• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Using MDMA for 4 nights in 5 days - potentially dangerous?

highflyingsalmon

Greenlighter
Have made very few posts to bluelight so let me know if i have done anything wrong!

Have recently been at a festival and tried mandy for the first time, i did about 200mg in total (2 bombs) on the first night. I then did the same the following two nights (bombs and gumming), i did about 300mg and 500mg on those two nights accordingly. My friend has told me about another event coming up tomorrow which without doubt will involve doing mandy again, however this will mean i'll have done it 4 out of 5 nights. Some of my friends have been doing MDMA for a while and they haven't done it that many nights in a row before so I'm slightly cautious about the health risks. I'm aware of how it can damage your serotonin levels, but as i'm not massively experienced i was hoping someone could let me know any potential implications, and if possible, their own opinions. Thanks all :).

Other info:
Male
About 60kg
5ft 9
17 years old
No experience with any drug other than weed prior to this

How did you feel at the end of your 4 days? You know that feeling isn't the same as when you started (Day one) and it is a mixture of speedy, out of it, probably feeling a bit confused - well the longer you continue to use MDMA the worse (or better depending on the individual) becomes. Switch drugs - try ketamine (in small doses - will be nicer as your on a MDMA comedown), speed will be nice, LSD etc.

MDMA again will not send you flying - this depending on what you want may be a good or bad thing, it is doable, it can be fun it can be horrible (your preference). If your using MDMA do not try and get where you were on day one of the festival (go for a happy vibe and stick with it).

4 times in 5 days is a hell of a lot, even 2 or 3 times in a single week is overkill. You won't come anywhere near the feeling of the first time, and you would have to take a LOT to feel up. Personally I think you're setting yourself up for the most horrible comedown imaginable doing MDMA that much in such a short space of time. As for serotonin syndrome - I'm not sure if that's something linked more with more long term use, but it won't do you any favours.

If you genuinely took that much in 3 days then my advice is don't do anymore MD for at least a month or two from now, you're just gonna fry your brain for a pretty mediocre night, but it's up to you

i can only agree with the others. don't take mdma again now (or in the next months at all). i'd recommend waiting at least half a year.

the first time i took mdma was at a festival. i loved the first time so much that i took 5 pills in the first two days and snorted some crumbled bits (no idea how much) on the third day. the high got worse every day and i had skewed perception and anxiety for the following 2 weeks. you are already lucky to still feel good now. better don't stress your luck or we will see you again with your own "long term comedown" thread.
learn from the mistakes of others!

if you are more scienficically minded: studies show that your brain needs anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 months (generally around 1-3 months) to find its balance again after a night out on mdma. generally you don't feel the imbalance, but if you don't wait for this amount of time it will take its toll and throw you off more and for a longer period of time.

another point is that you'd build tolerance to the good effects of mdma much more quickly if you don't wait long enough. at some point in time it then simply stops working for most people (some part of the tolerance is permanent). if you really want to keep the mdma high as good as it is now, there's only one option.

i can only agree with the others. don't take mdma again now (or in the next months at all). i'd recommend waiting at least half a year.

we all know thats never going to happen with a first time user....they will be doing it again next weekend

Thanks all for the information and advice, it's appreciated a lot. I think I'm gonna go on a break for a few months and stick to weed for a while. My first experiences using MDMA have without a doubt changed me forever, i've been battling with depression for a few years now and never thought i had the capability to be as happy, talkative and friendly as i was. I feel like a completely changed person, i feel happy again, like I've got all my emotions back. It's difficult to explain, maybe its just afterglow, but i do feel like my mindset towards life has changed. As someone who has spent a very very long time without happiness, the overwhelming joy i felt from being with friends, listening to music etc pretty much brought me to tears. I don't plan on making the use of MDMA regular (some of my friends have fallen down this hole), simply knowing that i had the capability to be happy all along is enough. I will of course be using again in the future, but i think i will stick to extra special occasions :).
Again i thank everyone for the help, there's a great community here.
Lots of Love.

if you are more scienficically minded: studies show that your brain needs anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 months (generally around 1-3 months) to find its balance again after a night out on mdma. generally you don't feel the imbalance, but if you don't wait for this amount of time it will take its toll and throw you off more and for a longer period of time.

