Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Benzydamine/200mg - First time - Creative title here

delphinen

Bluelighter
I was really bored and couldn't sleep, so I found and decided to try 200mg of Benzydamine, a low dose of a supposed recreational drug:

Wikipedia said:
Benzydamine has been used recreationally. In overdosages it acts a deliriant and CNS stimulant.[4] Such use, particularly among teenagers, has been reported in Poland,[4] Brazil[5][6] and Romania.

From what I could found in Bluelight...
BL mod Sekio said:
From what I can gather it seems that here are little psychedelic effects below 500mg, and at higher doses it seems to be a cross between the deleriant antihistamines, DXM, and a mild stimulant.

So I gave it a shot. I have done DXM, LSD, Diphenhydramine, and many other drugs a lot of times before, so I really didn't have fear, even more when the dosage I decided to do was little.

OK, the taste of the syrup was ... not SO bad as I expected, it felt like drinking watered down tooth paste; however, I needed fruit juice and a coffee to cover the weird-mint-fresh taste.
I have did it 20 minutes ago, and I still can feel the "cold" mint like liquid in my stomach. Going to keep drinking my coffee and listen to music, maybe play some game. Will update as things goes on.

T+1hour: Wow, this already worth it. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I did some drug like this, which, I can't qualify honestly, it has a touch of DXM, a taste of Diphenhydramine, a moderate mood upper like a little of Adderall, and colours seems a lot more interesting, kinda made me remember 2-CE... so I don't have idea what this really is. But I tell you, it's worth it given how a minimal dose gives a really nice boost, in all kind of senses. I even wish I would have a little more to experiment more with it, but I have read it last like 4-5 hours so I doubt I'm even "at the peak".
Listening to music, and posting on social media like crazy, chatting with my friends very empathetic.

T-2hour: The euphoria is still going, I don't think stronger nor weaker. I feel good except for a little headache (almost imperceptible), and my eyes being very tired (I also saw in the mirror my pupils a little dilated), however, I can also feel the my hearth going a very little more than usual, which was a sensation that I had in my plans, the anticholinergic side also reuptaking Dopamine, if you can understand what this means. Maybe I will make more coffee.
Oh, music feels great, of course, also interacting with people is so easier.

T-2.5hours: Just a nothe; I did 25mg of Hydrochlorothiazide which is a diuretic medication often used to treat high blood pressure, just in case, because I remember how high doses of Diphenhydramine made me feel years ago. This is nothing like that, but because I'm taking a lot of coffee, plus the Benzydamine.. I want to play it more safe. Also, I won't take any benzos until I want to end the trip, obviously.

T+3.5hours: wow. Still going strong. At least I am not sleepy, and fully focused on my gaming, enjoying the music.

T+5.5hours: damn. This drugs lasts 4 to 6 hours for real. It's 6.50AM and I can still go on. I played a lot a game with some friends and had a blast. The music still feels good, the colours still feel a little different, and me.. I am going to try to trip on my bed now and if I can't I will take some benzos and try to sleep.
If I can STILL trip with my eyes closed after almost 6 hours of taking this I am going to report it. So far, this experience has been really really good.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_benzydamine
substancecode_deliriants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear: the fruit juice was not grapefruit juice right?

Curious anyway: normally for most people mint makes fruit juices taste terrible, this is because mint blocks your ability to taste the sweet sugars for about 10-15 minutes so you only taste the bitter and sour in the fruit juice. I guess the minty flavor of your product was rather different from actual mint then.

Fortunately this drug isn't as bad for your stomach as ibuprofen, by the way.... :\

Just to be clear: the fruit juice was not grapefruit juice right?

Curious anyway: normally for most people mint makes fruit juices taste terrible, this is because mint blocks your ability to taste the sweet sugars for about 10-15 minutes so you only taste the bitter and sour in the fruit juice. I guess the minty flavor of your product was rather different from actual mint then.

Fortunately this drug isn't as bad for your stomach as ibuprofen, by the way.... :\

For some minutes I couldn't taste at all the juice (I believe it was Strawberry) because of the mint, so yes, you are right.