• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom to be banned soon by DEA! How will it affect USA? v All kratom talk goes here!

Anyone know any news about NY??

I heard they recently decided to direct their efforts even more heavily on NY, Florida and 2 other states (forget which) and with Nazi-weed is evil-Jeff Sessions as attorney general now, I am afraid it won't be long...

Like Jeff Sessions who wants weed illegal so he’ll want Kratom illegal.

Wonderful guy who thinks violence against gays shouldn’t be considered a hate crime either and opposed the Mathew Shepherd act.

And racists like Bannon.

Why should there be a special penalty if you choose to hurt somebody jus cuz vs. hurting someone because they like butt secks with men?
The person harmed is a person and and not special because of his sexual behavior.
Should pedophiles get get special protection if they are assaulted due to their sexual behavior?
Or any other reason race, sex, violent crime is heinous, none of these protected groups are endangered.

Also please give an example of how Steve Bannon is a racist, he hired editors of every race and creed, Breitbart is run by a diverse staff.

Personally I hope they keep kratom legal, its not like there are lots of people getting hooked on heroin from trying kratom, its kind of the opposite.

Why should there be a special penalty if you choose to hurt somebody jus cuz vs. hurting someone because they like butt secks with men?
The person harmed is a person and and not special because of his sexual behavior.
Should pedophiles get get special protection if they are assaulted due to their sexual behavior?
Or any other reason race, sex, violent crime is heinous, none of these protected groups are endangered.

Also please give an example of how Steve Bannon is a racist, he hired editors of every race and creed, Breitbart is run by a diverse staff.

Personally I hope they keep kratom legal, its not like there are lots of people getting hooked on heroin from trying kratom, its kind of the opposite.

Well that's not what I meant.

No, a person harmed is a person harmed regardless and the penalty should be the same.

I'm not gonna get into a political discussion, I just got out of one and hate it when I get myself involved in the first place.

I also hope they keep Kratom legal, but I'm trying to quit, at least for the time being myself.

I'd like to find out how much longer it will be legal in NY, but it probably won't be for long.

I'm probably stopping at the right time.

Even if it stays legal, I do too much of it.

because hate on a specific race/group of people is a separate problem that exists in society from people beating eachother up.

if you choose to perpetuate hate or promote it AND beat someone up....you have done two bad things not just one.

if you beat someone up with no reason, you are not doing anything further than that. If you beat someone up because they are gay, other gay-haters will see that, feel good about it...and the hate will perpetuate and more gays will get beat up as a result.

its two crimes vs just one crime

Anyone know any news about NY??

I heard they recently decided to direct their efforts even more heavily on NY, Florida and 2 other states (forget which) and with Nazi-weed is evil-Jeff Sessions as attorney general now, I am afraid it won't be long...

where did you hear this? i live in florida and i wasn't that intoratom when the first ban was proposed in september. but it has not made me fully quit weed and alcohol and stop being depressed and made me study and work hard all the time.

i want to fucking murder some fuck-ass politicians if that shit gets made illegal

where did you hear this? i live in florida and i wasn't that intoratom when the first ban was proposed in september. but it has not made me fully quit weed and alcohol and stop being depressed and made me study and work hard all the time.

i want to fucking murder some fuck-ass politicians if that shit gets made illegal

I got an email from Susan Ash, head of the Kratom foundation, saying they are directly targeting NY, Florida, and 2 other states I forgot.

She said that some dumb politician was quoted as saying something along the lines of the people he saw protesting being "Like HITLER, junkies wringing their hands for more drugs" or something like that.

She was talking about how fucked up it was.

We have to be realistic, it's almost definitely going to happen and probably even sooner for us.

I hate it beyond words.

I think the entire DEA should be disbanded and that any and all drugs should be legal for 18 and over if you aren't driving.

Hell, I think all OBJECTS should be legal, even assault rifles.

The only objects I believe in being illegal are untraceable ghost guns, nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and weapons of mass destruction, with the exception of the highest government and military officials obviously.

A bag of heroin, an assault rifle, a bag of weed or meth, a flame thrower, they are no different than a rock...bad metaphor...but still.

You can pick up the rock and bash someone's brains in with it, or use it for some useful purpose like constructing a building out of the materials.

We don't ban rocks cause they can hurt people.

I feel the same way about almost all objects, drugs or most weapons as well.

But try telling the government that.

It's all about money...always has been.

If they can profit by something being illegal they will.

If it being legal helps them reap the profits themselves, like with booze and cigs, then they won't ban it.

