• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My brief summary : Suboxone 8mg cold turkey days 1 - 10

MisterNotSoClean, my transition from methadone to suboxone was pretty easy, I tapered my dose down over a period of many years, I was down to 17.5mg of done when I swapped.

I had to wait until the 3rd day after my last dose which wasn't much fun but when I had my first dose of sub it was pretty much instant relief.

I will second what toothpastedog said though, when I first went on the program sub would not have worked for me, I was going in and out of prison and putting my health at risk using iv heroin, the methadone was what I needed at the time and it probably saved my life.

My goal is to get of the program entirely, planning on tapering as low as possible and then making the jump.

You might find the amino's helpful,
if you can find a good essential amino acidblend, it will contain L-phenylalanine which converts into L-tyrosine in the body.

I have read about people using L-tyrosine with good results as it is very effective at increasing dopamine production.
Using L-tyrosine directly can be a bit tricky though, if you use to much it can give you the shakes, which is why I would rather use an essential amino blend.

Anyway, wishing you the best with your journey.

Doing OK. Feel somewhat like a person. Just got to the bday party and made the mistake of eating so now I just wanna go to sleep.

But all in all, doin well all things considered. Still have to stay another few hours so we shall see.
Hope you are still ok! :)

It's been a good/bad past few days, so figured I'd update

So for the past couple days I am having trouble sleeping what feels like for no reason. I lay down and no rls because my legs are on fire (I'll get to that in a minute) and my back has been fine the past few nights. So a super tired, no rls, cramps, or back pain MisterNotSoClean + nice comfy bed = glorious nights sleep... right?

My logic is apparently flawed as when I hit the bed I feel it is swallowing me into its cushiony embrace. All is right with the world in that moment... but it's like I just lay there... staring into total darkness... never getting to that point right before you fall asleep. Atleast not until about 7am and then I will wake up about 9am. That seems to be my new norm. BUT... at least when I do sleep it feels like I'm for real sleeping... For some reason though I've dreamed of nothing but bees. Honey bees specifically. I'm not particularly afraid of them and I don't have some weird honey fetish that I'm aware of but for some reason I dream about being surrounded by bees. Freaking weird.

So that's mainly the bad part. The good seems to be my overall energy is going up a bit albeit it's as if I'm just getting used to forcing myself to do shit. (Still haven't done the rest of the lawn if you are wondering)

Yesterday and today I figured maybe I can absolutely physically exhaust myself and I will sleep. So I finally went to the Audubon (nature park )close to my house. Essentially the trail goes up about 300ft in elevation up to a ridge and makes a huge loop around a valley. In total all the trails are about 4 miles combined. Yesterday I walked all of them in about 4 hours. I felt like a complete zombie about half a mile in. But that first half mile is most of the elevation change so I said "fuck going back down now" So I walked the loop and then took a 30 minute siesta at the end of the loop on a bench. Managed to make it back down without dying.

So that night I was excited because I felt like I was going to pass out on my feet. I laid down and... nothing... damnit.

So today, after going to bed at 7am and aging waking up at 9am I told myself I will go until I can't. I got there at about 11am and started up the ridge. This time I felt winded and tired a half mile in but once I got to wherensure the elevation stabilized I felt halfway decent and somewhat like a person. So I walked... and walked... watched a tree snake catch and eat a praying mantis which was awesome... walked some more... and then walked a little more. So I had gone 2 and 1/2 times around the ridge before my right knee just up and said "Fuck you asshole" and up and just died on me. Luckily I came prepared for that possibility and had my knee brace. Slapped it on and away I went. Finished the 3rd loop at about 4pm... Again made it down without dying. So I only did the loop but the loop itself is 2.5 miles. So ended up walking about 8 miles total.

I got home, showered, ate 3 sandwiches, a bowl of cereal and then melted some pepper jack on some turkey and ate that. I laid down about 10ish. I have absolutely no rls to speak of and the muscle soreness is kinda burny but that I can sleep with. But again, I can't seem to hit that point where I fall asleep. I'm all comfy and whatnot but just can't sleep.

When I saw my doc on Tues he gave me a script for ambien. I still haven't filled it and really don't want to but I may if I can't sleep again tonight. We shall see.

In conclusion, I don't think I will be able to exhaust myself to sleep but walking and hiking that much has helped my energy go up a bit and today especially I felt pretty good mentally. I still really would like to sleep. Oh and like I said the rls was absolutely killed by the muscle soreness which is totally awesome. Unfortunately, after today I think I need to tap the breaks on the hikingness as my legs need a day off.

