• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is Dexedrine's Duration more Dose dependent than Adderall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
Is there any truth to the claims that you can take a 40-60 mg Dexedrine in the morning and it lasts all day and matches dividing it up? I cannot tell with my own dose if it is placebo or not. Someone claimed Adderall is you take more mg and its virtually 4 hours then crash no matter what, but Dexedrine kinda stretches like Methamphetamine based on dosing size.

Does this really happen or are people taking high doses in the morning just feeling a morning euphoria, then glad that they felt it as they tweak on residue ADD hyperactive mode after 4 hours.

I no longer crash from my Dexedrine doses. For the first 4 hours I feel euphoria and motivation, and then I feel normal for the rest of the day. 40-60mg is a huge dose for a beginner, if you felt nothing from that you got fake pills. 2 hours after taking 60mg Dexedrine you should have about 170 - age heart rate at rest.

I have never tried Dexedrine but have always wanted to. However, I take IR Adderall every day and I never really crash from it like I do with other stims like coke for instance. I get the most wicked comedown ever from coke both powder and hard. But with Adderall I only take 20mg in the morning and I am focused, motivated, and ready to get up and do something for more than half of the day just about everyday and it keeps my ADHD from screwing with me like it once did really well. It is kind of strange how long it lasts for me, as I have heard most people only feel a dose that size with IRs for maybe 2-4 hours and then either crash or it wears off completely. I don't know what it is, they last almost like an XR would but have the normal IR "kick" when they start to work. I guess everyone has varying effects and duration of effects from amps like dexedrine and Adderall, as would be expected.

I cant see how. Adderall is 75% d-amp. Maybe they use Dexedrine ER and are comparing to plain Adderall?

I've been using adderall for 2 years then Dexedrine for one year, oh yes huge disclaimer don't ever take 40-60 mg with no tolerance I found 20 IR of both to be recreational for a very long time. I feel sedated the more Dexedrine I take with no change to heart rate or blood pressure. I wonder if the body is fatigued after years and just starts to go to bed when it makes you focus, because our bodies secretly want sleep.

does the body grow tolerant to the physiological effects of amphetamine, so that on a higher dose it's not as taxing as it would have been having been eaten without a tolerance?

Sure. Especially if using it for non-medical purposes.

But considering ADD is treated with a variety of dose ranges for people on them for awhile, can an amount correct symptoms but also tax your body despite percieving tolerance?

What do you mean by taxing? With Adderall, this most likely is very much the case. The l-amp part is indicated in many of the peripheral side effects of Adderall (increased HR, vasoconstriction). And studies done with higher than recommended doses of Vyvanse, where the amount of lisdexamphetamine directly correlates to the amount of d-amp its converted to, showed that at doses up to 200 or 250mg were superior to lower ones (or at least the same) with not much greater adverse events. So more d-amp still works, not much side effect, more l-amp, you feel like shit.

Which is a little different, because the d and l both have equal opportunities to exert their effects in the body; rather than saying it is pure l-ampetamine, which can just act as a pure chemical itself, it is a racemate.

It's just a little different is all.

It depends on what effect you are looking for when you take the drug, I take it for ADD and not as a medication as a supplement, meaning I don't take a dose that hides all of the ''problems'' that come with ADD which means that I do not get a tolerance quick to it and when I take it, it doesnt give me energy it doesnt have side effects in fact its nearly not even psychoactive. I just see a difference If I put a timer on how long I can do Homework without stopping. So to me Once I take it it last mostly the whole day and I take 5mg but will probably up to 10mg and stay there for a while.

If you are looking for an effect that really gives you stimulating and entertaining effect then the effects are off before your body get rid of the drug. D-Amphetamine has a 9 to 11 hour half life which means it stacks up in your body when taken daily, so technically it never wears off when used daily, what you feel like a wear off is simply a lower amount present, an amount that doesnt overcome your tolerance. The first effects your body gets used to are evidently euphoria and stimulation, and the last one iare coordination and concentration.

So basically if you seek concentration and only this no matter the dose it'll stay all day, but If you look for stimulation and confidence/euphoria then you might want to redose after 4-6 hours because your body will get adapted to the effects that are unnatural without a contextual necessity.
BTW Dexedrine low dose combined with nootropics is awsome for both increasing cognitive performances and concentration.

Which is a little different, because the d and l both have equal opportunities to exert their effects in the body; rather than saying it is pure l-ampetamine, which can just act as a pure chemical itself, it is a racemate.

It's just a little different is all.

I didnt say that but perhaps I didnt make it clear that d-amp is also in Adderall. Now lets see if we can move this discussion along instead of arguing basic pharmacology and about my poor grammar. :)

Oh, I wasn't implying you were saying that. I was just saying it's different than considering adderall just d-amphetamine and l-amphetamine. Just that the racemate would have less chance for levo to work on its own before the body can separate, do what it wants to it an whatnot.

