• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

losing my hair !

Bare_head

Bluelighter
ok the ! probably isnt needed but i feel it is too me :( i started noticing about 2 month maybe a little more that i am losing my hair ..

its kind of hard for me to even think about buzz cuts and things as its basically my hairline coming out , i am a poker player and i can only imagine playing for thousands every day has took its toll on stress levels and this last week i had a 10k loss and its just coming out !!!

i have read some on mbp and i think it is it tho i do think stress lifestyle is mkaing it come out faster :(

i know alot of males go through this so whoever there can they advise what they did and how they coped?

i am a pale guy lol :( i need to get a tan now!!! i dont even wanna shave it all off but the front is becoming a mess, i made several doctors apps one i was late 5mins by and the doctor went :( i delayed a few recently too, i really dont know what too do, guess just go with it and shave it all off? i do think that there is a 5% chance its something else than mpb cause its coming out so agressively right now..

anyways, what should i do? go to the gp asap? what about a hair clinic? im in north west england and can afford a hair transplant though i feel this is gonna be a process i am gonna hve to come to terms with,

any help appreciated,

thanks

If it follows one of the male baldness patterns, then it may be genetic and there's not much you can do. If it's stress or nutrition related, it can be corrected, but only for a time. Once hair follicles atrophy they usually don't regenerate. You mention being pale... so in addition to the stress, what's your diet like? If your blood is poorly nourished you can lose hair. Being low in iron and B complex especially. Stress can also make it fall out temporarily in some people.

If it's patchy baldness all over the head then it'll prob grow back if you correct your lifestyle. If it follows male pattern baldness, it's iffy.

FYI they don't usually give hair transplants to people who are still in the process of losing hair, especially if you're young. The reason is that if you're not done balding according to your genetics, then they could transplant the hair into an area that's about to recede, and you'll be left with transplanted patches with nothing around them. At least with male pattern baldness, our society is used to a few set patterns. The other thing is that if they transplant hair that is genetically timed to fall out then those follicles will atrophy and thus you have wasted your time / money. Instead, if you wait, then the hair they transplant will survive.

If you go see your GP you might as well just get blood work done to find out if it's a nutrition problem. There are also some medications available that you take daily which halt hair loss, if it's androgen related... but they don't usually cause hair to grow back, and once you stop taking it you begin losing hair again. You also have to get your liver tested once a month because there are side effects.

thanks, thats what i will do, probably not the best i have put off 3 apps to go to the gps now but they are crap looking to change gps tbh, thanks for the sound advice basically what i read thought about as much, i feel its mpb as my hair is becoming dead basically, never seen it at the front looking so dead but last week it wasnt half as bad now its time to go the full route of taking it all off and getting it clean shaven lol ..

yeah im a veggie and my diet sucks so could be alot of factors as to why my hair is dying , sure i will get used to it some day.... :)

This started happening to me when I was about 17. I used proscar from about age 21 but I really can't remember the results. It might have helped and slowed things down, but I stopped using it for some reason. I didn't get side effects but people have committed suicide due to proscar. It's rare but the drug can have this side effect, amongst others.

It's fucking annoying that this is even a thing but I just have to deal with it and not let it bother me. I've never shaved my head but I've noticed that it's worsened recently.

If you want to rectify this with drugs/special shampoo etc, then you need to act fast. There are forums that will assist you.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

Seriously, if you're going to act at all, act now, and attack it on multiple fronts. I think the reason I stopped is because I felt I was too far down the line.

Last edited:
Old thread but guys need to get on the "big 3" to get results -- ketoconazole shampoo, minoxidil, and finasteride.

If not, start lifting weights and shave your head.

You need this: http://vitacoco.com/uk/coconut-oil/

I started to have get patches on my beard and hair. Real signs of allapicha....

I put that on my hair everyday before I went bed and left it overnight. On weekends i'd wake up and have a shower put it on my hair all day.....and even go out wiht it...providing it was not hot it was okay.....

I was over like after a month came back stronger than ever! Mine was most likely due to stress too!