• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom to be banned soon by DEA! How will it affect USA? v All kratom talk goes here!

Eggnog1958

Greenlighter
Just when people are being able to fight their addictions...The DEA will now put it on Schedule 1. At the end of September, no less . Arrrghhh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got about 2.5 kilos heading my way. Should last me for a good while at least.

What's your guys opinion on holding this much of a schedule 1 drug? I want to stock up a bit but im scared lol

Ahem... This is a harm reduction focus forum my fellow BL'ers. Although I'm sure this is useful information to the multitudes of habitual Kratom users on the sit, but it unfortunately belongs in one of the more casual spots i.e. Drug Culture possible or your region's Social/Drug Discussion sub-forum.

In a way, finding out if we can stock up on Kratom before it becomes illegal is harm reduction. It may prevent possession of Kratom arrests. With intent to distribute. Lol

Sorry Keif....wasn't sure where to put it. Haven't tried it myself but know a lot of folks have, with good results. You're right....the post has no harm reduction. ( oxy....lol....yeah.......intent to distribute charges are harm reduction ) I can imagine the DEA is gonna try and patent the damn tree and have Big Pharma make Mitracodone or Tree Pain Pills.

This is horrible news!! I've been using kratom for years instead of oxy for carpal tunnel syndrome and my partner has been using it as a maintenance substance instead of mmt or suboxone due to an old heroin habit...kratom a schedule 1? It's ridiculous! Thank you for posting this, now I need to figure out what to do.

Sorry Keif....wasn't sure where to put it. Haven't tried it myself but know a lot of folks have, with good results. You're right....the post has no harm reduction. ( oxy....lol....yeah.......intent to distribute charges are harm reduction ) I can imagine the DEA is gonna try and patent the damn tree and have Big Pharma make Mitracodone or Tree Pain Pills.

Tree Pain Pills!!! Yaaaassssss!!!

What's your guys opinion on holding this much of a schedule 1 drug? I want to stock up a bit but im scared lol

This is my concern.

I am temporarily staying with my parents and I feel it's wrong to stock this much of a schedule one substance here and put them at risk.

I feel it could become a burden and that I might want to get rid of it but you don't just throw something considered as illegal as heroin in the garbage if you panic and risk being caught.

What would you guys do if forced to stash that much of a schedule one substance in SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE??

I think it will be easy to hide and the risk is close to none if you aren't doing other illegal activites. Not many police officers know what Kratom is, smells like or looks like. Kratom smells very much like green tea matcha. If you're careful I don't think there's much of a risk. Also if Kratom stays legal state wise, what's the chance an federal agent is going to come
To your house and arrest you. Pretty low unless you're distributing massive amounts. Keep it quiet and keep it in your house at all times.

Im still scared though lol. Kratom being legal was one of my favorite parts of ot

Does this mean only the extracts will become illegal, or the whole plant??

Does this mean only the extracts will become illegal, or the whole plant??

The whole plant. There's a petition going on right now, and if it reaches 100k the white house has to give a response. Everyone should google it and sign it if they can, and ask friends too. Every signature counts and this could help it stay legal

I think it will be easy to hide and the risk is close to none if you aren't doing other illegal activites. Not many police officers know what Kratom is, smells like or looks like. Kratom smells very much like green tea matcha. If you're careful I don't think there's much of a risk. Also if Kratom stays legal state wise, what's the chance an federal agent is going to come
To your house and arrest you. Pretty low unless you're distributing massive amounts. Keep it quiet and keep it in your house at all times.

Im still scared though lol. Kratom being legal was one of my favorite parts of ot

I don't know though, it still doesn't sit well with me keeping something illegal in my parent's house without them knowing and makes me think I might somehow panic and want to get rid of it at somepoint.

For the sake of argument, if you DID want to dispose of that amount of Kratom just to not have to deal with it anymore, how would you go about doing it??

Like i said, I don't feel it would be safe to just throw in the garbage.

Maybe a little at a time...but you wouldn't think it was safe to toss several kilos of Heroin in the garbage...assuming I do decide to purchase that much Kratom.

How do you think the kratom ban will effect the U.S?

I just heard about the possible ban and am disgusted as I'm sure many of you are. Just recently I had decided to start trying to order kratom again to try and curb my use away from oxycodone, tramadol, and hydrocodone.

Who proposed this ban and under what guise do they see this as good for the nation? No one is shooting kratom up their arms, it's near impossible to overdose on by itself, it's a cheap maintenance drug, etc. What is everyone's opinion on what the fallout will be like if this ban passes? Also general discussion is great too

It will become more expensive and lower in quality sold on the streets.
a

Where I used to live we'd just dispose of any unwanted illegal narcotic-related items in the local landfill and/or public dumpster

I don't know though, it still doesn't sit well with me keeping something illegal in my parent's house without them knowing and makes me think I might somehow panic and want to get rid of it at somepoint.

For the sake of argument, if you DID want to dispose of that amount of Kratom just to not have to deal with it anymore, how would you go about doing it??

Like i said, I don't feel it would be safe to just throw in the garbage.

Maybe a little at a time...but you wouldn't think it was safe to toss several kilos of Heroin in the garbage...assuming I do decide to purchase that much Kratom.

There's tons of ways to get rid of it but I don't know which one is the best morally.

Flushing, dropping it off at a garbage in a random cvs, down a sewer, etc. I just don't want to poision any poor animals :/

Garbage disposal in the sink maybe?