But if the rls returns, I know what to do. :p

~MisterNotSoClean~

considering to c/t 65mls of 6mths methadone due 1 want to be off the handcuffs! and im into idk 6th day of meth binge that doesnt on looking like ending anytime soon, so thought il try now, iv missed 3 days max in past. confident cause have c/t H and suboxine in past, if anyone has any advice i started my own thread

MisterNotSoClean, my transition from methadone to suboxone was pretty easy, I tapered my dose down over a period of many years, I was down to 17.5mg of done when I swapped.

I had to wait until the 3rd day after my last dose which wasn't much fun but when I had my first dose of sub it was pretty much instant relief.

I will second what toothpastedog said though, when I first went on the program sub would not have worked for me, I was going in and out of prison and putting my health at risk using iv heroin, the methadone was what I needed at the time and it probably saved my life.

My goal is to get of the program entirely, planning on tapering as low as possible and then making the jump.

You might find the amino's helpful,
if you can find a good essential amino acidblend, it will contain L-phenylalanine which converts into L-tyrosine in the body.

I have read about people using L-tyrosine with good results as it is very effective at increasing dopamine production.
Using L-tyrosine directly can be a bit tricky though, if you use to much it can give you the shakes, which is why I would rather use an essential amino blend.

Anyway, wishing you the best with your journey.

Awesome vision! You've come a long way for sure as it sounds like your journey has been a much longer one than mine! You've made it this far so I'm sure you'll see it through.

I still haven't gone to walgreens and picked up any amino or anything energy wise as recently I was struck again with the inability to sleep. I did however start hiking trails in an attempt to exhaust my body into sleep submission. 4 miles the first day, 8 yesterday. (I'm in no way physically fit btw) The first day really wasn't pleasant as the entire walk I felt like a zombie just roaming through the forest. Couldn't sleep that night but the rls was absent so that was a plus.

During yesterday's 8 mile fiasco I actually felt like I had some energy and wasn't just wandering aimlessly. I got home and ate a ridiculous amount of food and drank stupid amounts of gatorade and laid down about 11pm ish. Initially i couldnt fall asleep but i think i shut down around 2 or 3am. I woke up at 8am.

I may do another short hike today because if walking is what is giving me energy and allowing me to sleep then I don't care if I'm walking on stubs as long as I can sleep.

Actually just noticed I feel halfway energized right now :) I seriously think this is working. I'm freaking giddy like a schoolgirl lol.

Anyways, keep it up Vision and feel free to msg me if you ever have any questions or input.

At it again...
D8qrHrl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's been a good/bad past few days, so figured I'd update

So for the past couple days I am having trouble sleeping what feels like for no reason. I lay down and no rls because my legs are on fire (I'll get to that in a minute) and my back has been fine the past few nights. So a super tired, no rls, cramps, or back pain MisterNotSoClean + nice comfy bed = glorious nights sleep... right?

My logic is apparently flawed as when I hit the bed I feel it is swallowing me into its cushiony embrace. All is right with the world in that moment... but it's like I just lay there... staring into total darkness... never getting to that point right before you fall asleep. Atleast not until about 7am and then I will wake up about 9am. That seems to be my new norm. BUT... at least when I do sleep it feels like I'm for real sleeping... For some reason though I've dreamed of nothing but bees. Honey bees specifically. I'm not particularly afraid of them and I don't have some weird honey fetish that I'm aware of but for some reason I dream about being surrounded by bees. Freaking weird.

So that's mainly the bad part. The good seems to be my overall energy is going up a bit albeit it's as if I'm just getting used to forcing myself to do shit. (Still haven't done the rest of the lawn if you are wondering)

Yesterday and today I figured maybe I can absolutely physically exhaust myself and I will sleep. So I finally went to the Audubon (nature park )close to my house. Essentially the trail goes up about 300ft in elevation up to a ridge and makes a huge loop around a valley. In total all the trails are about 4 miles combined. Yesterday I walked all of them in about 4 hours. I felt like a complete zombie about half a mile in. But that first half mile is most of the elevation change so I said "fuck going back down now" So I walked the loop and then took a 30 minute siesta at the end of the loop on a bench. Managed to make it back down without dying.

So that night I was excited because I felt like I was going to pass out on my feet. I laid down and... nothing... damnit.

