• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why don't I get the 'opiate high'

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So as of recent I've tried hydrocodone and trams just to get the opiate experience. I've taken upwards of 25-30 mg hydro and haven't gotten the slightest change. I understand it's not similar to a cannabis high but I've heard it gives out an uplifted warm feeling that I just don't seem to get; simply nothing happens. Is 25-30mg to small of a dose or what? Thanks in advance!

So as of recent I've tried hydrocodone and trams just to get the opiate experience. I've taken upwards of 25-30 mg hydro and haven't gotten the slightest change. I understand it's not similar to a cannabis high but I've heard it gives out an uplifted warm feeling that I just don't seem to get; simply nothing happens. Is 25-30mg to small of a dose or what? Thanks in advance!

25-30 mg. of Hydrocodone is not a small dose for somone with low opioid tolerance. I've heard of several people who complain of the same dilemna as you, it must just come down to your unique neurochemistry/physiology. What speifically it is, no one know. You should feel something off as little as 5(of maybe even as low as 2.5)mg. of hydro.

It's also strange that you also feel nothing off the tramadol, as it has snri properties as well as opioid agonist effects, so you would think even if it was a problem with you opioid receptors and the drugs binding to them, you would still feel some stimulating/antidepressant effects. This is quite a strange phenomena. I would advise being quite careful if you plan on further experimenting, as carelessly raising the dose could lead to ill effects if all of a sudden the full amount of the opiod starts binding.(overdose risk, just a heads up)

Some people don't feel much euphoria from opiates and this might be what's happening with you. The effects can be subtle, but I would think you would feel something from the dose you took, like RDP89 said be careful. Maybe these aren't meant for you. (Homeless ------ > BDD)

I used to relly on the uplifting energetic high opiates would give me. It was like a double shot expressio in the AM lol. Don't get hooked on the high. Trust me it only gets worse from there. At the end I was taking 3x60mg a day with 4-5 30mg instant release. I went to subutex (not suboxin) and I feel like I did back when I was takin one 5 mg Vicodone. It's a slippery evil path that only leads to withdrawals and really messes with your head over time. Be careful. I wish no one the pain of long term pain pills.

Hmm interesting. I figured at that dose something was wrong if I wasn't feeling a thing. It was worth a shot though just tried it to see the effects. Not planning on loading down my body with apap all the time :p I appreciate the input guys!

OP, you should probably be aware that some folks, myself included, experience certain Opioids differently than the majority of the population. I feel, based upon my limited research, that this is probably related to a difference in our bodies' metabolic processes and respective enzyme activities. For instance, I'm not unaffected by Hydrocodone or Oxycodone, but I would require at least 100mg of either to experience a decent high. This is enough to overdose a lot of people. The same goes for Codeine. I've take grams at a time of CWE material, with little effect.

Other Opioids, specifically Morphine, Heroin and Hydromorphone seem to effect me normally, albeit with a higher tolerance than most people that I know. You could be experiencing the same phenomenon. You might want to give some of the stronger Opioids a try to see if they effect you differently. There's really no practical difference from one Opioid to another in terms of potency; it's all relative.

OP, you should probably be aware that some folks, myself included, experience certain Opioids differently than the majority of the population. I feel, based upon my limited research, that this is probably related to a difference in our bodies' metabolic processes and respective enzyme activities. For instance, I'm not unaffected by Hydrocodone or Oxycodone, but I would require at least 100mg of either to experience a decent high. This is enough to overdose a lot of people. The same goes for Codeine. I've take grams at a time of CWE material, with little effect.

Other Opioids, specifically Morphine, Heroin and Hydromorphone seem to effect me normally, albeit with a higher tolerance than most people that I know. You could be experiencing the same phenomenon. You might want to give some of the stronger Opioids a try to see if they effect you differently. There's really no practical difference from one Opioid to another in terms of potency; it's all relative.
The only thing keeping me from doing g this is the unavailability of any stronger meds other than heroine around me, and H is just the one thing I don't want to dip my toes in

I have been taking opiates for over 14yrs, the only thing I feel is pain relief which I am thankful for, you get the high only in the beginning then it's chasing the dragon from then on.

Agreed with all said above but one question I have for you is did you take them on a full stomach or empty? When I was using hydros/oxy/morph, whatever if there was any food in my stomach I would feel almost nothing. If you try again don't eat for at least 3 hours and you should feel something.

Agreed with all said above but one question I have for you is did you take them on a full stomach or empty? When I was using hydros/oxy/morph, whatever if there was any food in my stomach I would feel almost nothing. If you try again don't eat for at least 3 hours and you should feel something.
Come to think about it I believe did take them after I good meal the first time, which was 10mg hydrocodone. But the second time I took 25 mg on an empty stomach
after reading up and feeling like I could handle it.

I don't feel 30 mg of hydro either although I am a heroine addict, but before I was an addict still had a natural high tolerance for opiates. You may need to try 40 mg

On my first time I did one twenty mg oxycodone pill first and then half 30mins later and again the other half in 20mins but I didn't feel anything else than lethargy so I took another twenty mgs and then another within an hour to feel nice. I am quite petite female so I guess I just have naturally high opaite tolerance.

Could something similar happen with cocaine? I tried a couple lines and it didn't hit me at all...felt more stimulated from a couple sips of coffee.

First 4-5 times i took 15-25 mgs of vis n perks n didnt get high at all, than i smoked a lil tree n the opiates started working.. shit was so weird they never worked unless i smoked w em but dam did i try lol.. oxys did it 4 me tho, altho not to the point id lik to be at unless xanax is involved ( dont do it) heroin is cheaper n not too much worst if u jus smoke a few times to try it out n actually have the will to do that

Iksaxophone, could it be a bad a batch? How did others react into it if there were others doing that same coke?

Possibly. There were five or six others doing it, and it seemed to effect them. However, the next day someone got more and my friend noted it was better stuff. I didn't take any of the new stuff though.