• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I need some help to find how to reduce my pain without benzo

Mracid

Bluelighter
My doc just decided to reduce my benzodiazepine dosage because he doesnt like using them regardless the fact that nothing else works, he instead refered me to a neurologist which can take up to 3-4 months to get an appointment, and instead of keeping my dose until I see the neurologist well he decided to get rid of 2/3rd of my dose within a month. So for 3 months I need to find a way of not getting back to using cannabis daily again without benzodiazepines.

Here are my symptoms, muscle craps and tensions that lead to headache, pain around the eyes, stiff neck, back pain, general feeling of being unable to move comfortably, and all those symptoms amplify my ADD along with increasing my insomnia. When I wake up its barely present but after 4-5 hours being awake it kicks in and at the middle of the day it hits an unbareable state (that is usually the moment I use medication and herbals like chamomile, green tea, lemon balm etc.). The symptoms are so high that a dose lower than 60mg temazepam isnt enough for me to even feel it. And I will be down to 15mg a day in a month.

I found alot of this that are supposed to help but nothing works alone if I don't have a more potent medication to add to the natural mix. Even 5g chamomile, 4g lemon balm and 3-4 green tea cups do not alleviate my pain. I live in canada so I have access to methocarbamol but it is not completely helpful even when mixed with herbs, I will not use DXM or any antihistamines with anti-cholinergic side effects because the long term effects are bad for brain health.

So That is why I ask for suggestions, I can't get a script for anything and I need some relief until I see the neurologist. I can't find a way to reduce my pain. I am open to any suggestions, supplements, herbs, altho I can't get a hold on Research chemicals because in canada they ask for ID and research paper.

Thanks for your time.

Phenibut or Kratom..they are legal but still drugs so stay safe and research of course

I do not feel the effects of valerian at all just like skullcap, Altho Kratom and Kava seems like a good option.

Mabe I will rotate between Kava,chamomile and lemon balm combination; kratom alone; cannabis alone; Lyrica/phenibut; and then my accumulated benzo dose with low chamomile, lemon balm and green tea combination. I will only need to buy kava and kratom I got plenty of the rest.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

You say u got ADD, could the insomnia and muscle tension be caused by amphetamines?

Why do you object to cannabis?

I'm guessing there is some sort of back story there, but that would most likely be infinitely healthier for you than taking benzos or any other pharmaceuticals.

I use diclazepam to help with chronic muscular pain/weakness in my wrists and forearms. Phenibut actually works better then benzos for me at relieving the discomfort but the rebound is wicked...not worth using it daily imo. Kratom doesn't do much for me painwise at all so I have pretty much given up on that as the side effects/withdrawals just don't feel worth it. Would like to give kava a try.

I am all for cannabis, I just do not have money to use it daily, plus my old psychiatrist told the driving insurance that I used cannabis daily making me pay for a 300$ to test if it goes against my ability to drive or a note from a doc stating that I stopped it for at least 3 months to be able to pass my driving licence without that 300$ useless test.

I've been taking dexedrine since the beginning of the month and had insomnia and cramps since I am 12 years old, so not its not the amphetamine, plus I am taking clonidine which is doing the specific action of counteracting the overstimulating effect of NE while keeping the DA intact from amphetamine, also I take 5mg which is far too low to cause those effects.

If I could I'd be using cannabis everyday instead, but ATM I can't.

I'd really have to recommend physical therapy for the musculoskeletal symptoms, stretching can be extremely important. Tight hip flexors (illiopsoas) and hip adductors can really wreak havoc on your spine, posture and head to toe body mechanics. Hamstrings are also important to stretch. I would stretch these three muscle groups first for your back.

The headache symptoms are usually caused by issues with your sternocleidomastoid and anterior/medial scalene. I really recommend stretching these as well. Sometimes some assistance in the way of myofascial release can really go a long ways. Forward head posture is really important to correct. Chintuck exercises can work wonders for that.

We as a society have a bad habit of reaching for a pill instead of asking "Why does it hurt" and then addressing the root cause.

Youtube has good guides for many stretches. Anterior neck, hip flexors and adductors, hamstrings, pec minor, all good places to start.

Vipassana mindfulness meditation can work wonders for all of your ailments too, from insomnia to muscle tension. I used to not be a believer in mindfulness myself but I have come to see it as revolutionary. It can change your life.

In fact I have a physio/osteo which is also a teacher of physio that helped me find the best stretching exercises for my specific condition, I do 2 hours of stretching daily along with at least 30 mins exercise a day. The chemical aid I am looking for is not to replace having a good posture or daily habbit, it is because nothing helps reduce my pain, I keep stretching and exercising because I know its good for other reasons but it doesnt reduce my pain. My guess is that I have a lack of inhibitory ability over my muscles which makes my neurons fire action potentials when not needed which contract my muscles without reason other than inability to stop it. I also think this problem of lack of inhibitory ability is also applied to nocieptive neurons.

I would love to be able to be comfortable without any chemical help, but I can't for now. I am going to study chemistry and make my own LSD which I found to be able to make me take control over my body, its even more efficient with biology knowledge backgroung. When I used LSD I was able to reduce my dose of benzo by 1/3, simply by isolating a problem and telling to my body how to solve the problem. But now my LSD source is dry so I need to wait and keep studying, for that I need to stop feeling constant pain that distract me alot, its also distatsteful.

I've used many anti inflammatory over the years and I find diclofenac to work better then most
I'm in Canada also you can pm me, I may have some info kicking around

Mind sharing your condition with me? If it is more pain amplification syndrome related, like CRPS/RSD then I could understand why PT wouldn't do a whole hell of a lot.

SNRIs like Duloxetine work by boosting the efferent inhibitory signals that travel from the brain down into the spine, causing inhibiton there. As far as muscle tension, I personally can't think of something OTC but pregablin and baclofen would be two to consider. Sodium channel antagonists can help with pain syndromes as well as benzo withdrawal (carbamazepine has proven effective for benzo withdrawal), They are not without risk and side effects of course.

I think you might be better off growing your own mushrooms for starters.

Pregabaline? Oh damn no script, well then perhaps phenibut as it works similarly..

If I'm not mistaken you can get codeine OTC... If the dependency isn't an issue and you have self control it can be a really good option.

Pregabalin is too weak for me so I use it on a rotation so I don't get tolerance, when I am done with pregabalin leftovers from my old script I will use phenibut as I have alot of this too.

Carisoprodol isnt used really frequently in canada and it is not OTC, Codeine OTC in canada is in only 8mg forms which makes me need at least 15 pills extracted in CWE to get rid of the acetaminophen plus it is registered by the pharmacist so I you buy too much they stop selling it to you. I do not have a pain regulation problem I think its either dystonia or more likely Hypertonia, the most logic thing to use is baclofen but again I have no ability to get a script for at least 4 months thats why I need an alternative that can be used for at least 4 months.

I just ordered 100g Kava and 100g Red boreno Kratom, I guess they will help, I do not intend on taking them daily just add them in my rotation.
Mushrooms are good for psychological issues but lack the body connection LSD has. LSD is really intense in the matter of making you able to litterally speak to your body.