• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

rest in peace bardeaux

I keep coming back to this thread every day and it keeps making me cry (I really should stop doing it at work).

Thanks for the words and pictures, kyt. It hurts and helps at the same time. Massive condolences to you. You too, Kaity.

This has got me really upset... and I relate to his experience of being on the outside, and being okay with it. The world wasn't made for some people, but those people touch the hearts of others in such profound ways while they're here.

My convos with Bardeaux were meaningful, but sometimes hard... one or both of us going through a lot.

This the second RIP thread I've read today with wide eyes. Sigh

RIP Bardobro.

I was so shocked to see his parent post about this on facebook, I really REALLY did not see this one coming.

Gi5JMZToJAbaYuXX5yro20vGjvI8WcTipQM1DmZwxArgapKQ2VqAAubKlNAlHrBV9fjtK8Xc1Y0sow=w1920-h1080-rw-no

It is vexingly rare that one encounters someone with the potent combination of compassion, open-mindedness, critical insight, raw analytical prowess, intellectual curiosity (let's be real: Bardo clearly vied for most brilliant mind here), and genuine warmth, empathy, and kindness that Bardo graced us with here...it's rather telling that even 'enemies' of his (for his disposition precluded truly making any) are here mourning his loss...the world at large is truly at a loss of his benevolently transformative perspective.

Though I am still nigh in disbelief, this demonstrates clearly that no one can 'outsmart' addiction, let alone outthink it on a routine basis....and the key importance that we creatively reconnect, especially across lines of stigmatization (and other forms of difference), in this world structured to convince us that this type of isolation and mental unease is either normal or due to personal failings; without vigilance for each other's well-being, without active, directed exercise of empathy, we all suffer in isolation, culminating in such devastating loss...this too is but one example of the humanistically reconstructive struggles that Bardo incited us to undertake (though he most often did so politically, his unique ability to illuminate warmly was beyond any narrow domain). . .

ebola

a practical note: no matter how knowledgeable one is, one cannot curtail the near weapons-grade danger posed by fentanyl analogues, particularly in combination with potent GABAnergics.... the only barrier to their lethality, absolutely rigorous, regimented precision, far too easily falters before the cognitive distortions that come with depression, anxiety, and the experience of addiction...it is only by reaching out to the distressed when it is most difficult that we can protect ourselves from tragedy like this.

^ Well put. It's sad and unfortunate that Bardeaux died: it's also chilling proof that fentanyl and its analogues are stone cold killers in anything but the most closely regulated usage. Such an unpredictable bunch of powerful chemicals should have never been marketed in the first place.

My condolences to those who were close to him ... seems like everyone on the board! :(

Just returning from being gone from Bluelight for the past week and I cannot believe I am reading this. Bardeaux was one of the best mods here on Bluelight. He had a way of expressing his own opinions and responding to other opposing opinions without the usual self-righteous rancor in CE&P. He had the maturity to do that despite his young age. This is terrible, terrible news.

Hearing of Bardeaux's (he'll always be "Bardo" to me) death has been difficult news to bear. One of the best, most intelligent and well-spoken people I've known... Both IRL and on Bluelight. He and I both operated as Senior Moderators for many years and became quite close, along with a large amount of the tc group and the entire staff, then and now. He was a good friend and an amazing Bluelighter. His death is a tragedy my heart goes out to those many close to him. <3 RIP John

dude was legit. don't even know how to honour him, but feel his absence. RIP

It's ok, droppers. It's a natural reaction. When my ex died, I contacted all of his friends and bitched at them for playing a stupid joke on me. At the time, I just didn't want to believe it. It's a weird feeling but I think it's natural because one minute you are having a conversation and the next they are gone.

I go through a very similar disbelief everytime someone in my circle / real life leaves this realm. My condolences and prayers/positive thoughts/love to all of those who knew him.

I can't believe there has been this much carnage since I last logged on.

Please be safe and smart people. The world needs you.

bardeaux has been switched to bl crew with sincere thanks for the hard work he did as a bl staffer. he was, for me, a model staff member and a valuable contributor. bluelight is a better place for his presence and he will be sadly and sorely missed.

alasdair

In the few years I've been a bluelighter, like in any forum, some people, some names, just stand out. People you remember. I remember Bardeaux, I remember him well. And I was shocked to read he was dead. There's so many of us. So many dead before their time. It makes you feel so hollow and empty. No matter how many deaths you experience in your life, it never stops being surreal. It's indescribable. There's no words. Just silence.

It feels so unjust. Rest in peace man. I wish I'd gotten to know you better when I could. And my deepest condolences for those of you who did. I have only positive memories of his posts here. He stood out and for the better.

Stay safe bluelight. Far too many of us have died. And far too many more good people we as a group have known have died.