting hooked on it again.
I'm really determined to change my life for the better...I want to be free from drugs more than anything!

No, I haven't used kratom for a few months, but I have used it before to get off of poppies. (Kratom became illegal in the US at the end of September, so I bought a bunch of it just to have around while I still could.) The problem I have run into with using kratom for any more than a couple of weeks is that it, too, makes me very physically dependent upon it. Which was a big surprise top me after all the b.s. I read about it on the internet...
I am currently in the middle of a taper with poppy pods. My habit was really just a summer fling that got up to using 15 grams twice a day. But before that I was dependent on kratom for months after it got me off of my last poppy pod addiction late last year. So I've been sort of bumping along with a low grade habit for a long time, and I'm feeling quite done with it all. Poppies grow all over the place in my little town, so I just go get 'em whenever and I have a bunch to taper with, all ground up and good to go. But right now I seem stuck at 5g twice a day, can't seem to fully stabilize at that low dose and I'm tempted to jump to kratom to just get it over with. Like you, I have tons of responsibilities, I work about 50 hours a week and probably can't take any days off. So it's got to be smooth. But I'm just afraid that if I jump to kratom now, I will end up hooked on that again, and for me kratom withdrawals are nearly add bad as poppies. Pretty bad. Quite a dilemma. At this point the safest thing for me to do is sit at 5g and see if it works out eventually. But it's really driving me crazy, I want out of this so bad!
Well anyway, I'm glad I found your thread here, and I am really hoping this kratom detox works for you.I have read lots and lots of amazing success stories... Keep us posted!
:)

How much kratom are you having to use? Dosing throughout the day? And how are you when you get up in the morning, assuming you can sleep at all?
Thanks Claire :)

I didn't realise that it actually illegal there now..that's a shame as it is really useful for people who can use it responsibly for pain etc. It sucks that it gives you just as bad a withdrawal as pods do, I never had that problem with Kratom but the psychological craving always got to me. Have you considered dosing just once a day and cut it down to just 5g daily that way, then jump? Well done for being able to get that low though, honestly its so hard, I only got down to 20 and couldn't manage..I think it was the lack of sleep that made it feel so difficult.

I'm dosing just once a day, I'm using 25g..maybe I don't need that much but it was the first amount I tried after fearing anything less than that wouldn't be enough considering how much I used to take. Its working though so I'm happy, sleep seems to be improving as well, each night seems to be better than the last. I don't feel fantastic when I get up if I'm honest but a couple of co-codamol have helped me through the day :)

Wishing you all the luck in the world with the rest of the taper..keep doing what your doing, we'll get there in the end
keep us posted

Hmm... Really interesting idea, tapering one of my doses to zero. I actually was dosing three times a day at first thinking that would be the right way to do it, but then I started reading on other threads that fewer is better. When I dropped to two, I just eliminated one of them outright, and it was rather miserable. But this would be different. Thanks for the idea, I'm going to mull that over the rest of the day.
One of the things I hate about tapering is that it is always on my mind, I can't seem to get a moment's peace. Oh well...

Cascadia -

i don't know anything about pod withdrawal, but I do know about Kratom. In my opinion, it's best used as a rapid taper. What I do is make a plan before I quit. I know the half-life of pods is different than oxy, so you may need to adjust for a longer half life, but here was my basic plan: during the worst of the acute phase, I allowed myself to dose 5-6 grams, pretty much as needed - but close to 6ish hours. For me, the worst of the acute phase is the 3rd and sometimes 4th day. So, around the 5th day I set a plan to cut back from 5-6 grams to 4-5, the next day, 3 - meanwhile I wait as long as physically possible between doses starting on day 5.

For me, it's all about making a plan and setting limits before I start the Kratom, to avoid dependence. I kinda use it like a parachute that you cut loose about 20 feet before hitting ground - the landing is still really hard, but not as bad as it would have been without the parachute. Personally, I have to cut the parachute before I land. Not everyone does.

Im so pissed at the stupid DEA for banning Kratom. It has helped me soooooo much with this fight. I hope to never, ever, need it again - but if I do, and it's illegal, it's going to force me to something like tianeptine to use as a parachute. Trust me when I say that the Kratom landing is a fuck lot softer than others I've tried like tianeptine (including loperamide, last resort in my opinion).

Best of luck!

- VE

3 days in now...think im going to have to dose twice with Kratom today because I've woke up with horrible stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea and body aches. Just took some imodium(lopermide) and some co-codamol so hopefully that will help...going to be a long day I think! :-(

Got loads to do today as well, typical!

The one dose of co-codamol and 6mg of lopermide have held me through the day, managed to get all my jobs done, now to spend some time with my family... feeling fine :)

What the heck is co-codamol? Anyway, I'm so glad you're hanging in there. I hope you know how lucky you are to be immune to kratom w/d. Amazing! :) I have used loperimide here and there when I felt like I was getting in trouble, but I have tried to avoid consistent use so that I don't end up having to taper off that too.
Thanks for your thoughts, ve. Good luck to you on that krazy kratom. I will be using that too at the very end...
Basically, I'm feeling pretty good tonight, having finally stabilized at 5g twice a day. I've decided to just take it really slooow from here on out, I've got nothing but time, but no real opportunity to take a few days off to be sick. So I'm going to stick with two doses a day, and reduce the amount by only .1g per day until I get down around 2 and see about jumping at that point. Then it's kratom for a few days, then lope for a few days, so that hopefully neither one will get a hold of me. I've got a few lorazepam pills for the anxiety (the basis of all my problems, really). I will continue to check in here, see how it's going.
Wish me luck.
Good night :)
(And if Donald Trump wins the election right after that, I don't want to live anyway)

Co-codamol is codiene/paracetamol :)
Glad you've finally stabilized at 5g, keep at it, your doing great!
I got 4 days free now, not exactly feeling great but not as shitty as yesterday so thats something I guess. Lots to do again so just gota stop complaining and get on with it,
Have a great day all

Hey y'all!
VE what is tianeptine? (I'm learning a lot of new stuff!) I've never heard of it at all... And yeah, the dea is really stupid to ban kratom, although I have to admit I have read about some people doing really crazy dumb shit with extracts and so on and getting in deep trouble. Seriously physically addicted. But, you know, it's just like everything else, when used properly it can be a great tool.
Claire, how much kratom are you using these days? One thing I have read a lot is that dosing with kratom only once a day is critical to avoiding dependence because it only lasts such a short time... I always used it at least twice a day.
Alright, hang in there folks, and taper on!

Phew over the hump now, the last couple of days were not too pleasant ..mainly because my whole body just ached all over and finding the energy to do anything was so so hard, I could've used Kratom to help during the day but really just want to limit that to once a day. I'll continue to use the kratom for another 5 days then I will cease use of everything and fingers crossed will be fine and completely clean..cant wait, I'm so done with all of this!!

Cascadia2016 I'm using 20g a day now :)