• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health clonazepam withdrawl help

neozanoro

Bluelighter
hey i have been on .5mgs of clonazepam for 3 years i recently got cut off and no doctors will taper me i have ethier a weeks supply of clonazepam or a months supply left depending on if the pharmacy will still fill my script. how do i get off and what should i expect. im in over my head guys i need your help.

so 0.5mg 1x/day?

if you have a month i would try cutting the dose in half each week. if you have a week i would consider entering a detox, finding another dr, or go to the ER. it can't hurt to be circumspect (overly-cautious)

week 1: 0.25 1/2 pill
week 2: 0.125 1/4
week 3: 0.0625 1/8
week 4: 0.03125 1/16

symptoms vary drastically between individuals so its difficult to speculate on what you will endure. expect insomnia + Rebound_effect

thank you. how deep do you think im in and the er wont help me iv been 4 times they told me to sweat it out and called me an addict. also what happens in detox i really dont want to cold turkey. ((also i want as many peoples opionions as possible((plz dont close the thread on me)) will a month taper be painless. or close to it

the thread won't be closed it will be moved to a different subforum where you will have a better chance of getting more replies.

ideally they would taper you in a detox but depending on where you live the people you have to spend a week or two with might (for lack of a better word) suck. All depends on where you go, the staff, how many people they allow at a time - etc.. Anxiety itself has a way of snowballing, if you start worrying about the severity of the symptoms now its only going to make things worse. Some people discontinue benzos after a long time and avoid experiencing severe WD so i would try to be optimistic.

take care

IMO a month is nowhere near enough time to taper comfortably for the amount of time you've been on them.

its moved:

the month long taper itself shouldn't be that difficult, i have done quicker tapers with clonazepam ending with my last dose at .25mg and didn't really notice much until a week after i stopped taking anything.

IMO a month is nowhere near enough time to taper comfortably for the amount of time you've been on them.
possibly. i was responding as if the op didn't have an alternative.

Last edited:
hey snake eyes how long would i need. i can try to cop illegally but i doubt it and as far as legally both my parents and doctors think that withdrawling from a pill a day is redicoulous and that i just want more drugs.what am i in for and is it really gonna be hell like iv read.

its moved:

the month long taper itself shouldn't be that difficult, i have done quicker tapers with clonazepam ending with my last dose at .25mg and didn't really notice much until a week after i stopped taking anything.

possibly. i was responding as if the op didn't have an alternative.

I know, I was just posting my thoughts since neo wanted as many opinions as possible whether a month taper would be painless.

I really don't know how long you would need to taper off klonopin painlessly, like sigmond said "symptoms vary drastically between individuals so its difficult to speculate on what you will endure." You can find a lot of threads and megathreads regarding klonopin withdrawal over on benzobuddies.org, here's a section for cold turkey and rapid detox http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=133.0.

hey snake eyes how long would i need. i can try to cop illegally but i doubt it and as far as legally both my parents and doctors think that withdrawling from a pill a day is redicoulous and that i just want more drugs.what am i in for and is it really gonna be hell like iv read.
if parents and doctors think it's silly then print out the ashton manual for benzo tapering

You aren't taking a huge dose so really adverse results are less likely. Note I didn't say impossible. You can also extend your taper in the last week to 2weeks by alternating days , the last week dosing every other day. Again, you may experience anxiety and/or trouble sleeping. Things will get better.

you'll more than likely experience some general wd's; akathisia, anxiety, insomnia. i wouldn't be too worried about seizures as they're associated with heavier use, but if your hands start to shake uncontrollably get yourself to hopsital.

thanks you guys I no doubt can taper in good comfort if I have month or 2 but I go to court tomrow and it looks like I'm going to jail so I am fucked but atleast ill be under surveliance if something bad happens cause I kno they wont let me have my klonopin so cold turkey here I come.

I cant thank you guys enough for the help and support wish me luck in court

hi, klonazepam, or as it is also called klonopin, can cause loss of hair. i took it, i know. i had my doctor switch me to valium. broken pieces.

heading off to court if I don't go to jail ima start my taper and get a job today. ill post what happens. Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, stop reading horror stories and benzobuddies reports.... I think you'll be fine as long as you follow taper plan suggested to you in this thread.