So today, after going to bed at 7am and aging waking up at 9am I told myself I will go until I can't. I got there at about 11am and started up the ridge. This time I felt winded and tired a half mile in but once I got to wherensure the elevation stabilized I felt halfway decent and somewhat like a person. So I walked... and walked... watched a tree snake catch and eat a praying mantis which was awesome... walked some more... and then walked a little more. So I had gone 2 and 1/2 times around the ridge before my right knee just up and said "Fuck you asshole" and up and just died on me. Luckily I came prepared for that possibility and had my knee brace. Slapped it on and away I went. Finished the 3rd loop at about 4pm... Again made it down without dying. So I only did the loop but the loop itself is 2.5 miles. So ended up walking about 8 miles total.

I got home, showered, ate 3 sandwiches, a bowl of cereal and then melted some pepper jack on some turkey and ate that. I laid down about 10ish. I have absolutely no rls to speak of and the muscle soreness is kinda burny but that I can sleep with. But again, I can't seem to hit that point where I fall asleep. I'm all comfy and whatnot but just can't sleep.

When I saw my doc on Tues he gave me a script for ambien. I still haven't filled it and really don't want to but I may if I can't sleep again tonight. We shall see.

In conclusion, I don't think I will be able to exhaust myself to sleep but walking and hiking that much has helped my energy go up a bit and today especially I felt pretty good mentally. I still really would like to sleep. Oh and like I said the rls was absolutely killed by the muscle soreness which is totally awesome. Unfortunately, after today I think I need to tap the breaks on the hikingness as my legs need a day off.

But if the rls returns, I know what to do. :p

~MisterNotSoClean~
Nice pic below! Dude, you're doing so fuckin good! Today I woke up and drug my ass on a 5 minute jog before work just to see if I can start a new habit :)

Thank ya! Yeah jogging/running is not my friend. I still smoke cigs and last time I tried to run I damn near passed out :p Maybe one day though. Last time I quit smoking that's how I did it. I just ran til my lungs hurt lol. It worked for about 2 years but then I stopped running :p

MisterNotSoClean, sorry to hear about the sleep issue, are you still drinking that super black coffee man?

I am really encouraged hearing that loads of walking sorted out the rl's, rl's are one of the symptoms I seem to experience most severely, so to hear a possible antidote for them is excellent.

Keep going man I am cheering for you.

Here is a quote I find encouraging, maybe you will to.

Endurance is the quality that can bear things, not simply with resignation but with blazing hope.

It is the quality that will keep a man on his feet with his face to the wind.

The virtue that can transmute the hardest of trials into glory, because beyond the pain it sees the goal.

Keep your eyes on the prize and keep pushing on man.

I love that quote.<3

MisterNotSoClean, What a gorgeous part of the world you have to heal in!

Damn vision, I second herbavore on that. Damn awesome quote!

Yeah I was surprised that walking killed the rls as well. I tried doing some push ups to fix the wriggly wrists but that just made me realize how out of shape I am and didn't help the wrists :p At least the wrists and arms in my case aren't nearly as bad as the legs were.

As far as where I live, I live in Texas and it can be pretty some places but it's just hot enough most days to make the devil himself sweat. Friday the high was like 97 with 80% humidity. Upside is today the high should only be 75ish :D

I'll post an actual update maybe later today. I've been busy this weekend. Friend had a spawn, another got hitched, my mom flew into town, and have to go talk with my brothers psychologist today. So needless to say I'm exhausted.

I'll catch up with yall tonight!

~MisterNotSoClean~

Glad you liked that quote, I don't know the author so can't give them credit but I definitely find it helpful and if others do to then that's even better.

I don't think I would be doing pushups in early recovery either man, I think you are doing well to be walking the distances you are.

Also forgot to say in my last post how awesome that would have been to witness the snake catch the mantis!

Keep doing what you are doing man, you're doing something amazing.

Ty Vision! The snake vs mantis battle was effin sweet. At first the mantis got snuck up on but managed to get away. I figured he would jet after that but nope... he ended up jumping on the snakes head which being an expert in snakeian jujitsu the snake quickly swept the mantis, bit his butt, and slowly ate him alive. :p

So it's been a minute since my last real update so here it goes.

So the past weekend was absolutely busy beyond belief. Friday my mom flew in to visit. She's aware of what I'm doing so I didn't have to pretend to be a real person but I tried. I attempted to have a few beers that night and did ok. I think I had 4 or 5 over maybe 4 or 5 hours. I felt decent but I think it still may be a bit too soon for that as with each beer I got an increasing headache until about midnight. At that point I had to tap out as it was starting to feel like a migraine. I laid down at about 1am but was unable to go to sleep until 6am ish.

At 8 am I was supposed to go see my friend who just had a little cute baby. He is unaware of my situation and would prefer to keep it that way. So needless to say I looked like an extra from the walking dead. I decided I'd pass on that one.

