Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM/600 mg - Inexperienced - at school

ImbEtter97

Greenlighter
Disclaimer: Everything I did was incredibly stupid but if you plan on doing something like this use EXTREME caution.
-Red

This is a story of maybe the 5th or 6th time I've ever done dxm and this is the highest amount I've ever done. By this time I was in love with dxm and wanted to do more. I was partial with doing drugs at school, for me it adds a new aspect to the high. The afternoon before school the next day I got my ingredients. I made a drink that is now very popular at my school called devils blood. Its basically poweraid, dxm + doxylamine, and energy powder. It makes a red drink that looks like fresh blood and makes your tounge numb. I made this drink with around 600 mg of dxm and 100 mg of doxylamine. Here's what happened the next day when I took it.

Time: 7:20 am

So I was waiting for the bus to get maybe and drank about 3 sips didn't want to get nausea. Bus ended up not coming and I had to get a ride to school.

Time: 8:00 am

My first period starts and I took 2 or 3 big gulps I start to feel a drowsey like feeling and think its the doxylamine. Slight feeling of choppyness when i shake my head.

Time 9:00 am/dosage: 100-200 mg

Take 2 huge gulps. Slight nausea but eat ginger candy to combat it. Feeling of 1st plateau. Slight cevs overall I feel good. I have about half the poweraid bottle left.

Time 9:45 am/dosage: 250-350

Drank 3 gulps more. Cevs are visible, no pupil dilation, robowalk is very noticeable. Not sleepy which is surprising ( the drink powder I used has energy additives ). Around 2nd plateau.

10:15 am /dosage 350- 450 mg

Cevs are very easily seen oevs are now being seen. Everything is wavy and I'm able to think extremely deep, mostly about the color yellow. The wall's look like their breathing and the ground is just one big wave. Probably about to hit 3rd plateau.

Time 10:45 am /dosage 600 mg

I down the rest of the bottle. I don't remember to much about the times 11:40-12:30 but I'm very intospective about a lot. Don't know plateau maybe 4th or a close 5th.

Time 2:00 pm/dosage ?

Left school early people say by eyes look like in coming down off coke. Went on 4 hour car ride, time felt sped up and felt dissconected the whole time.

Overall the high was more dissacociative than phycadelic. Best way to describe it was I was floating above my body but my brain was still functioning on my normal body. Little to no nausea. The doxylamine had no effect which is good. Next time I'm gonna add 200 mg of dph and 600 mg of dxm to make the high more intense.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something a guy named William White wrote in the 1990s in his DXM FAQ, and it still applies.

http://dxm.darkridge.com/faq/dxm_most.html#toc.7.5.3
Many people have had the experience of going to classes drunk, stoned, or otherwise intoxicated. Going to class on a low dose of DXM should be fairly similar. Once probably won't hurt you, although it certainly isn't going to help you either. Doing this regularly is definitely bad news, as DXM will interfere with memory when used regularly, and may cause cognitive impairment with long-term use. High doses of DXM are even worse, since the dissociative effects can lead to highly inappropriate behavior. To top it off, as it becomes more difficult to judge the appropriateness of behavior, the fear at doing something that will get you laughed at (or worse) can make a trip turn unpleasant.

A special note for people still in high school (or younger): don't do DXM, or any other drug, in school. Yes, school can really suck. The classes are boring, repetitive, unchallenging, and full of potentially useless information. The teachers are often (but not always!) more interested in hearing you regurgitate facts than have an original thought. The administrators generally aren't interested in you as a person, they're interested in making sure the school runs smoothly and that they get paid. And your peers usually don't give a rat's ass about your feelings; they're too busy coping with newly found hormones and playing Cooler Than Thou. And so, I might add, are you, in all likelihood.

During this time, many students with half a brain in their heads end up going through the usual sort of teenage existential angst (you'll know it when you get there). This is, I think, one of the rites of passage of today's youth, which has the potential to liberate one from being completely under the control of what one's peers think of as cool. It also has the potential to get you into a lot of trouble, especially with drugs, and DXM is no exception.

Don't get me wrong; I don't think drug use is inherently any more or less wrong for teenagers than for adults. In practicality, however, one needs a certain level of emotional and intellectual (and possibly physical) maturity before responsible drug use becomes likely. And responsible people know there are times and places not to use intoxicating or otherwise mind-altering substances.

So in the mean time, avoid using drugs in school. Many of your teachers and administrators will know (they may seem dumb as a post. Don't believe it). Your grades will probably suffer, and for all their seeming irrelevancy, good grades are really one of the better tickets out of a life of boredom. You may also develop a stubborn habit, as the use of a drug becomes associated with the everyday activity of going to school. Finally, the bad trip potential shouldn't be ignored.

As for what to do instead, well, there's no easy answers there. Some people find fulfillment in reading Sartre and Thoreau, others in reading X-Men and romance novels. Regular exercise really does help, as with so many other problems in life, and it helps one to cope with boredom and mundanity. Don't neglect your mind either, even if your teachers do; you can be your own teacher (and a damned good one at that). Question everyone and everything; it's the only way to learn. And above all else, try to keep a sense of humor; things that seem vastly important now will seem a lot less serious in a few years.

Obviously, the same advice goes for using DXM at work. Unless your job is considerably different than most I've ever encountered, DXM won't help your performance and will probably seriously impair it. So unless you want to end up unemployed, save the psychedelics for weekends and vacations.

Man I wish I would have found that writing from William White about 15 years ago

Care to elaborate?

It's great this quote is shared. I can confirm that other dissociatives like DXM can really do a number on your cognition which is bad news. I've been wanting to dumb myself down, but was already on a very nasty path of complications in my life.

If you're bored in class, this may be a sign of being understimulated and not encouraged enough. Find other ways to challenge yourself. I'm not saying always be abstinent, but I am definitely happy that I did not take harder drugs until 18 and that I really limited my being under the influence in school to the once or the twice. Not like my friend who took lsd in class in high school, he didn't do so well soon after.

Make sure you have a future and trip in your spare time. Because doing DXM in class - while reasonable if it is only once to experiment - can be a real symptom of starting to check out and focussing too much on the wrong things. Trust me, I understand being a deviant, but it doesn't mean you have to mix your experimentation with school. Forget about the 'dimension' it brings, there are other dimensions to explore instead. Regardless of what friends might think there is nothing wrong with making sure you do ok in school and keeping all your experimentation very separate from it, that is actually the wise thing to do and definitely still not goodie two shoes - you will thank yourself later.

The doxylamine seems like a terrible idea to me but ok.