• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom to be banned soon by DEA! How will it affect USA? v All kratom talk goes here!

But the problem is how addictive it is.

Isn't it also easy to overdose on??

And can you really take it with any regularity and not become seriously addicted??

I also usually have some Klonopin in my system so taking that would be more risky but with Kratom it's not really.

Come on guys, I need to hear about more drugs that you like better than Kratom so I can cheer up more LOL.

Oh it's highly addictive, it's an opiate. I used it daily for like six years, now on bupe. I never overdosed, but risk is high with a benzo. Anyway, just an idea.

What other Mu agonists do you prefer to Kratom??

Almost all morphine based opiates get you higher, longer lasting. Also more pleasant and quickly accessible roa's

It is easier to name opiates that are worse than kratom. Tramadol is worse. I would put codeine up there with some good opiates on a perfect day/dose; but on a regular day I would put it at a nice mid-level opiate. The good thing about it is that it is was always available and legal and natural and that you could mix it with anything without OD.

Kratom was banished from my country a few months ago.

I only ever experimented with Kratom a handful of times, but they are fond memories.. except for that one time I decided to have a vodka red bull, resulting in me spinning & passing the fuck out for the entirety of 'A Bug's Life' 8)

Huh, anyway I genuinely feel for everyone out there that will be impacted by this mindless move.
Another sacred gift from mother nature cruelly snatched away.
Sorry for your loss.

Pretty much every opiate is "better" than kratom, in that every opiate results in a stronger high. I prefer black tar heroin, IV morphine, hydrocodone & oxycodone to kratom. The only one I think kratom is perhaps better than, speaking purely in terms of the physical effect, is codeine.

But when you consider the fact that kratom was legal, dirt cheap, relatively safe (especially compared to other opiates), and usually didn't turn the user into a complete asshole due to excessive use...it was pretty hard to beat, actually.

Yep. I used kratom because of its dirt cheapness and legal status. Its bang for the buck was too good to be true.

Ok, so what other NOT highly addictive or easy to OD on drugs to people prefer to Kratom with ROAs OTHER than IVing??

NOT counting things like Heroin, Oxy, Hydro, Tramadol, Meth, Coke, Dilaudid, Bupe, etc.

Just for the sake of argument.

I'm looking for RELATIVELY safe, not SUPER habit forming and highly pleasurable drugs i could still talk, and also, i take an SSRI and Klonopin, so I prefer to hear about things that CAN be safely mixed with them.

Like I said, my list of things I CAN still safely take are: Weed, Shrooms, Phenibut, Prolintane, Dexadrine, Nitrous, Alcohol (I know it's not recommend with a benzo but I pull it off), LSD, Salvia, etc.

I like hearing about things like that.

BUT...I'm not trying to discourage answers that don't fit my standards because I don't want to ruin any fun anyone else might get out of this thread...

I've been using Kratom for about 3 months now and it's made an incredible difference in my life. I am more social, less anxious, less depressed and I no longer take Xanax or drink alcohol. I am not going down without a fight and I would encourage all of you who want the plant to stay legal and believe the DEA are acting like Nazis to get in the fight this month before it's gone. Sign the petition. Write or call your state congressmen and women. Most importantly, contact the Assistant Secretary for Health, Karen B. DeSalvo-- she is specifically listen in the DEA's intent to file form as someone who's opinion they will take into consideration: Contact the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH) Phone: 202-690-7694 Email: [email protected] Postal Address: 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 716G Washington, DC 20201 Web Site: hxxp://www.hhs.gov/ash. Let's do all we can!

I'm on day 4 of kratom withdrawal right now. Piece of cake, really.
I use stem & vein powder to help with RLS. Works really well

Mycophile, i am a huge fan of pregabalin (Lyrica). Its not an opiate by any means, i believe it acts on the voltage gated calcium ion channels, but dont quote me on that. Ive always enjoyed mixing it with my kratom at least once a week because the effects combined were incredible. But even on its own, pregabalin is awesome.

Mycophile, have you looked into tianeptine at all?

I don't know much about it but, IIRC, it has some mu-opioid activity. It's also legal in the USA. Might be something to look into and research further. *shrug*

Mycophile, don't look for drugs man to solve your problems.

So the fact that I have anxiety and depression means I shouldn't look for aids in helping me??

That's not very empathic/sympathetic of you.

Should people with chronic pain not look for effective pain medications?

Of course any drug can be abused, but IF you believe in cognitive freedom (which I'd assume you do??) then it's not up for you to decide how I try to treat my problems so sorry, I'm going to do what I want if I need help.

I also use OTHER healthier ways to address my problems like my sport of choice, working out in general, trying to eat healthy and sometimes even therapy and brain technology and meditation, but if I want to use a drug to help me I will use it and no one will deter me from doing so unless they are going to threaten to throw me in jail or use violence against me to stop me LOL.

Mycophile, i am a huge fan of pregabalin (Lyrica). Its not an opiate by any means, i believe it acts on the voltage gated calcium ion channels, but dont quote me on that. Ive always enjoyed mixing it with my kratom at least once a week because the effects combined were incredible. But even on its own, pregabalin is awesome.

Can Lyrica be safely combined with SSRIs and benzos like Lexapro and Klonopin which I take??