I'm sorry. :( That was my poor grammar.

What do you mean by taxing? With Adderall, this most likely is very much the case. The l-amp part is indicated in many of the peripheral side effects of Adderall (increased HR, vasoconstriction). And studies done with higher than recommended doses of Vyvanse, where the amount of lisdexamphetamine directly correlates to the amount of d-amp its converted to, showed that at doses up to 200 or 250mg were superior to lower ones (or at least the same) with not much greater adverse events. So more d-amp still works, not much side effect, more l-amp, you feel like shit.

do higher doses tax your endocrine system a lot more so inevitably you can't use them for very long?
If 200 mg worked well for someone's add symptoms wouldn't they still feel the physical side effects of a meth addict very fast. I know stimulants of any kind cause adrenal fatigue especially in suseptible individuals. And is Dexedrine less potent on the heart than coffee, it can't be right that like 5 mg of Adderall or such is 200 mg caffeine because the math would bring about caffeine amounts that blow your heart out.

And if Dexedrine is more benign on the heart than caffeine, than does that mean amphetamine is believed to be as safe as coffee in a physical sense.

Last edited:
Okay how about Hyperactivity? It seems like for hyperactivity add most people need much higher doses.

are you guys taking 5-20 mg one time really treating ADD or just a lack of energy to get things going?

And the question still remains, are Higher doses like 40 IR or 60 IR or in a theoretical sense (never done this before) 100 IR Adderall let's say does it still last only 4 hours?

I think most people with ADD once they get a little tolerance if they really wanted to treat a hyperactive mind would need far too much, like 20 mg x 3 per day for fast metabolizrs or 4 x 10 mg a day for modesty. And that's with Dexedrine, which Easily has a 1:1 ratio with adderall in dosing strength.

I'd say higher adderall or racemic amphetamine doses will have longer duration, but you may start crashing at some given time because of metabolites and perhaps the consequences of those peripheral effects after a given time. Could be that is what this claim is based on?

No other reason why different isomers of amphetamine would have such different kinetics.

I have experience with racemic and dexamph (recreational and sometimes functional in the past), nowadays since I was diagnosed with ADD earlier this year I take dexamph XR. Never abused it and I don't crash from it. I do start feeling less adequate at some later time in the day. On my day off I do feel tired, but I keep pretty busy and despite working out my drug use or drinking has left me with a condition that is not so great.

Went from 10-12 mg (XR mind you) to 16 mg now - I went up when I started taking it more days in the week relatively suddenly.

I don't buy that the dexamph present in racemic amph would really change the levoamph action so much that it does anything to KittyCat's earlier point. The whole point is that if there is levoamph present in your amph, the peripheral effects from that are what make you feel like shit which start to ruin the experience a bit. On the other hand it does give you more physical energy etc. Dexamph is much more centrally acting and doesn't quite give you that kind of energy, but also much less crash.

I consider dex pretty much the most functional and clean stim I know, XR even slightly more so (smoother). It treats my ADD very well and has been changing my life.

The theory originates what because Dexedrine feels like meth( to some people) it's like dosing meth orally at bigger numbers, lasts longer and Fades out all day. But meh it's 4 hours always for me. I can however, always get more out of it by redosing.

Last edited:
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hi, this is my first post ever. I've been lurking around reading threads for around 2 years but just made an account this morning. I'm not personally a huge stimulant fan (yeah, I know my username is kinda misleading considering I've only done coke once when it was given to me and it was ok but not something I'd pay for. Anyway I just chose it because the song reference.) Ok on topic now, personally I find Dexedrine duration is much more dependent on dosage than Adderall. I actually took 3 15mg Dexedrine Spansules at around [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]10pm last night after taking antacid and can still really feel the effects. For me no matter the dose of Adderall XR it always wears off in 6-8hrs.

When I used to go on Adderall binges I would start with 90-120mg XR and would have to take another 30-60mg every 6-8hrs and continue doing this until I wanted to crash. With Dexedrine Spansules I take 45 to 90mg MAX on day one and can usually maintain a decent high by redosing 15-30mg every 24hrs. I think Dexedrine is the best stimulant I've ever tried, great euphoria, cool body high and good duration. Adderall makes me too paranoid and isn't that euphoric, Vyvanse isn't that good in any way and I've never tried meth and don't plan to (no offense to the meth lovers out there.)
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Also I know it's against the rules to ask "what drug should I take", but I was wondering if Valium or Klonopin is better for a comedown? I Apologize if this question violates any rules.[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.