(some part of the tolerance is permanent)

Please post the peer reviewed study that supports that contention.

Serotonin levels and synthesis is known to return to normal within 24 hours in animals dosed at 10-20 mg/kg injection

please cite any scientific evidence that has been peer reviewed that indicates any part of MDMA tolerance is permanent (anecdotal statements about "loss of magic" don't count)

Is that bit in bold scientific terminology too?

Indeed, Shugenja.

Standing so vehemently as you are against our rhetoric of taking a break, insisting we're fear mongering etc is in my mind almost akin to actually encouraging the users who come here with these questions to disregard our advice and instead accept yours, ie 'you have nothing to worry about'.

If this is your feelings and the way you yourself go about dosing MDMA, that's fine and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Just stop fucking making it your mission to come into threads here on Bluelight to call out our supposedly over precautious approach to dosing. You have nothing to do with these people or their lives, why do you give a shit if they don't get to take drugs as often as they may possibly be able to? You'll never be the one partying with them, and neither will you be there when your borderline-advice results in their number coming up leaving them with whatever unfortunate symptoms they must deal with.

Go read my posts regarding too much MDMA. You will find that I consistently state that multiple pills/hundreds of milligrams in a night -- and/or consecutive day dosing

is not advisable

What I WILL TAKE ISSUE WITH are unfounded myths, bullshit, and opinion PASSED OFF AS SCIENTIFIC FACT

Nowhere in my post did I say "don't take a break" -- I simply challenge the unfounded assertion that

"studies show that your brain needs anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 months (generally around 1-3 months) to find its balance again after a night out on mdma"

because if there are such studies -- I would like to read them.

Why do I challenge this??

Because once people find out some of what you are pushing is BULLSHIT -- they tend to ignore EVERYTHING you have to say from that point on

Even the stuff you get right. -- see below

Joe: Hey man -- bluelight said don't mix MDMA and xyz because xyz has MAOI properties and you can get Serotonin Syndrome and potentially die

Jimmy: Bluelight? -- they're full of shit -- they said there are studies that show it takes weeks to months for your brain to get back to normal after 1 night of MDMA -- I found out there are no studies -- don't believe those pikers

Serotonin levels and synthesis is known to return to normal within 24 hours in animals dosed at 10-20 mg/kg injection

please cite any scientific evidence that has been peer reviewed that indicates any part of MDMA tolerance is permanent (anecdotal statements about "loss of magic" don't count)

dude lay off the bold. i can read you fine as it is. i'm not talking about serotonin levels. the 24h are from a paper i looked up last time so why would i disagree now? i'm talking about sert binding; do you really need a referance for that? it was one of the dutch studies, i think from de win et al...

i don't think that anyone ever did studies of how awesome the high off a stimulant feels. you would get neither the funding nor approval from the ethics commission.
so there are only anecdotes. but ask the regulars here on bluelight. how many will say that their first few times were the best? how many will say that their tolerance will shoot right up after a single dose, even when they've been abstinent for years beforehand? the brain does learn to handle certain substances better when it gets more practice.
i'm not even talking about loss of magic (nor do i know if such a thing exists), nor do i think that dresden's 100 pill limit or whatever is remotely true. i just remember many posts here on bl where people report their peaks getting shorter with more use, others say that the ratio of side effects to desired effects increases, even if they don't do mdma months or years. did you never notice that the effects of stimulants change with time?

edit: i couldn't find the original dutch study that looked at sert density after a single dose at various timepoints. but here's one of many that find sert reduction in current users and normal levels in ex-users (90 days+ since last ingestion).