None of it has ever really been about "saving us from ourselves", as if that would be something they could do anyway.

We all know better here.

Drugs users are IMO by and large more open minded than the rest of the world (when I say drugs I mean other than alcohol).

But we always lose in the end.

I got an email from Susan Ash, head of the Kratom foundation, saying they are directly targeting NY, Florida, and 2 other states I forgot.

She said that some dumb politician was quoted as saying something along the lines of the people he saw protesting being "Like HITLER, junkies wringing their hands for more drugs" or something like that.

She was talking about how fucked up it was.

We have to be realistic, it's almost definitely going to happen and probably even sooner for us.

I hate it beyond words.

I think the entire DEA should be disbanded and that any and all drugs should be legal for 18 and over if you aren't driving.

Hell, I think all OBJECTS should be legal, even assault rifles.

The only objects I believe in being illegal are untraceable ghost guns, nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and weapons of mass destruction, with the exception of the highest government and military officials obviously.

A bag of heroin, an assault rifle, a bag of weed or meth, a flame thrower, they are no different than a rock...bad metaphor...but still.

You can pick up the rock and bash someone's brains in with it, or use it for some useful purpose like constructing a building out of the materials.

We don't ban rocks cause they can hurt people.

I feel the same way about almost all objects, drugs or most weapons as well.

But try telling the government that.

It's all about money...always has been.

If they can profit by something being illegal they will.

If it being legal helps them reap the profits themselves, like with booze and cigs, then they won't ban it.

None of it has ever really been about "saving us from ourselves", as if that would be something they could do anyway.

We all know better here.

Drugs users are IMO by and large more open minded than the rest of the world (when I say drugs I mean other than alcohol).

But we always lose in the end.

I'd be real interested in knowing which two other states are being targeted if you, or anyone else, knows.

I don't think Kratom will be banned anytime soon. They can try but I dont think they will succeed. Found an interesting article, check it out
https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/the-dea-changes-its-mind-on-kratom

I think thats wishful thinking. Look at MDMA, it was the same situation, a proposed emergency schedule I. A large community of doctors and scientists opposed the measure. the DEA magistrate judge even opposed the measure. DEA administrator didn't care and placed in in schedule 1 anyways.

Yes but we are in the age of the internet now, widespread ideas and information. Honestly I think the public can put more pressure on the DEA then a few groups of doctors could. Also MDMA is arguably more harmful than kratom unless used very sparingly

Yes but we are in the age of the internet now, widespread ideas and information. Honestly I think the public can put more pressure on the DEA then a few groups of doctors could. Also MDMA is arguably more harmful than kratom unless used very sparingly

But when have facts or public opinion ever mattered to the DEA? See marijuana rescheduling attempts from schedule 1.

Kratom is in a class of drugs causing mass death. Despite not being able to itself...this is all the DEA needs in my opinion

^ but then again the fact that they did want to schedule it, but the public pushed back and they didn't - it does show something, doesn't it?

^ but then again the fact that they did want to schedule it, but the public pushed back and they didn't - it does show something, doesn't it?
Exactly. This is the first time in history I have faith in the "system". We all signed the petition and spoke out and bam...it didn't get scheduled. There is hope after all.

I think that the DEA (and associated prohibition interests) HAS lost the political battle & narrative in regards to marijuana, though...in my opinion it is no longer a matter of if the federal laws change, only when. The wheels of political progress often move slowly, especially in regards to an incendiary issue like drugs...but I think there's been real progress made. It's one of those issues that the people are ahead of the government on. Public support for legalization is widespread, as evident by opinion polls and successful ballot initiatives in various states. However progress on the federal side has been more or less stagnant.

That contradiction won't remain that way forever, though.

Kratom is is a more difficult position, though...marijuana's acceptance only came after a hard-won struggle & kratom belongs to undoubtedly the most demonized class of drugs in the entire USA. The hysterical media reports both locally & nationally seem unending. It is sad & ironic for kratom, because as far as fun psychoactive drugs go, I struggle to think of one that's safer.

I live in a state where K is still legal, New York, and although it can be shipped here, it is uncommon to find it in stores such as head shops. I live in a fairly rural area, and I suppose that may have something to do with it. The head shops that I have visited where it was once sold generally say the same thing - it is a popular item, yet they had too much pressure from the powers that be to remove it from their shelves, despite its legality.

It is a shame that it is edging closer to prohibition, since it can be quite useful as an addition to one's withdrawal arsenal... and the notion of it being a harmful plant is absurd.