What is the experience itself like?

Mycophile, have you looked into tianeptine at all?

I don't know much about it but, IIRC, it has some mu-opioid activity. It's also legal in the USA. Might be something to look into and research further. *shrug*

Yes I've recently been asking questions about it but most people here are saying the WDs from it can be almost as bad as heroin and that someone who has generally not used many opiates stronger than Kratom (I've only experimented a little now and then with Oxy and Hydro and try to avoid them) should definitely NOT get into Tianeptine.

Would that be your opinion as well??

Or CAN one get high like once or twice a week on Tianeptine and avoid addiction and really bad WDs and side effects??

Yes I've recently been asking questions about it but most people here are saying the WDs from it can be almost as bad as heroin and that someone who has generally not used many opiates stronger than Kratom (I've only experimented a little now and then with Oxy and Hydro and try to avoid them) should definitely NOT get into Tianeptine.

Would that be your opinion as well??

Or CAN one get high like once or twice a week on Tianeptine and avoid addiction and really bad WDs and side effects??

Well all opiates/oids have WD symptoms if you take them for a long period of time and then abstain from them, obviously. You can find many bad stories about unpleasant WDs from kratom, too, although I never thought that kratom WDs were that bad honestly (and certainly nowhere near the level of heroin or morphine WDs)

With that being said, I know almost nothing about tianeptine. I think most of the people who get marked opiate-like highs from it are administering it to themselves via the IV ROA, which obviously isn't something you're interested in. I also have no idea how it interacts with the other medications you're taking. But perhaps it's worth checking out. I know that it's used clinically as an anti-depressant so perhaps you can get some positive benefits from it in that regard as well, as a general mood-boosting drug.

Can Lyrica be safely combined with SSRIs and benzos like Lexapro and Klonopin which I take??

What is the experience itself like?

Well I've mixed lyrica with tramadol numerous times which has SNRI properties. Lyrica is pretty safe with benzos but it also potentiates them (and alcohol) to a large degree so take that into consideration.

It's a really expensive drug, habit forming with a long lasting withdrawal. It takes about 2 hours to take effect but lasts a long time and for me once I got off daily use it became quite sedating. Lower doses basically feels like a therapeutic benzo, higher doses can give a wicked body buzz but it's also very intoxicating in the sense that you are stumbling into things.

Lyrica definitely potentiates benzos, but they dont always have great reactions with SSRIs, just depends on which SSRI and your current health. Snake_eyes pretty much said what i would have to say about it. It is very intoxicating and can be a shitty withdrawal from what ive heard, but so far ive been taking 350mg every 3 to 4 days and i havent had to increase my dosage or felt the need to redose or take it the day after. Actually, tolerance increases super quickly if taken every day, so its not really worth using on a daily or even every-other-day basis. Its feel great though.

Well I've mixed lyrica with tramadol numerous times which has SNRI properties. Lyrica is pretty safe with benzos but it also potentiates them (and alcohol) to a large degree so take that into consideration.

It's a really expensive drug, habit forming with a long lasting withdrawal. It takes about 2 hours to take effect but lasts a long time and for me once I got off daily use it became quite sedating. Lower doses basically feels like a therapeutic benzo, higher doses can give a wicked body buzz but it's also very intoxicating in the sense that you are stumbling into things.

Hmm, if it's THAT habit forming I wouldn't want to use it much if at all.

Would you say it's MORE habit forming than Oxy/Hydro??

During rare times when prescribed them for surgeries I got high off Oxys/Hydros a max of 3 times a week spread out on separate days and only experienced very minor depression on the off days.

Do you think someone could use Lyrica 2 days a week and avoid addiction and serious WD?

I'd also HAVE to be sure I could take it with SSRIs.

Everyone here has told me I DEFINITELY CAN'T combine Tramadol with SSRIs or I would have already but I don't know how different the Tramadol/SSRI combo is from the Lyrica/SSRI combo in terms of dangers.

Hmm, if it's THAT habit forming I wouldn't want to use it much if at all.

Would you say it's MORE habit forming than Oxy/Hydro??

During rare times when prescribed them for surgeries I got high off Oxys/Hydros a max of 3 times a week spread out on separate days and only experienced very minor depression on the off days.

Do you think someone could use Lyrica 2 days a week and avoid addiction and serious WD?

I'd also HAVE to be sure I could take it with SSRIs.

Everyone here has told me I DEFINITELY CAN'T combine Tramadol with SSRIs or I would have already but I don't know how different the Tramadol/SSRI combo is from the Lyrica/SSRI combo in terms of dangers.
1) Yes, especially for some people. Even though you can get high on it mine was all physical dependence I never had a psychological addiction.
2) I think you could use it twice a week without developing a physical dependence. Just to let you know many have said the withdrawal is like a mix of opiate and benzo. When I came off I did a 4 month taper and if I were to do it again it would be at least another month. With that said, like benzos I often take them once or twice a week in non recreational doses for help with sleep/comedowns.
3) I don't know on the SSRI because like I said I've mixed it with tramadol's SNRI properties many times and never had any problems, in fact because of tramadol's potential seizures I always felt more comfortable mixing the two since lyrica is an antiepileptic drug.