Last edited:
d

edit: i couldn't find the original dutch study that looked at sert density after a single dose at various timepoints. but here's one of many that find sert reduction in current users and normal levels in ex-users (90 days+ since last ingestion).

really?

you said "your brain needs anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 months (generally around 1-3 months) to find its balance again after a night out on mdma."

lets look at your study

Cumulated ecstasy dose (tablets)827 ± 1,268 (13–6,873)793 ± 679 (78–3,122)

Duration of use (mo)54 ± 32 (5–120)55 ± 27 (18–116)
(former users and current users)

The subjects consumed on average more than 500 pills -- several consumed more than 1000 doses

One of the test subjects consumed 3,122 pills -- and another 6,873

and on average they used MDMA for 5 years, some for 10

furthermore there is no way for the study authors to assert that the differences seen are

1. caused by MDMA -- all the subjects had used multiple other drugs -- and the values were extremely similar for current/past MDMA use and poly drug users

2. not within normal human variation ( 3 sample groups of 29 persons)

Furthermore, the authors failed to compare the values to SSRI users -- which is most interesting, as long term SSRI use is known to downregulate sert binding --

(now we couldn't actually show that MDMA causes no more harm than Lexapro now can we??)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not "potentially dangerous" it IS dangerous. You should only be rolling once every 3+months if you must. If you care about your happiness/sanity/well being, you follow these rules.

Its not "potentially dangerous" it IS dangerous. You should only be rolling once every 3+months if you must. If you care about your happiness/sanity/well being, you follow these rules.

I think you should only be going to work for about 16 hours a week if you must according to my scientific study but it seems to be taking centuries to get capitalism to obey the rules of science.

I have it on very good information (wink wink) that partaking weekly (sometimes multiple days) for a year, and hundreds of times in the course of several years did not negatively affect the sanity/happiness/well being of at least one person !!

what abt all the threads abt mdma comedowns that last months due to irresponsible use. i really dont think this is the place for a campaign pushing for more frequent ecstacy use.

4 nights in a row is simply too much. 3 nights would be pointless. 2 nights you would probably get away with, but I wouldn't say it would be worth it. But seriously, 4 nights...you may not cause permanent damage if you somehow kept your doses sensible, however that simply wouldn't work. You'd be lining yourself up for at least 2 days of underwhelming if not negative experience, on top of wasting cash you could've spent or something else.

TL;DR best case scenario this is a waste of money, worst case you fuck yourself for months. I strongly suggest you don't roll the dice.

4 nights in a row is simply too much.
TL;DR best case scenario this is a waste of money, worst case you fuck yourself for months. I strongly suggest you don't roll the dice.

Yes it is not advisable. You are replicating the experiment to induce total tolerance to MDMA. (it only takes 120-160 mg daily for 6 days per Shul

If you have to ask, it's probably a bad idea which is your brain telling you not to fry it.

All of us heavy users back in the day have now hit long term status and can safely say that like all releasers, you don't want to play. Everybody always asks when they've already decided...

Let me tell you about me... I'm MagickalKat777 and I used to mod this forum until the damage finally caught up to me. Most I ever did was twice a week and that decimated every part of me. What you're doing... I pray to whoever is out there you don't have MDMA because all of us old schoolers have everything from panic attacks on the minor to seizures on the other. I have a friend who rolled from 17 to 27 and she has to have brain surgery to regulate her serotonin because they have no idea what could be causing her petit mal seizures but when she told me she had one during which she put tobasco in her Dr Pepper, I realized she was cracked out and sure enough, she stops seizing when she takes MDMA.

This is a hallucinogenic methamphetamine that modifies the way SERT works for weeks... From one dose...

Oh and I have no reason to make anything up - I find it hilarious when I see the aftermath and get to say I told you so, I'm just in a decent mood.

If you have to ask, it's probably a bad idea which is your brain telling you not to fry it.

All of us heavy users back in the day have now hit long term status and can safely say that like all releasers, you don't want to play. Everybody always asks when they've already decided...

Let me tell you about me... I'm MagickalKat777 and I used to mod this forum until the damage finally caught up to me. Most I ever did was twice a week and that decimated every part of me. What you're doing... I pray to whoever is out there you don't have MDMA because all of us old schoolers have everything from panic attacks on the minor to seizures on the other. I have a friend who rolled from 17 to 27 and she has to have brain surgery to regulate her serotonin because they have no idea what could be causing her petit mal seizures but when she told me she had one during which she put tobasco in her Dr Pepper, I realized she was cracked out and sure enough, she stops seizing when she takes MDMA.

This is a hallucinogenic methamphetamine that modifies the way SERT works for weeks... From one dose...

Oh and I have no reason to make anything up - I find it hilarious when I see the aftermath and get to say I told you so, I'm just in a decent mood.

:) :)