I did manage to fall back to sleep around 1pm until about 3pm. At which point I had to get ready for another friends wedding. Got there around 5pm. Was planning on staying only for the wedding itself but both my mom and gf wanted to stay. So I sucked it up and tried to be a person. I didn't really know anyone there other than the bride and groom and i already had a good amount of anxiety being there. I think I did ok but I wasn't able to be too engaging. Anyway, we finally left around 9pm... I was unhappy about that lol. I laid down around 11pm... I finally went to sleep at about 5am.

I woke up at 7am as we had to drive about 80 miles to go see my brother and my dad. (They are also unaware) We left around 8am which I have a thing about letting other people drive so I managed to do all the driving. 2 cups of coffee and 1 monster energy drink later ( I hate monster btw) we arrived.

The visit went well. They live in the country in BFE so luckily my allergies flared and I could pass off my appearance because of that. I managed to be a person for about 80% of the time. I did have to take a nap at one point which lasted all of 20 mins. Overall though I had a good time. We left at 8pm and got home around 10pm. At this point I think I was immune to the effects of exhaustion as I no longer felt tired...

At 1030 I sat on the bed to take off my shoes... at 1031 I'm pretty sure I was asleep... completely dressed... minus shoes.

I woke up at 4am. Would have liked to slept longer but, hell, I'll take it.

So my brother is currently going through... errm... mental issues on top of legal ones. So my mother and I had to see his psych at 9am. Drove 60 miles to get there but on the upside I felt like a person. Had a 2 hour long convo with him and was completely engaged the entire time. Hooray! Go me!

After that I had to drop my mom off at the airport. Drove back 60 miles to the airport and then another 20 back home and got home around 1pm

Funny thing was, as soon as I got home, I physically felt like a weight was lifted off me. I ate a sandwich... and went comatose. I think just the added stress of having someone at my house was causing shit loads of anxiety and in turn, causing my insomnia. So I managed to sleep from about 2pm to 8pm then from 11pm to 10am then from 12pm to 4pm. Even after all that I was still tired. I went to sleep last night at around 11pm and woke up today at 7am... holy shit... 8 hours of sleep during a time where normal people sleep.

So I've been awake for almost 2 hours and I feel good. Probably about to go hiking once again as its currently about 60 degrees outside :O

Even though the weekend was full of stress, overall I feel like I'm on the upswing and starting to emerge from this. We shall see I guess.

~MisterNotSoClean~

Sooo... the trail I normally go to was closed. Apparently they had a small landslide. I walked all the smaller trails in just under an hour. I didn't feel satisfied. I jumped onto Google maps and found another naturey type place 5 mins away.

I'm glad I did. Not as relaxing but a total of about 10 miles of trails up and down the ridge. I hiked 5 of the 10. Many more elevation changes. They also have longer hours (630am to 830pm)so I can start forcing myself to wake up like normal people.

All in all twas a good hike... and afterwards Taco Bell... I haven't had that shit in a couple of years and it is still disgustingly glorious. Now that I'm fat and happy, imma take a nap :D

MrNot -

keep it up. It's day 3 for me and you are an inspiration!

walk away that bullshit rls!

- VE

So I woke up today at 5am... and felt... normal. Not overly groggy ( after normal morning black hole coffee), I didn't have a desire to lay in bed for a few more hours, I felt... normal.

So given that I was up and had energy, by 6am I was out the door. I wanted to do something I haven't done in years. I wanted to be all cute like and watch the most brutal of sunrises in the history of man. I wanted to watch as darkness was disemboweled and it's innards strewn across the sky and then set ablaze... There... that sounds manly enough.

Anyways, here's some of the disembowelling action I caught.
dY6EByo.jpg
CmSQXrc.jpg

Just thought I would do a quick update.

The past week I've felt pretty good. I've been sleeping normalish and havent been completely zapped of energy. Headaches here and there but not the migrainey type like in the beginning.

So that being said, I'll be going into work today. A summary of what I do: I work with some super small parts which require some surgeon skills and also directly with customers. I've always been somewhat shaky in the hands but I manage. The conversing with people is what I'm worried about. I've always been good with talking to people prior so hopefully since I've been doing it partly as my job since 2006, It will be like riding a bike. We shall see I guess. I did get a 2mg Xanax from my dad that I've already broken into .5mgs just in case I need to bring myself down a notch. This is gonna sound foolish but I've taken 4mg Xanax once for a 10 hour flight and I was out for 8 hours of it. That is my only experience with any benzos.

So my question is .5mg a good dose to not get zonked out by? Hopefully I won't need it but just want to have a safety net I guess.