• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

September Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Newspaper Carriers and Tardiness

Congrats captain on 2 years that's amazing to me.
I'm hanging in there. I could not do it cold so I wound up buying a sub off a friend . I am eating healthy and working out so I hope after I take my last little piece tomorrow I should be good to go. I did not think I would experience any benzo withdrawal but I was wrong that is why I justified getting a sub to try to get the benzo's out my system first.
I will keep updating on my progress.

thanks man! *almost* 2 years :)

Indeed, congrats!!
5 months behind you. But I celebrate your sobriety as it inspired mine somehow.:)
That's the beauty of being here sometimes. You progressively develop your own ideal of what's best for you.

Last edited:
^CH, that's a voice that won't leave you alone will it?:(

I came into this thread to post a resource that is time-sensitive:http://recovery2point0conference.com/?oprid=9319. Tommy Rosen puts on these free online conferences on Recovery. I have watched two previous ones in the past and they are always inspiring. His first interview today is with Gabor Mate. The conference runs all this week but each day's interviews are available for free for 24 hours. There is also one today by a woman that wrote a book, A Kinder Voice, combining mindfulness and 12 step philosophy about releasing your inner critic (CH!). The conferences do not espouse any particular point of view (though Rosen himself is a proponent of 12-step) and there is a wide range of topics that apply to recovery and even more to a well-rounded healthy life.

it's ok herby. I'm coping. Just a really rough day, probably one of the worst ones for the last few months. :|

The Vicodins and the Oxy and benzos My furthest was 3months but I try to see it as I am earning each day somehow, instead of just counting them it kinda helps

Been gone from BL for about a year. Been sober off opiates for a year now. Fentanyl/hydromorph. Suddenly this week craving really hard to use again. Read about a fentanyl overdose in the news and it triggered me so hard that I'm practically withdrawaling again I have RLS around the clock which I never had unless in withdrawal.

Trying to stay away... getting those flashbacks to the needle and the spoon.

I always swore the only reason I kept using was because of getting sick and I had to stay well. A year later, withdrawal long gone, I know it's way fucking deeper in my brain than that. I want the warm and fuzzies back it's almost unbearable. I'm sure I'll be fine, I just have nowhere to vent how I feel. I was a closet addict for years and recovered alone other than with the BL fam. Decided I needed to come back and get this off my chest because I can't think about anything else and right now I have triggers going off everywhere fuck even the word opiate itself is sending me back to a year ago.

13 months... wishing you all sober days ahead.

Peace and love. Thank you for listening to my shitpost.

That's amazing, don't throw that away, people like you is what gives me hope and motivation like to keep going even when everything seems to be pointing a different direction

Been gone from BL for about a year. Been sober off opiates for a year now. Fentanyl/hydromorph. Suddenly this week craving really hard to use again. Read about a fentanyl overdose in the news and it triggered me so hard that I'm practically withdrawaling again I have RLS around the clock which I never had unless in withdrawal.

Trying to stay away... getting those flashbacks to the needle and the spoon.

I always swore the only reason I kept using was because of getting sick and I had to stay well. A year later, withdrawal long gone, I know it's way fucking deeper in my brain than that. I want the warm and fuzzies back it's almost unbearable. I'm sure I'll be fine, I just have nowhere to vent how I feel. I was a closet addict for years and recovered alone other than with the BL fam. Decided I needed to come back and get this off my chest because I can't think about anything else and right now I have triggers going off everywhere fuck even the word opiate itself is sending me back to a year ago.

13 months... wishing you all sober days ahead.

Peace and love. Thank you for listening to my shitpost.

congrats on your 13 months!!! :)