• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD for anxiety-benzo withdrawal?

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Can anyone help me out here as I am not a cannabis smoker and know very little about the drug.

I was put on Valium 16 years ago and taken it daily. I want to get off it due to it is actually making my anxiety worse. Trying to come off is stupidly hard so looking around on the net and it came up with 'CBD is good for anxiety' Anyone have any experiences with this CBD and would it ease anxiety or benzo withdrawals?

CBD is another active ingredient is cannabis and is moreso associated with the medical effects from cannabis, it'll absolutely help with your withdrawals. How are you going to be going off the valium? Hopefully you're working with your doctor to taper safely and if not please do some reading on the risks associated with benzo withdrawals.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm is a fantastic resource for all things benzo related.

The only problem is the acquisition of a legitimate high CBD strain/edible etc. There's not many options out there in the illicit market for high CBD strains as they typically have a smaller THC content in order to get people less high, if you live somewhere with access to medical cannabis products I'd be looking into some CBD tinctures especially if you're not looking to start smoking. Some more info on your situation involving acquisition and laws in the area might help make better recommendations.

CBD is another active ingredient is cannabis and is moreso associated with the medical effects from cannabis, it'll absolutely help with your withdrawals. How are you going to be going off the valium? Hopefully you're working with your doctor to taper safely and if not please do some reading on the risks associated with benzo withdrawals.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm is a fantastic resource for all things benzo related.

The only problem is the acquisition of a legitimate high CBD strain/edible etc. There's not many options out there in the illicit market for high CBD strains as they typically have a smaller THC content in order to get people less high, if you live somewhere with access to medical cannabis products I'd be looking into some CBD tinctures especially if you're not looking to start smoking. Some more info on your situation involving acquisition and laws in the area might help make better recommendations.

Thanks greatly for the helpful reply.

Forgot to say in my thread, I am also on Klonopin, been on it for 7 years, so currently on 2 benzos. I read long term use of benzos can actually make anxiety worse, so I need to get off them. I live in the UK and they are fairly strict here about cannabis, although the NHS have released a kind of smoking thing called a 'Medipen' It says it has 20% CBD, it can be bought legally so think I may get one as lowering Klonopin is just horrid, the anxiety has gone crazy, and this is lowering it really slowly.....Just hope CBD helps and not makes it worse as read some people get anxiety from certain grades of cannabis?

There is a UK based online shop, CBD brothers, who make very high quality CBD containing products, not from hemp like most are, but from genuine medical grade charlotte's web cannabis which is grown and extracted in the Netherlands before being imported to the UK. Unfortunately they are rather expensive.

They make capsules which can be eaten, an oil which can be taken sublingually, a paste which can be used in various ways, a balm for the skin, and they are about to introduce another oil which is suitable for vaping (not in an ecig, more like for use with a concentrate vape).

I can really attest to the effectiveness of their products, but again they are rather pricy unfortunately. They do offer some extracts made from hemp at a lower cost.